Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderLounge

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2006
iBookG4user said:
I hope they come out this tuesday because I can't wait any longer than wednesday. If I buy from a college will I still be able to return it for any reason for 14 days?

Yes.

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
corywoolf said:
Why not wait until the Kentsfield? Those should be out early 2007... Everyone don't buy the Merom MBP's, I repeat... Do not buy the Merom MBP's, Kentsfield is right around the corner!

:D :p

Dude, I am using puch cards here...

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
NewSc2 said:
Also, where is AppleInsider getting this information from? The same "insiders" that said it was coming at Photokina? I'm really starting to gravitate towards the "it's out when it's out" crowd (also a bit of the "it'll be out by MWSF" crowd)

i don't think so. the "it will be at photokina" was macosrumors.com a.k.a. macscoop.com. they also predicted 12'' MBPs.

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
ChickenSwartz said:
Dude, I am using puch cards here...
Originally Posted by corywoolf
Why not wait until the Kentsfield? Those should be out early 2007... Everyone don't buy the Merom MBP's, I repeat... Do not buy the Merom MBP's, Kentsfield is right around the corner!
Why not get a C2D when they come out soon and sell it when the kentsfield comes out? Macs have a high resale value. And im sure when kentsfield comes out, there will be another better chip in the horizon. Are you going to say "dont buy kentsfield" X named chip is coming out soon. :p

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Next Tuesday said:
Why not get a C2D when they come out soon and sell it when the kentsfield comes out? Macs have a high resale value. And im sure when kentsfield comes out, there will be another better chip in the horizon. Are you going to say "dont buy kentsfield" X named chip is coming out soon. :p

I was just kidding. I am using a Pentium 4 laptop, close to punch cards sometimes though.

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
ChickenSwartz said:
I was just kidding. I am using a Pentium 4 laptop, close to punch cards sometimes though.
It was more toward corywoolfs comment. But i am on a p4 machine too and im ready to throw it out the window and pee on it. haha

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Next Tuesday said:
It was more toward corywoolfs comment. But i am on a p4 machine too and im ready to throw it out the window and pee on it. haha

I droped mine the other day, on accident, but it felt oh so good...

Leej

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
what a newsflash: Appleinsider reiterates the obvious in a noncommittal fashion. Once again they use the Magic 8 Ball widget and comes up with a real shocker: sometime in the next few unspecified number of weeks MBPs will be updated to Merom. Really? Amazing! :rolleyes:

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
This just in...winter is coming!

Snow is expected to fall in the next 4-6 weeks, the temperature has dropped although snow is not in production just yet :rolleyes:

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
Leej said:
what a newsflash: Appleinsider reiterates the obvious in a noncommittal fashion. Once again they use the Magic 8 Ball widget and comes up with a real shocker: sometime in the next few unspecified number of weeks MBPs will be updated to Merom. Really? Amazing! :rolleyes:
Maybe AppleInsider reads these forums and comes up with an hypothesis from them and touts it as "an inside source" hahahaha

barkins

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
Encino, CA
Next Tuesday said:
Maybe AppleInsider reads these forums and comes up with an hypothesis from them and touts it as "an inside source" hahahaha

Hahaha, imagine that.

Hey AppleInsider, I heard from an unnamed source that the Merom MacBook Pros will ship with a 1 terabyte hard drive! ;)

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
damn, if core 2s are finally coming out that probably lowers the resale value of my 2 week old macbook 2.0ghz by a couple hundred bucks right off.

love the way apple plays their adoring fans, eh?

barkins

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
Encino, CA
Grakkle said:
damn, if core 2s are finally coming out that probably lowers the resale value of my 2 week old macbook 2.0ghz by a couple hundred bucks right off.

love the way apple plays their adoring fans, eh?

Ultimatly they're in the business of making money. So you gotta be one step ahead of them, somehow. :rolleyes:

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
I'll be waiting a few months after they come out with the meroms before I consider trading in my macbook, anyway. Rather sit out the initial hiccups. ;)

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Next Tuesday said:
Getting ready to throw out my old MacBook Pro, it's getting a little long in the tooth if you know what I mean?
Take that Greenpeace!

