Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Millah

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
I like Ive, but he rambles way too much and his ******** dictionary is five times as thick as Steve could ever dream of having. He needs to stick to design, he has no stage presence and his hyperbole is off the charts. I can't stand to listen to him verbally vomit about Apple products and the "emotions" they invoke in users and how they love their products. It like he thinks people love them like their kids or pets. The only one close to Ive in hyperbole is Forstall. That guy steals ideas and acts as though he was the genius who thought it up and then gets all wide-eyed about how great it is. Since he has been in charge of iOS it's been nothing more than ripping off big features from other platforms or Apples own devs. Forstall has no shame and his smug smiles presenting others ideas as his own drive me up the wall whenever he is on stage. Schiller is really the only one I can tolerate, maybe Eddy Cue. Cue looks like a nerd and would be fun to talk to. NONE are the salesman Steve was and none should emulate him.

You either need a new eye doctor, or a new prescription.

Wow. Chill out. I doubt you know I've or Forstall personally, or what they do at work. "Ever since" Forstall became in charge of iOS? You mean since the very beginning? The guy who helped create the entire interface language of touch screen smartphones today? Yea, that guy is such a no-good rotten hack.

You know, the minute you do something that's even nearly as significant as what either Ive or Forstall have accomplished in life, MAYBE you could start talking about them. But until then, you're just an uncreative person sitting behind a keyboard criticisizing OTHER creative people who actually do things.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
This doesnt change anything. When competing products are announced with other components and features, like HDMI!... they get shunned. But a relatively usless feature like a apple branded 'retina' display get praised to no end as if its the next best thing since sliced bread. And as if such a naming convention is needed... Retina Display? Seriously? but for arrogance it sure is.. i wonder if Apple patented it..

Sorry but Apple obsoleted the need of an HDMI connection, on the tablet, when they introduced AirPlay and AirPlay mirroring. And both coming to a Mac computer near you when Mountain Lion comes out later this summer.

mac4good84

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2012
Way to go apple

I know this is off topic, but I read this column over on cnet and pasted this excerpt from it:

Or, as our news editor Jim Kerstetter put it here at CNET, "Windows Vista drove my family into the arms of Apple. Now we have a Macbook Pro, a Macbook Air, three iPods, an iPhone, and an Apple router...not to mention two sound systems with iPod docks. Why? Because they don't suck." Sometimes, that's the simplest reason of all.

Lol just had to post this; Keep it up Apple!

Nostromo

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Deep Space
And let it have bigger storage.

64 Gb for the entry level, and at least 128 Gb for those who want to step up.

Not to forget an USB port. But we may see this only on iPad4. The iPad3 has, with its new display, enough upgrade juice.

Thinking of it - we DO need that USB port. Let's have it in the iPad3 already.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
And let it have bigger storage.

64 Gb for the entry level, and at least 128 Gb for those who want to step up.

Not to forget an USB port. But we may see this only on iPad4. The iPad3 has, with its new display, enough upgrade juice.

Thinking of it - we DO need that USB port. Let's have it in the iPad3 already.

Doubt you will ever see a stand alone USB port on the iPad.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I don't get why it's confirmed; you bought a high resolution screen from someone in china the same size, but it doesn't confirm is gonna be used for the iPad 3. With many new tablets coming out this might not be apples'... Maybe

robwormald

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
Does that mean all computer displays will look like a POS after you use the retina display iPad 3?

Apple has already planned for this - 10.7.3 has HiDPI / "Retina Display" type image assets... so I expect we'll see super-hi resolution Macs just shortly after the iPad 3 to scratch that very itch you're describing...

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I sold my iPad 2 a couple of hours ago to an old school "friend"... mwaha!

Going to be the first time I queue for an Apple product outside an Apple Store :) Can't wait!

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
I sold my iPad 2 a couple of hours ago to an old school "friend"... mwaha!

Going to be the first time I queue for an Apple product outside an Apple Store :) Can't wait!

i still have an iPad 1, never bothered with the iPad 2, but the 3 will also be my first time getting an apple product on launch day, not sure if i'll go to an apple store yet though (hour drive to the nearest one)

so exciting!

shazzam

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
An iPad has always been a huge "want" for me, but I've had trouble coming up with the money for the one I want. But I might have to go tooth and nail for one of these. What an incredible res for a 10" screen and a quad core A6 and more RAM, this thing could potentially replace my iMac!

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
i still have an iPad 1, never bothered with the iPad 2, but the 3 will also be my first time getting an apple product on launch day, not sure if i'll go to an apple store yet though (hour drive to the nearest one)

so exciting!

nice :) the iPad 2 was my first iPad... I don't think I'd have upgraded to the iPad 2 either. The camera on it was pretty bad. I hope it's better on the iPad 3! Not bothered if not though, that retina display will be wiugbenrijgnwriu!

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Page 2 Rumor: Apple to subsidise eye-surgery so people can actually notice the difference in everyday use.
Actually, the difference will be immediately appreciated in everyday use to certain groups of people.

In particular, anyone who uses a logographic writing system will see the benefits instantaneously, on virtually every page or screen that is viewed. This means most of southeast Asia: China (PRC), Taiwan, Korea, Japan, etc.

A Retina Display on a device like an iPad will give digital character display much closer to that of high-quality printed material.

The improvements in text legibility are less drastic for those using Western alphabets since the character forms are relatively simplistic.

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
I'm in for 1.

If you walk out of an Apple store with a stack of iPads, and you get mugged, I will laugh.

2560x1600 does not bring flagship video cards to their knees when doing anything normal like you would on an iPad (using the OS, web browsing, small apps, photos, videos, audio, light gaming, etc.) It's only when you load up a 3D game that has 150,000 special effects running at 2560x1600 that brings flagship video cards to their knees.

Ordering online. My time is valuable and it's pointless to wait in line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.