Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I have ATT + direct TV bundled. I am trying to login to the TV Provider page for direct tv but keep getting this error:
We are sorry, but you are not authorized to access this web site. Please verify you are authorized and re-enter your User ID and Password.

Any else with bundled accounts able to sign in? This is of course on the newest developer beta. If I use an invalid username and password, it gives a different error so it is authenticating but then just saying I am not authorized.

Who do I need to contact to fix this?

This is for Directv and not directv now. The tv provider page I am referring to is the one at settings->accounts->tv provider sign

Last edited:

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I have ATT + direct TV bundled. I am trying to login to the TV Provider page for direct tv but keep getting this error:
We are sorry, but you are not authorized to access this web site. Please verify you are authorized and re-enter your User ID and Password.

Any else with bundled accounts able to sign in? This is of course on the newest developer beta. If I use an invalid username and password, it gives a different error so it is authenticating but then just saying I am not authorized.

You should make it clear if you are talking about DIRECTV vs. DIRECTV NOW since they are completely separate. You can not use the userid/password from one with the other. Also, when authenticating apps you must use the correct one. With DIRECTV (not the DIRECTV NOW) there are many more Apps available.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You should make it clear if you are talking about DIRECTV vs. DIRECTV NOW since they are completely separate. You can not use the userid/password from one with the other. Also, when authenticating apps you must use the correct one. With DIRECTV (not the DIRECTV NOW) there are many more Apps available.
I've been telling a lot of people about DirecTV Now as I really like the service so far and you can lock in the lower rate and free Apple TV. But there are so many people that are confused about the branding and just think that they can access it with their existing DirecTV accounts. The branding is really confusing, and I can't blame them.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I've been telling a lot of people about DirecTV Now as I really like the service so far and you can lock in the lower rate and free Apple TV. But there are so many people that are confused about the branding and just think that they can access it with their existing DirecTV accounts. The branding is really confusing, and I can't blame them.
I agree. AT&T can do a better job. But those with high speed internet should really look at this offer now (like you are recommending). I think AT&T made it pretty clear this is their future. Just a matter of time before most if not all DIRECTV Customers will switch to this (or something like it from others) but maybe at a higher price point.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I'm talking about Directv, not directv now. This is about the Single Sign-on by going to settings->accounts->tv provider.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I'm talking about Directv, not directv now. This is about the Single Sign-on by going to settings->accounts->tv provider.
The SSO is currently for DIRECTV and not DIRECTV NOW as you know. However, it is BETA at the moment so maybe still some issues. I am pretty sure others have reported it worked but I can not confirm. You may want to search the forum. I happen to have a DIRECTV login for Sunday Ticket and can login but of course it does not authenticate anything since I only have Sunday Ticket. I also have DIRECTV Now so really hope it is added soon.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Not much I can really do until it is out of beta. Direct TV support doesn't know anything about it yet.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Same issue here. Logging into individual apps works fine, but I get that same error message on my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
It is out of beta and live as I can log onto SSO through DTV. However so far it isn't working as it should. I still have to log on through individual apps. ATV 4, ipad and iPhone.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
It is out of beta and live as I can log onto SSO through DTV. However so far it isn't working as it should. I still have to log on through individual apps. ATV 4, ipad and iPhone.
You may wan to read this page.

DIRECTV Now currently does not support SSO. You may see DIRECTV but that is the regular SAT TV SERVICE.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...oes-live-with-support-from-9-pay-tv-providers

Apple notes third-party app support from the following titles:

• A&E (iOS only)
  • Bravo Now (tvOS only)
  • E! Now (tvOS only)
  • Hallmark Channel Everywhere (iOS and tvOS)
  • History (iOS only)
  • Lifetime (iOS only)
  • NBC (tvOS only)
  • Syfy Now (tvOS only)
  • Telemundo Now (tvOS only)
  • USA NOW (tvOS only)
  • Watch HGTV (iOS and tvOS)
  • Watch Food Network (iOS and tvOS)
  • Watch Cooking Channel (iOS and tvOS)
  • Watch DIY (iOS and tvOS)
  • Watch Travel Channel (iOS and tvOS)

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
You may wan to read this page.