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Why are the threads all dead? No one is really talking much....

Did all the "MBP updated by holidays" (or what ever it's called) threada come here?

juststranded

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2006
Next Tuesday said:

Same here. What a piece of crap this thing is.

I really don't know what to do at this point. If I buy a bew C2D in the next few weeks, I'll probably sell mine and get the newest one if they release another at MWSF.

If Apple releases one before teh holidays and another new one at MacWorld, that's just freakin' stupid. They could have got a lot better sales releasing C2D in August, then another update at MacWorld.

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
corywoolf said:

:D :p
-_- Kentsfield is a DESKTOP processor so this power-hungry quadcore processor will never be stuffed into a MBP. The C2D will probably be the primary mobile processor until the new 45nm processors are out and along the way, Santa Rosa will give the C2D a FSB speed bump.

It kinda depends on how long you can wait and how fast can Intel/Apple release Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa is about 3-4 months away if Apple chooses them without hesitation. However, Santa Rosa (802.11n, flash memory, 800MHz FSB, more battery life) is starting to be much more convincing to wait than this coming up revision.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
dornoforpyros said:
This just in...winter is coming!

Snow is expected to fall in the next 4-6 weeks, the temperature has dropped although snow is not in production just yet :rolleyes:

Damn!!

Yet another thing you Northern Hemisphere guys get long before we do, Summer's on the way here it'll be nearly a year before we see any of this "Winter" stuff you talk about.

Typical Apple, always forgetting us below the equator...

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
poppe said:
Why are the threads all dead? No one is really talking much....

Did all the "MBP updated by holidays" (or what ever it's called) threada come here?

People are all tired of waiting

pigwin32

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
Oakura
Grakkle said:
I'll be waiting a few months after they come out with the meroms before I consider trading in my macbook, anyway. Rather sit out the initial hiccups. ;)
Umm, this is a joke right?

pigwin32

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
Oakura
scott523 said:
-_- Kentsfield is a DESKTOP processor so this power-hungry quadcore processor will never be stuffed into a MBP. The C2D will probably be the primary mobile processor until the new 45nm processors are out and along the way, Santa Rosa will give the C2D a FSB speed bump.

It kinda depends on how long you can wait and how fast can Intel/Apple release Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa is about 3-4 months away if Apple chooses them without hesitation. However, Santa Rosa (802.11n, flash memory, 800MHz FSB, more battery life) is starting to be much more convincing to wait than this coming up revision.
Yes agreed. I'm kinda interested in Apple's plans for external storage on the MBP's. Right now there's no FW800 in the 15" which is a bummer when there are a lot of external drives that support it, including one I own. But there are more eSATA drives coming out, and ExpressCard adapters are available now. Actually this is something I would also like to see on the mini and perhaps an ExpressCard socket as well to give it some expansion options.

If the new MBP's had been released by now I would have expected them to be just a chip swap exercise without any other changes. The delay makes me wonder whether there isn't something more interesting in the pipeline.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
pigwin32 said:
Yes agreed. I'm kinda interested in Apple's plans for external storage on the MBP's. Right now there's no FW800 in the 15" which is a bummer when there are a lot of external drives that support it, including one I own. But there are more eSATA drives coming out, and ExpressCard adapters are available now. Actually this is something I would also like to see on the mini and perhaps an ExpressCard socket as well to give it some expansion options.

If the new MBP's had been released by now I would have expected them to be just a chip swap exercise without any other changes. The delay makes me wonder whether there isn't something more interesting in the pipeline.

It is this sort of thinking that is going to set people up for maximum disappointment, what if it is truly just a chip swap? It is taking so long and delayed all these weeks... because they can? It is not like Apple has competition in their market, they are a monopoly in their own right.

Who knows for sure? There may have been a lot of old MBPs around and Apple might want to sell them off at full prices before releasing the revamped ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.