Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
its ok just take a breath, this whole tread is full of people saying good things and no one has given electron money and never received anything. from what the guy said a few post ago the team was at sema auto show and they are a little backed up, it will ship soon.

Taking a breath. Oddly, after posting this, I received an email saying that they would have more blue parts in and would hopefully be able to ship next week. Thank you for your grounding advice. :)

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Well my girlfriend ordered me a case and I had no idea lol. She ordered me a hybrid black/dark grey. Anybody have a picture of that combo on a white iPhone?

Thanks.

Last edited:

dtjay7

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
N. CA
I have been very happy with their service and product. The case shipped within a couple of days. I think that is very good for a unique and well made case. They have been quick to email me back answers to my questions.

Last edited:

duellos

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2011
I have been very happy with their service and product. The case shipped within a couple of days. I think that is very good for a unique and well made case. They have been quick to email me back answers to my questions.

Really?! sigh... i've been waiting for like 2weeks and there isn't any updates. Going to start emailing now!! :confused:

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
I got my e13ctron S4V all aluminum (non-hybrid) case about a week ago and finally found enough time to post a few pictures of the minimal signal issues. I posted previously about the S4 not affecting my Verizon 4S signal significantly, but bought new S4V cases, so that the mute/vibrate switch cutouts were properly aligned.

Honestly, I believe the all aluminum cases work best for people who: 1) have AT&T AND live in a STRONG signal area or 2) have Verizon, who seems to have strong signal areas almost everywhere. I had the old e13ctron S4 (AT&T/GSM) case and used it in my area of southern California and areas overseas without deal-breaking signal loss or gps issues. I switched to Verizon with my iPhone 4S, as AT&T's signals actually got worse over the last two years to the point that I had to actually get an AT&T Microcell, just to make and receive calls while at home.

Here are a few photos of the iPhone completely naked (-94), then with only the back piece on (-90), then with the front piece on, but screws not installed (-92), then a shot with the full case with black screws fully installed (-95). The photos were taken within seconds to minutes of each other for comparative purposes.

The case works great for me, but again, your own experience will vary... most likely proportional to your physical location's signal strength and provider of choice!

dsc02745k.jpg

dsc02746pn.jpg

dsc02748a.jpg

dsc02751y.jpg

Last edited:

krait88

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
Was surprised to find out this company is located in the same town where I live. So I stopped by and picked up a case for my 4GS. The owner gave it to me for $50, so it seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

They had the white backs, but it seemed like they would get pretty dirty to me. I have a power support crystal on the front and back, and it works fine with those. All though I had the Wrapsol side protectors on, and the case wouldn't fit correctly so I had to remove them. Sorry for the quick pictures.

Hey yo, may i know what colour of screw u use? or for the ordering of hybrid casing, is a default colour for screws?

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Called E13ctron the other day and talked with Jacob and was told that all cases are shipped with both color screws.

Ordered mine on Friday and delivery is this Wednesday.:)

lw9090

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
Fast Shipping for me

I ordered on Friday the 11th. I asked on thier FB on Monday when would my order be shipped. They posted on FB to check my email. They shipped Monday USPS Priorty from California and is being delivered today in Ohio. I think that is fast since USPS was closed on Friday.

jerebytes

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2010
I ordered on Friday the 11th. I asked on thier FB on Monday when would my order be shipped. They posted on FB to check my email. They shipped Monday USPS Priorty from California and is being delivered today in Ohio. I think that is fast since USPS was closed on Friday.

Mine also shipped Monday and I am expecting it here in OK today. I ordered the dark grey hybrid on Sunday the 13th.

WonMan

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Hello,
I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I just got my order from E13ctron and will throw up some photos later. I ordered the Hybrid version and some extra top pieces. Matte Green, Matte Dark Gray, and Polished Clear.
I love this case. It does affect my signal but it is very minimal. I will post pics later of the Matte Green because I have not seen that color on this forum.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I received my Polished Red / Black hybrid case yesterday and I am really unhappy with it. First, while I did not do specific dB test, I can say that a normal cell signal went from 4-5 bars down to 1 on an iPhone 4s on AT&T. I experienced that drop both indoors and outdoors.

Both WiFi and BT signals were not affected.

Second, the volume buttons are extremely difficult to access and I can't see myself wanting to go thru that every day.

Third, the case does make the iPhone heavier and bulkier that what I was expecting.

I hope to send the case back to E13tron for a full refund.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I received my Polished Red / Black hybrid case yesterday and I am really unhappy with it. First, while I did not do specific dB test, I can say that a normal cell signal went from 4-5 bars down to 1 on an iPhone 4s on AT&T. I experienced that drop both indoors and outdoors.

Both WiFi and BT signals were not affected.

Second, the volume buttons are extremely difficult to access and I can't see myself wanting to go thru that every day.

Third, the case does make the iPhone heavier and bulkier that what I was expecting.

I hope to send the case back to E13tron for a full refund.

Wow that's pretty much exactly the opposite of what I thought of mine. To each his own though I guess.

jerebytes

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2010
Received my dark grey/black hybrid today. Loving this way more than the black ops knock off I got from china. The fit is perfect and the case doesn't seem to mess up signal. They sent both black and silver screws and it was in retail packaging. Overall I give it a 10/10. Couldn't have asked for better quality. It looks great with my lucky labs real carbon fiber back. Will be ordering more colors soon.

WonMan

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Here are a few shots of The Hybrid in Matte Green and Black. I also ordered the Matte Dark Gray and Polished Clear Aluminum tops. I think I might want to get rid of the Polished Clear Top. Let me know if anyone is interested. 3/_MG_9302.JPG
3/_MG_9303.JPG
3/_MG_9304.JPG
3/_MG_9306.JPG
3/_MG_9310.JPG

Attachments

• _MG_9302.JPG
    _MG_9302.JPG
    956 KB · Views: 103
  • _MG_9303.JPG
    _MG_9303.JPG
    949 KB · Views: 77
  • _MG_9304.JPG
    _MG_9304.JPG
    865.4 KB · Views: 68
  • _MG_9306.JPG
    _MG_9306.JPG
    954.6 KB · Views: 84
  • _MG_9310.JPG
    _MG_9310.JPG
    912.5 KB · Views: 81

duellos

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2011
Those are some really nice pics Wolfman.

This better be worth wait, as I've been waiting from the 31st till now. Since mines taking forever to even get posted and i live in AU cant imagine delivery speeds. Still no signs of posting of my CASE. Really really frustrated :mad:

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Are you guys buying authentic? or knock-offs.

Just got a Draco and it sort of kills signal, I'm now at 1-3 bars, but I love it.

This looks like a good sub if signal stays good.

duellos

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2011
Are you guys buying authentic? or knock-offs.

Just got a Draco and it sort of kills signal, I'm now at 1-3 bars, but I love it.

This looks like a good sub if signal stays good.

Authentic Here, i don't see another reason to go knock off for this case, since there many customization. And the price isnt too bad, when comparing to other aluminum cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.