DIRECTV Now currently does not support SSO. You may see DIRECTV but that is the regular SAT TV SERVICE.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...oes-live-with-support-from-9-pay-tv-providers

Apple notes third-party app support from the following titles:

• A&E (iOS only)
  • Bravo Now (tvOS only)
  • E! Now (tvOS only)
  • Hallmark Channel Everywhere (iOS and tvOS)
  • History (iOS only)
  • Lifetime (iOS only)
  • NBC (tvOS only)
  • Syfy Now (tvOS only)
  • Telemundo Now (tvOS only)
  • USA NOW (tvOS only)
  • Watch HGTV (iOS and tvOS)
  • Watch Food Network (iOS and tvOS)
  • Watch Cooking Channel (iOS and tvOS)
  • Watch DIY (iOS and tvOS)
  • Watch Travel Channel (iOS and tvOS)

I understand and I do subscribe to the full DTV and not as DTV Now. I just assumed all or most apps would work. Of course none of the ones I watch will work. :oops:

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Same issue here. Logging into individual apps works fine, but I get that same error message on my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
If you find a fix, please let me know. So far I am at a deadend as no direct tv tech support people understand what I am talking about. They think i'm just trying to setup the app.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
If you find a fix, please let me know. So far I am at a deadend as no direct tv tech support people understand what I am talking about. They think i'm just trying to setup the app.
I read on other forums that the DIRECTV Login is the main AT&T Account Login if that helps. I do not have it so can not test. But it appears some people have it working.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I'm using the main ATT login to try and set it up, so appears to be an account issue. I opened a thread on the main direct tv support forums. Hopefully someone from direct tv will chime in.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I understand and I do subscribe to the full DTV and not as DTV Now. I just assumed all or most apps would work. Of course none of the ones I watch will work. :oops:

Not yet, because the apps have to be updated to support the feature.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Please stay on topic, this isn't about whats apps work or do not. This is about the inability to login with the correct credentials.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013

It works for me. I like you have the Att/Directv bundle. Before that I was a regular ATT cellular customer. When i bundled the service, they had to give me a new user ID and Password. Call ATT and ask for the bundled billing dept and explain to them that your credentials are not working.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Whenever I call, they say okay we will reset and resync your accounts. Does nothing. They don't understand what it is we are trying to do. They have no idea what the tv provider/single sign on is.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Whenever I call, they say okay we will reset and resync your accounts. Does nothing. They don't understand what it is we are trying to do. They have no idea what the tv provider/single sign on is.

Go to an AT&T corporate store and have them do it.

sznaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
For those that also have this issue, please post on this thread on the official direct tv forums.
HERE

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Here is the fix, I found it at the link above.

Log in to your att account. Change your access ID from the att.net address they gave you. Then back out of att. Then go to TV Provider in settings and enter your new ID and same password. You'll be in.

tmcdo

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2018
Sacramento

This is for Directv and not directv now. The tv provider page I am referring to is the one at settings->accounts->tv provider sign
[doublepost=1515648269][/doublepost]Hi there, did you ever receive or find a solution to your problem with logging in on the Directv app? I’m having the same problem and Directv was no help. Thank you!

lpyoung

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2018
[doublepost=1515648269][/doublepost]Hi there, did you ever receive or find a solution to your problem with logging in on the Directv app? I’m having the same problem and Directv was no help. Thank you!
I found a solution to this problem. AT&T allows you to change your access ID to whatevery you want it to be. I changed mine to the email address I used for DirecTV. Now when the TV provider login screen asks me for an email address and password, I enter the email address I use for my AT&T access ID and AT&T access password and everything works great.

Reactions: KaliaHaze

KaliaHaze

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2016
I found a solution to this problem. AT&T allows you to change your access ID to whatevery you want it to be. I changed mine to the email address I used for DirecTV. Now when the TV provider login screen asks me for an email address and password, I enter the email address I use for my AT&T access ID and AT&T access password and everything works great.

After hours talking to incompetent tech support from both sides, thank you. ****ing thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.