Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AF_APPLETALK

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2020
My 15 Pro Max has been fine. Even better since 17.0.3.

Siri also doesn’t work. It spins and thinks and then shuts down. No amount of rebooting the phone will cause it to work.

I don't use Siri on my iPhone, but this behavior seems very similar to what's been going on with my HomePod mini lately.

Reactions: klasma

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
I’ve made several calls on my 15 PM over the last 2 days. I can’t believe it hasn’t blown up next to my face.

IMG_4152.jpeg

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Absolutely do not spend $1000+ on the 15 pro max. It has a bug that causes making a phone call practically impossible. You have to reboot the phone and you can make maybe one call before it freezes up.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure we will hear more about it, but as the others have said... a newbie posting the "sky is falling" in all caps is a pretty big red flag to the community.

I have not had any issues with any of the iPhone Pro 15s I have. Of course, I have not made or received a single call with any of them. I live asynchronously.

ToiddMedia

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2019
Absolutely do not spend $1000+ on the 15 pro max. It has a bug that causes making a phone call practically impossible. You have to reboot the phone and you can make maybe one call before it freezes up.

Siri also doesn’t work. It spins and thinks and then shuts down. No amount of rebooting the phone will cause it to work.

Reinstalling the os does nothing. Wiping the phone and doing a fresh install does nothing. The newest update 17.0.3 does not fix the problem.

I have a case with apple. It’s in the hands of the engineers. So far….nothing.

i Don’t know if this happens with other models of the 15 but I know at least 5 other people who are having this problem with the pro max.

DO. NOT. BUY.

It’s a $1000 paperweight.
Sorry to hear that though, but I and my family don’t have this issues, we are more than 10, all iPhon users. Never had, I hope Apple as it is fixes this issue for you and co. Unlike Apple I will say. Why not remove some of your third party apps and try a hard reset…, goo luck.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I can tell you aren't a software engineer of any kind.

Half my day is spent trying to replicate issues that a tiny fraction of people experience in the system I work on.
I can tell you are a passionate software engineer.
Half my day is spent sending emails stating that I cannot replicate the issue. :)
I'm joking... I do not reply to issues.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011

Reinstalling the os does nothing. Wiping the phone and doing a fresh install does nothing. The newest update 17.0.3 does not fix the problem.

I have a case with apple. It’s in the hands of the engineers. So far….nothing.

i Don’t know if this happens with other models of the 15 but I know at least 5 other people who are having this problem with the pro max.

DO. NOT. BUY.

What country? What carrier? Which iOS version? What exactly is happening? Your problem description wasn’t very… descriptive.

I have the 15 Pro on iOS 17.1 beta 2, and I’ve made numerous calls today with no issues. Verizon in U.S. Let’s nail this down and try to figure it out.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

DO. NOT. BUY.

Before making sensationalist claims like this, you may want to learn whether this is happening to all users, or just you. It is irresponsible to advise others not to make a purchase, only based on one anecdotal incident. Like millions of other users, I've made dozens of phone calls, perhaps over 100 in the short time I've had mine, and never experienced any of the problems you describe.

It is not a paperweight! Think before you post!

ibuyufo

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
Had mine since launch. I get like 50% battery usage because of no cell coverage. The iphone 15 pro max seems to have a harder time keeping signal in a poor T-Mobile area compared to my S23 Ultra. In good reception areas it works without any problem.

Reactions: Tegusis and Wheel_D

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
What country? What carrier? Which iOS version? What exactly is happening? Your problem description wasn’t very… descriptive.

I have the 15 Pro on iOS 17.1 beta 2, and I’ve made numerous calls today with no issues. Verizon in U.S. Let’s nail this down and try to figure it out.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say they won't engage with you on any troubleshooting. As posted above, the odds of what they claim being true, especially when there are no other reports of this issue on here / elsewhere online are miniscule. We see this every year: new phone comes out, newbies appear, post wild claims with no evidence, disappear. Same old same old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.