Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Does this mean you're going to start your project when you paint your car? What exactly are you going to do? I'm just not following.

Cross

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Tucson, AZ
I have the motor out of my car right now and have been modding it to lol (New custom cams, sts, painting, cleaning, battery relocation, etc) But before the motor went it was being sanded to be painted.

I was going for this weekend if I can get the motor in and the weather permits. If so I will paint this at the same time and have him spray clear coat on it. It takes some time to dry completely but I think it will work just fine. Or I will just change the color of the apple to a black glow and work on finding a G4 14" Cover.

Anyway I decided to take a shot of my keys:
im000936wd9.jpg

I think its about to become an black accent for now and then when I get the other top I will do a White Apple with the Black and it should look awesome.

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
Wow, the black keys look awesome. If you can't get the tibook keys to fit completely you should try removing the ibook keys and spray painting them.

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
I am in the middle of a modding project with an old G3 ibook. I'll post pics when it's done, it is going to be pretty rad (and possibly portable, though I had to cut the battery and optical drives out of the frame to fit it in the casing). It's been stalled for a few months due to work, but it should be completed within a month.

Cross

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Well I got board after working on the car all day and all the custom things I did I had to come do something to the iBook... still no cover found I need to look on eBay again.

Anyway I removed the cover again (One screw is now going to have to be removed for the last time the next time I do this so I know I am getting some new screws.... oh well) and put a purple cover I took off a folder I have behind the apple.

Heres some pics (uploading give it just a sec)

What do ya think?
IM000980.jpg

IM000982.jpg

IM000983.jpg

IM000984.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.