Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

genetic

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
anyone happen to have a phone with a white back and a light grey front / black bottom? i know, ridiculous question. im just curious what it looks like!!:D

phatbass30

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2010
my light gray top came in few days ago to match my old light gray back plate. match it with the black screws, equals awesomeness!

it looks very industrial!

mff123

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
my new combo!

Attachments

• DSC01640.JPG
    DSC01640.JPG
    580.9 KB · Views: 349

prenn

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
This case looks great but how is the drop protection with an aluminum case like this? thanks in advance

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
This case looks great but how is the drop protection with an aluminum case like this? thanks in advance

With the all aluminum version, I'm going to say that the drop protection is going to be pretty good. I haven't done a drop test with the all aluminum e13ctron yet, but it is very similar in construction to the Fusionwerkz Raw (about the same thickness at the corners, where most drop impacts occur..plus the added benefit of clamping to the antenna band instead of the glass like the Raw), and I did a drop test onto a tile floor with that case (you did ask about drop protection "with an aluminum case LIKE this"..and this one is an aluminum sandwich-style case similar in constuction :D ). Here is a video of that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI23WhE1baQ

As far as the e13ctron hybrid goes, I'm going to say that based on construction, it's going to be similar in drop protection to the all aluminum version. One thing this hybrid has going for it is that all the way around the phone, the plastic/composite half is always mated to it's aluminum mirror image, giving it added strength over an all plastic/composite outer layer. For example, look at my pictures of the edges of the aluminum/plastic e13ctron. You'll see that if you were to drop it on an edge or corner (where most drops end up hitting), that half the edge is aluminum, and half is plastic. Meaning that the harder material (the aluminum) should provide almost as much protection as the full aluminum (front and back) case. As opposed to an all composite corner/edge that might take the impact, but would likely break if the drop was significant (there has been a report of another company's hybrid cracking in a drop, but that design has 2 corners where there is nothing but composite/plastic material). Plus, with either e13ctron (hybrid or all aluminum), the design suspends the phone in the center of the case in between the two plastic "gasket" looking spacers, and this suspension design should allow for pretty good shock absorption. I have no scientific data to back this up, but I would say that these style cases provide at least as much, if not more, drop protection than Apple's Bumper.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
i send a email to electron to change my colors parts lets see they change it :D

Last edited:

mff123

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
another combo!

Attachments

• 2011-01-19 16.48.14.jpg
    2011-01-19 16.48.14.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 2011-01-19 20.59.17.jpg
    2011-01-19 20.59.17.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 143

nnyymm

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2010
Singapore
Any idea how long it takes for orders to be processed?

I have been waiting for 2 working days and still no updates on my order. :eek:

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
I placed an order on sunday and i has not recived the delivery confirmation yet it take time to procces it or its only me?

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
That's odd because the turnaround on mine was very fast. Ordered late last Tuesday night and got a shipping email early the next day with updated tracking information that afternoon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.