Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplDMan

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
Wallet case is definitely for me... I just need the phone + credit card + DL + car key... what else do i need??

venasque

macrumors member
May 13, 2008
I have, it's good quality, but when they say a snug fit they mean it. Plus if you want to hear those alerts/ring then you have to put the phone in top first and don't be in any hurry to answer those calls. Suppose if I gave the leather some time it would lossen enough though.

It will loosen up. When I got my first case for my 3GS many moons ago it was really snug but it loosened up and just became nice. In fact after I took off my Zagg protectors it became too loose.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Oops sorry about that. This is the one I'm getting. Can't wait to get it! What I like about this is the fact that I can put the phone upside down when I have my earpods plugged in and I can also use it to rest my iPhone on when I'm out lets say at a restaurant eating. This way I get to use my iPhone naked in all its beauty with protection when it's in my pockets, and I think it looks great!

Thats a nice one right there. Though, I didnt like the striped texture..

Iam getting the BookBook 5

trozau

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Appleland, USA
I got the Sena Ultra Slim. It came today and it is great.

black.jpg

VinnyV

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
Oops sorry about that. This is the one I'm getting. Can't wait to get it! What I like about this is the fact that I can put the phone upside down when I have my earpods plugged in and I can also use it to rest my iPhone on when I'm out lets say at a restaurant eating. This way I get to use my iPhone naked in all its beauty with protection when it's in my pockets, and I think it looks great!

mind for the link it caught my eye :D love these type of pouches.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I am glad to see I am not the only person obsessed or anal about these things. I have a SFBags iPhone 5 wallet, a Golla wallet and I have an Element accessory case. I so much don't want to like the SFBags wallet because of the plastic front and it being kind of thick but the more I use it, the same things I don't like, I like. It is very hard to use another case. Being able to take the phone out of my pocket and see notifications or set it on my desk and not have to remove the iPhone to see whats going on is pretty nice.

trozau

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Appleland, USA
How tight is the fit in this case? Is it hard pulling the phone out and putting it in?

At first it is a snug fit but the leather is soft, so it is manageable. The leather is now starting to break-in/adjust, so it is getting easy to put in and get out. Really nice and soft Napa leather. :)

jeblis

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2012
I got the Sena Ultra Slim. It came today and it is great.

I got that today too. I really like it, but I think I might return it for the ultraslim classic (which wasn't listed before). I can't think of a use case for charging it in the case and I'd rather have the extra protection of not having the hole.

HERO XXL

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
i'm always curious how people talk on the phone using this? do you just hold the whole thing with your cards and money on it while talking?

kind of cumbersome.

I just flip the front part back, that's all. My card is always facing inward (I only carry my main one and my license--don't want to add too much bulk, so it's okay) so it's never a problem. With the Five, it's even better, since the phone is thinner...but when I had the Book Book for the 4S, it was the same.

TrulyYuki

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
Washington

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Thats why I prefer the sleeve over the case.

PLUS, all the cases are ugly. No doubt. You can actually find cool-looking sleeves (black leather etc). Its also about taste. If youre 13 I can get it if youre going with a case but if youre more mature, its the professional style you want. Its neat having a leather case for your phone. Shows others that you mean the best for it.:)

FTW! (I actually couldn't have said it any better myself :cool:)

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have a lead on if/when Sena will release an argyle for the iPhone 5? I absolutely love the one for my iPhone 4, and I am continuing to use it with my iPhone 5, until they release an updated version.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
You can actually find cool-looking sleeves (black leather etc). Its also about taste. If youre 13 I can get it if youre going with a case but if youre more mature, its the professional style you want. Its neat having a leather case for your phone. Shows others that you mean the best for it.:)

Hey, I had a leather pouch when I was 13 :p

My SGP Crumena is arriving Monday - I'll post pics once it has arrived. I ordered the black one.

MattiasN

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2009
Gothenburg, Sweden
Agreed. When I asked Sena about this they told me that they don't plan to add a hole for the headphone jack either. Don't understand why they wouldn't but oh well.

I'm debating whether it would be worth making the hole myself. Cutting a small piece out?

What do you guys think?
I definitely agree with you about the need for a headphone jack hole. Actually I emailed Sena Cases with the same question earlier today, ie why the case doesn't seem to have a headphone opening and if they plan it for the future.

I've used a Sena Ultrathin on my Iphone 4 and like it - although it's was a little bit to tight the first months. A few weeks ago I pre-ordered a Ultrathin case for my Iphone 5. When I put the order I took for granted that the case will have an opening for the headphone jack. I think I interpreted "Speaker openings" as they meant "headphone speaker opening", which sounded like the only logical case design.

In my head it doesn't make sense at all to have a lightning plug opening, but no headphone opening on a protection pouch.

The Iphone needs protection when I'm on-on-the go and keep the unit in my pocket or in a bag. And at those times I cannot charge the phone. When I'm on-the-go I want to listen to music/podcasts and use the headphones if I get a phone call (while the phone is still in the pocket/pouch). But this common use case is not possible when using the new Sena Ultrathin case model. At least if I also want access to the mute and Sleep/Wake buttons (which I want).

I will probably cancel my pre-order of the Ultrathin with Lightning opening.

Last edited:

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Personally I dont like the look on the website. Its very ... vague.

However - Your wish is my law - its fixed now! ;)

It's hardly vague. If anything it's minimalist but stylish and easy to navigate. I've ordered several products from and never had a problem as long as I'm not doing it on an iOS device. ;)

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Found some more nice pouches/sleeves etc:

Knomo have some very nice ones.
Example:

iphone_2.jpg

Also, I found one which looked really nice with a metal plate in it at the front to doubly protect the screen, but can't find it now :(
Had a metal kangaroo logo on I think, company began with 'p'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.