Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac-Over

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
I am a newbie here and have been following this thread since I ordered on Dec 21,2012. Finally decided to get a computer make over(Mac over) and move from PC to MAC. But this wait is driving me crazy. I hope it will be worth the wait:cool:

myc6toy

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Just checked (for the 20+ time today) and its "Preparing for Shipment" Yee Haa :D :D :D !!

Ordered Dec 9

i5 2.9 16GB, 3TB Fusion

FSUstage

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Ordered a 27 on the 23rd. Getting my first Mac since 2000. Can't wait until my shipping stops saying January

alexanderwhite

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Stoked to finally say I am no longer in the processing limbo!

"Preparing for Shipment" as of Tues 8, 6:37 PM, Ordered on 12/13

3.4 i7, 8 gb ram, 1tb fusion, 675mx

chevpowr

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Stoked to finally say I am no longer in the processing limbo!

"Preparing for Shipment" as of Tues 8, 6:37 PM, Ordered on 12/13

3.4 i7, 8 gb ram, 1tb fusion, 675mx

In Theory,
Mine will be preparing for shipment in 15 days since I ordered on 12/28.

Let the countdown begin

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Here's a view showing a nice increase in units shipped per week (per the spreadsheet). Today was relatively slow with only 5 shipped, but it's only Tuesday and this week (26 so far) should see as many shipped as last week unless they crawl the rest of the week.

WTF kinda data is this? Shipping according to who? If you're saying Apple has only shipped 2 dozen units a week you're smoking something you overpaid for, lol.

I'm assuming this is a graph of orders your company has placed and had fulfilled, or something????? Or numbers in tens of thousands.

chevpowr

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Hopefully sooner since apple production should be getting faster :D

I know right?!? Im gonna say preparing for shipment in 10 days :eek:

----------

WTF kinda data is this? Shipping according to who? If you're saying Apple has only shipped 2 dozen units a week you're smoking something you overpaid for, lol.

I'm assuming this is a graph of orders your company has placed and had fulfilled, or something????? Or numbers in tens of thousands.

Im guessing this is the orders shipped from the spreadsheet that this thread has filled out...:rolleyes:

Majh

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
PA, USA

It's based on a Google docs spreadsheet where people are updating as they place orders and as those orders prepare, ship, and deliver.

So no, it isn't every single order placed. But it gives a good idea of what order dates are currently shipping out.

chevpowr

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
It's based on a Google docs spreadsheet where people are updating as they place orders and as those orders prepare, ship, and deliver.

So no, it isn't every single order placed. But it gives a good idea of what order dates are currently shipping out.

I wonder what percentage we are of the total being ordered.... less than 1%?
What do you think?:confused:

apache1313

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Hey guys, been a silent observer in this forum. I am a web designer who has been on a pc for many years. I always wanted to buy a mac, but my pc worked fine and could not justify buying a new computer (mac)/programs. My computer died on me, and I was forced to purchase a new one. I ordered my new mac 12/22/12. Was in processing limbo. Read, and read in this forum. Called the local iMac store three times a day, because they do not say when the shipping times are. Today they had two 27" machines. I am ten minutes away from the store. When I arrived one was already purchased. I got the second one. Thank god, because now I can go back to work and pay for it lol. Anyway point is, Keep calling the stores while in limbo…I understand the frustration!!!!!!

sealed579

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
After 33 long days, my order is now preparing for shipment!!!! :D

I paid for 2-3 day shipping, but live in MO, USA. If it ships tomorrow but doesn't get here Friday, is there a possibility FedEx (or UPS) will deliver it Saturday, or will I have to wait until Monday?

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
guys got a question for any of you who have already gone throught the delivery process or can just explain this in general, just checked my tracking and it says it was in china, went to alaska, and now if im reading it correctly, seems to be going back to china? Im in ny..does this make sense to anyone or should i call fedex tomoro and see whats up,

Well I just called and they said its fine and its just a system scanning error.....well see :mad:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-08 at 10.52.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-08 at 10.52.26 PM.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

AnthonyCM

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
Born in the USA (?)

It appears as if I may have a "rare" made in USA iMac. It was preparing for shipment until today. It just turned to shipped, and it's originating from San Jose.

I will say I ordered a 21". Are other 21" macs from the US, or are most of them also being constructed in China?

Either way, I'm looking forward to receiving my new machine in the morning (please, please be on time!).

-anthony

Last edited:

fossen

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
It's a short-lived addiction, magically cured upon the arrival of the very package you're tracking.
Seriously - what am I going to do with all this extra time now I'm not refreshing Order Status or FedEx incessantly? Read War & Peace or something? :)

Majh

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
PA, USA
I wonder what percentage we are of the total being ordered.... less than 1%?
What do you think?:confused:

Well if you assume Apples prediction of over a 400% increase in desktop sales due to the new releases, it could very well be right around that 1% mark. I'd say somewhere between 1-5% is probably accurate. But having a wide array of orders from around the world should still give a decent rough prediction of where they are on orders.

guys got a question for any of you who have already gone throught the delivery process or can just explain this in general, just checked my tracking and it says it was in china, went to alaska, and now if im reading it correctly, seems to be going back to china? Im in ny..does this make sense to anyone or should i call fedex tomoro and see whats up,

It's the timezone difference. It left FedEX in Anchorage as you can see at the very top: "In Transit - Departed FedEX Location - Anchorage, AK"

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California

At cursory glance it looks bizarre. Try setting the tracking page "Select time zone:" to "Local Scan Time" time/date as Anchorage is on the other side of the International date line.

I'm looking at the "In transit" scan time in Shanghai.

When my iMac shipped, it left Shanghai @ 10:54PM local time Dec 12, was on flight #FDX90 straight through to Memphis, arriving at 10:07PM local time Dec 12.

There is always a chance that the paperwork on your iMac made the trip to Anchorage, or at least, made the trip in a computer. Meanwhile, your iMac was physically still at the FedEx Pudong Airport facility.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
Well if you assume Apples prediction of over a 400% increase in desktop sales due to the new releases, it could very well be right around that 1% mark. I'd say somewhere between 1-5% is probably accurate. But having a wide array of orders from around the world should still give a decent rough prediction of where they are on orders.

It's the timezone difference. It left FedEX in Anchorage as you can see at the very top: "In Transit - Departed FedEX Location - Anchorage, AK"

yea i saw that part where its departed from but it says china on the last two updates? ok well i hope your right bud, thanks

----------

At cursory glance it looks bizarre. Try setting the tracking page "Select time zone:" to "Local Scan Time" time/date as Anchorage is on the other side of the International date line.

When my iMac shipped, it left Shanghai @ 10:54PM local time Dec 12, was on flight #FDX90 straight through to Memphis, arriving at 10:07PM local time Dec 12.

There is always a chance that the paperwork on your iMac made the trip to Anchorage, or at least, made the trip in a computer. Meanwhile, your iMac was physically still at the FedEx Pudong Airport facility.

i just changed it to origin, no change...just spoke with fed ex and he assured me that its fine and just a scanning error...not sure how he can tell that though, not sure i believe that either

ihaveneverknown

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
Here's a view showing a nice increase in units shipped per week (per the spreadsheet). Today was relatively slow with only 5 shipped, but it's only Tuesday and this week (26 so far) should see as many shipped as last week unless they crawl the rest of the week.

Might I suggest graphing this against the number of additions to the spreadsheet by day. Otherwise it's doesn't really convey accurate information.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012

i meant local scan and date....yea nothing

rjmCreative

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
Any idea why mine went to Japan first?

All of the other BTO 27" have came straight from Shanghai to USA

shipment.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.