Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcryan5

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
2 hr later

well 2 hours later it is still working - thats 1 hour and 59.5 minutes longer then before.

Jeevster

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2011
I have to run Windows version under a VM. Not great nor that big a deal.

BUT - after reading this forum i downloaded and installed clean install of 14.0.8 140321 and it works.
First time since the beta rolled out.

Will it keep working - who knows?

Do you have the URL for the download?

sbursik

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Richardson TX
I've tried to upgrade to .8 and then did a clean install of .8 and still it doesn't work. I stopped by the Lync booth at the HP Discover conference in Vegas this week and they had no clue as to the issue but did mention that the new version of Office for Mac was in beta so who knows.

LukasMacek

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2014
Office 2011 SP3- No Change :(

Yesterday I got Office updated with SP3 and still no change, Lync logs in and logs out deliberately right away. Shame it's been a month or so and no fix from Microsoft yet.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Yesterday I got Office updated with SP3 and still no change, Lync logs in and logs out deliberately right away. Shame it's been a month or so and no fix from Microsoft yet.

Probably won't be addressed by Microsoft until closer to the release of Yosemite. No point releasing a fix for an OS that is in flux.

sbursik

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Richardson TX
Was really hoping that this release would correct it, but I have a feeling the fault is hidden inside of Lync with some OS version checking. I think the fix will have to come from MS.

gopherhockey

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Broken here as well. This will be a huge issue come fall when Yosemite is out and Microsoft hasn't even took a look at it. What did it take, 8 months or more for them to make Lync 2011 compatible with Mavericks?

Companies have to get better at testing these integrations. Thats what beta is for. They should have a working solution prior to release, not start looking at it after. I will be asking our TAM to look into this - its possible they have so many resources on Office 365 for Mac that they aren't paying much attention to this old stuff.

Incidentally, Lync 14.0.8 and 14.0.9 also broke the ability of our presence to follow calendar information, which is a huge requirement.. MS knows about that issue.

Jeevster

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2011
Broken here as well. This will be a huge issue come fall when Yosemite is out and Microsoft hasn't even took a look at it. What did it take, 8 months or more for them to make Lync 2011 compatible with Mavericks?

Companies have to get better at testing these integrations. Thats what beta is for. They should have a working solution prior to release, not start looking at it after. I will be asking our TAM to look into this - its possible they have so many resources on Office 365 for Mac that they aren't paying much attention to this old stuff.

Incidentally, Lync 14.0.8 and 14.0.9 also broke the ability of our presence to follow calendar information, which is a huge requirement.. MS knows about that issue.

But for Mavericks at least Lync was working... I am sure MS will be looking at this, but won't publish a fix until 10.10 is released, and then you have to remember MS are supposedly working on a new version of office for Mac, so that may also be taken into account...

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Did you have to reinstall Lync or did it just start working? I'm still having issues with 14.0.9 connecting. Thanks.

gerwitz

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2007
Amsterdam
Still not connecting for me, either. Have tried reinstalling and clearing all ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.* and and ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/* files … have I missed some lingering Lync footprint?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.