Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJoe

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2004
Nottingham
I see a few in Coffee shops around Nottingham, just yesterday I saw a guy in a Waterstone's using a 12" PB.

When I was on the train once, this guy sat down with his chunky Dell laptop, which took a good 5 minutes to boot up... Then, a couple of minutes later this other 'fashionably late' guy polls up, sits opposite him, looking as though he just dropped out of an Apple commercial, turns his PB on, and is on the internet before the other guy's desktop has loaded.

Dell guy takes one look at the PB and quietly packs his Dell away. Not after an "Is not responding' message, though! :D Aww, bless.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
I have met two mac users in the 'wild'. One was at the Paris airport and he was sitting quite far across the lounge and had a pb. But still I went upto him and said 'nice machine' and asked how much ram he had :cool: ..
other one used to come to a coffee shop I frequented. And he had a really cool bag for his 12" pb. So i actually had a reason to chat.

cheers

oingoboingo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
Sydney, Australia
_pb_boi said:
I was sitting in a coffee shop just around the corner from the store, and I took my Powerbook out, and a woman started talking to me. I let her hold it and all, she was well pleased, lol. Mine was the 12 inch model, and she was just remarking how small it was compared to her own previous gen 17 inch pb.

I can't wipe the demented grin from my face.

"I let her hold my 12-inch model". Please. :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Yes, I met a Mac user at a coffee shop about a month ago. He was using a 17" PowerBook. Found out that he graduated from MIT. He has a business doing IT work and assisting customers set up networks. He works for individuals and businesses.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've never seen another dual processor PowerMac user sitting anywhere to start a conversation. In fact, it's quite uncomfortable carrying around all the equipment. However, I've been thinking about getting a desk with wheels to make things easier. :D

I talk about computers to many people but I rarely meet Mac users. I think most are afraid to say anything around Orlandoh. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.