Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDulcimer

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
dornoforpyros said:
please stop...for the love of god make it stop...ok, we get it, everyone knows photoshop and can duplicate the screen to make it streatch across the iPod. I'm really find it sickening that everyone is grabbing for their 15 seconds of "could it be real?" fame.

I am sorry Mr. Donoforpyros. I did not realize anyone would get upset at my adding to the pool of ipod fakes. I will do my best next time to make it convince you its real so we don't have this happen again.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
TheDulcimer said:
I am sorry Mr. Donoforpyros. I did not realize anyone would get upset at my adding to the pool of ipod fakes. I will do my best next time to make it convince you its real so we don't have this happen again.

no no, it's ok. The reason I'm so up tight about this is...well. I've got go the new iPod and I thought I was the only one:

Attachments

• fake_iPod.jpg
    fake_iPod.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 19,083

socamx

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2004
the pale blue dot
All this iPod AV/Video/whatever stuff is getting old. Maybe if people stop responding to all these pictures, then maybe the people will stop making so many fakes?

Talk about beating a horse to death...

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
108722216_5a5603b09a_o.jpg

This one is defietely fake. I did a mockup weeks ago (see my first posts on macrumors) and the screen content was stolen from my pic! Anyway, it was stolen by 4 mockups I've seen so far.

ValdeX

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2006
Caracas, Venezuela.
MrCrowbar said:
This one is defietely fake.

Hahahaha, of course is fake, I know because I did it.

MrCrowbar said:
...the screen content was stolen from my pic! Anyway, it was stolen by 4 mockups I've seen so far.

Stolen content??? hahahaha, so sue me!!! ...first, the images that I used are from the original iPod Video photos from the apple.com website, not yours.

I made this to demostrate how easy is make a "realistic" image, because I think that all are fakes!!!

TheDulcimer

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
dornoforpyros said:
no no, it's ok. The reason I'm so up tight about this is...well. I've got go the new iPod and I thought I was the only one:

You know, theres a real market for these photos, maybe we should make some kind of website where people pay us to show them all the ipods they want to see.

And and people could make requests for what they want in the next version, and magically it would be online within the hour! We could already have the leaked photos of the 24th gen ipod people!

-The Dulcimer-

(in case you didn't already know, Dulcimer is the codename of the first ipod)

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
TheDulcimer said:
You know, theres a real market for these photos, maybe we should make some kind of website where people pay us to show them all the ipods they want to see.

And and people could make requests for what they want in the next version, and magically it would be online within the hour! We could already have the leaked photos of the 24th gen ipod people!

-The Dulcimer-

(in case you didn't already know, Dulcimer is the codename of the first ipod)

that's actually not a bad idea, I don't know if people would pay but we could run google ads. We could call it iLeakedPics.com

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
That looks incredibly real, but I guess it would be easier to photoshop since there isn't much there besides metal and engravings. Still, it looks so real. Anyone agree/disagree?

DavidCar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
ValdeX said:

I made this to demostrate how easy is make a "realistic" image, because I think that all are fakes!!!

I've not checked this thread for a while so I'm not up on the current discussion, but I don't think your image has the same complexity as the original three images, with the reflections, etc. So I suppose that makes this a discussion about irreducible complexity, that an image is so complex that it cannot be created by doing simple photoshop manipulations.

TheDulcimer

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
CoMpX said:
That looks incredibly real, but I guess it would be easier to photoshop since there isn't much there besides metal and engravings. Still, it looks so real. Anyone agree/disagree?

I don't know much about how apple does Model #'s and Serial #'s, but that one has the exact same area of numbers to my 5th Gen. i could be wrong but i think apple might change things up a little if it were a new product.

-The Dulcimer-

ValdeX

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2006
Caracas, Venezuela.
DavidCar said:
I've not checked this thread for a while so I'm not up on the current discussion, but I don't think your image has the same complexity as the original three images, with the reflections, etc. So I suppose that makes this a discussion about irreducible complexity, that an image is so complex that it cannot be created by doing simple photoshop manipulations.

Yeah, I know that, but my image was done in 12 1/2 minutes, just imagine somebody with advanced PS abilities can do with more free time...

ToastMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2005
Tacoma, WA
CoMpX said:

That pic would not be hard at all to make. I'm not very photo-editing proficient, but I estimate very little challenge in modifying a few letters on a pic of the back of a 40gig.

HarrySlone

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2006
Colorado
With all these pictures and vidos coming out and all of them being so similar , I think something like this has got to be coming, and if apple haddent planed on it, they have to have seen all the interest in this type of ipod.

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
no flash reflection on towel???

Xidius said:
Apparently you guys are too lazy to click a link. :p Here's what appears to be the 5th image in this collection:

click = full size

http://www.macshrine.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=81&c=6

- Xidius

unless there is some alien light absorbing force I've never seen a towel absord a camera flash that close to it. the metal backing shows the flash of the camera but someone forgot to include the effect into the background. the towel shows no light from the flash

its a so much a fake....

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
flir67 said:
unless there is some alien light absorbing force I've never seen a towel absord a camera flash that close to it. the metal backing shows the flash of the camera but someone forgot to include the effect into the background. the towel shows no light from the flash

its a so much a fake....

no, that's the real part. i think that semidisk of darkness on the bottom could just be the lens getting in the way of the flash (on a dSLR)

my $0.02

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.