Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheWaveable

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2013
Norway
Hi,

Enjoying the DP1 of 10.10. But have a few problems. Lync.app starts, but hangs at login. Checked Console, and the warning it gives me is:

"The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.0 instead of 10.10.0. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.
Call location"

Anyone have the same problem? Or better, a solution?
btw, it seems to have taken down Royal TSX as well...

jmp51483

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Hi,

Enjoying the DP1 of 10.10. But have a few problems. Lync.app starts, but hangs at login. Checked Console, and the warning it gives me is:

"The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.0 instead of 10.10.0. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.
Call location"

Anyone have the same problem? Or better, a solution?
btw, it seems to have taken down Royal TSX as well...

I don't have the exact same problem, however I can confirm that it does not work properly. It loads just fine, connects to server, populates the contact list and then immediately shuts back down. I placed it on my production machine adn everything was working just fine with the exception of this area... Had to revert because I rely on Lync fairly heavily.

Thanks!

Ntpro

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
10.10 Broke My Lync Too

Same here. Loads up for about 2 secs and then crashes back to the login pane. Ive tried it all to no avail.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
It's a beta that has been out less than 24 hours. Of course it broke things. Or rather things aren't yet updated to work with it.

This is why only the foolish look at such previews on their live volume. You shouldn't expect anything but the native apps to work at this point.

Ntpro

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Wouldn't expect anything less either. However, no harm in talking about it and perhaps finding a solution or workaround.

horsebattery

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
It's a beta that has been out less than 24 hours. Of course it broke things. Or rather things aren't yet updated to work with it.

This is why only the foolish look at such previews on their live volume. You shouldn't expect anything but the native apps to work at this point.

This is useful information not only for other beta users, but also for developers to know so that the bugs can be squashed. As a Lync user, this is very nice to know so that I know to hold off on it.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with that condescending post?

ougrad1764

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
Agreed. Good to know what's breaking at this point. Not that I'm surprised in the least with a DP, of course :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can confirm the same issue. Running Microsoft Lync 14.0.8 (130321).

The service might not be available, or you might not be connected to the Internet. Make sure the server is available. Also, make sure your network connection cable is securely connected.

FWIW, here's a MS sign-in troubleshooting guide I found. Tried the suggestions just to see what might work. No luck.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2629861#SignIn

Oh well. All part of the process. No real harm done since I can restore from a TimeCapsule backup this evening. Also having troubles with iCloud Keychain not signing in (just spins in System Preferences).

Ntpro

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Curious on the keychain issue as I have a machine cert in my keychain that we use to authenticate to wireless and that doesn't work anymore either ....

I didn't know you could restore the whole system from a time machine backup! I may have to take that route as well.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
We haven't migrated to Lync yet and are still on Communicator. Since the upgrade my Communicator starts but anyone I message gets a blank message from me and can't respond back.

sbursik

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Richardson TX
Same thing here. On 2 different Macs (Air and Pro) Lync starts and it it does get to the load screen, its only for a second then goes back to the login screen.

wranglerdriver

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
I have the same problem. As soon as I log into Lync it logs back out.

I also tried Adium and the SIPEAdiium plugin, and it does not work either.

LukasMacek

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2014
All HW configs issue

Just to confirm the issue appears on various HW configs, nothing found in logs. Let's wait for Microsoft Update to arrive, nothing much left to do :)

ssbarnea

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
UK
Apple has nothing to do with the poor quality of the Lync.app

Probably the best thign to do is to retweet about this
https://twitter.com/search?q=lync for mac&src=typd -- on twitter it hurts, here it doesn't ;)

Similar problems where with Java but Oracle was able to provide a new build of the JVM in less than 48 hours (even if you need to google to find the right build).

Also Cisco AnyConnect is broken, probably for similar reasons.

Unless someone knows a workaround or can post a link to a patched version please to do not reply, we all hate messages like "me too!" ;)

hayeschr56

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2014
FWIW; until microsoft releases a patch for Lync, you may be able to use Communicator depending on what Lync server version your institution is running.

I know it is painful, but it works where I am. I get the same problem with Lync (after upgrading to 10.10), It logs in and then immediately back out.

pcryan5

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
did 10.10 break Lync

I have to run Windows version under a VM. Not great nor that big a deal.

BUT - after reading this forum i downloaded and installed clean install of 14.0.8 140321 and it works.
First time since the beta rolled out.

Will it keep working - who knows?

Last edited:

c1phr

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
I have to run Windows version under a VM. Not great nor that big a deal.

BUT - after reading this forum i downloaded and installed clean install of 14.0.8 140321 and it works.
First time since the beta rolled out.

Will it keep working - who knows?

Please report back on this, I'm really interested. I've settled for using Lync on my iPad for the time being when I need voice support (I do everything else over remote desktop anyway).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.