Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
They suckkkk!

The process of confirming the order is a joke. I get a call at 7:30am from a representative trying to confirm my order. This representative is hard to understand, asks me for the information over and over. Then they ask for a previous address, then ANOTHER previous address, and finally tells me they are going to call my credit card company. I was about 2 seconds from canceling my order. Amazon.com, buy.com, all of those have much better systems and means of handling secure transactions then MacMall. This is terrible.

what a freaking joke. I finally canceled my order after they told me I need to call my credit card company and give them the cellphone number I was calling from. So aggravated

:mad:!

soms

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2007
Seattle
The process of confirming the order is a joke. I get a call at 7:30am from a representative trying to confirm my order. This representative is hard to understand, asks me for the information over and over. Then they ask for a previous address, then ANOTHER previous address, and finally tells me they are going to call my credit card company. I was about 2 seconds from canceling my order. Amazon.com, buy.com, all of those have much better systems and means of handling secure transactions then MacMall. This is terrible.

what a freaking joke. I finally canceled my order after they told me I need to call my credit card company and give them the cellphone number I was calling from. So aggravated

:mad:!
They're just being cautious and making sure they don't have someone with a stolen card on the line; wouldn't you want them to check an verify that you are in fact THE card holder?

I know their policy kind of stinks, but you have to get used to verifying EVERYTHING before you make an order over $50 on the internet. I ALWAYS double check to make sure I can make returns etc and see what the stores policy is on defective merchandise. Cavet Emptor.

JustMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
that's totally fine. however, there should be a better process for the whole situation. The quality of this service lacks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.