Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Viremia

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I ordered the blue hybrid for my 4S. Got it last week. This is exactly what I was looking and hoping for. No scuffs. No machine marks. Clean and attractive bumper. And most importantly, no signal loss.

I got a compliment the other day on it too. With the SGP carbon fiber sticker on the back the phone looks outstanding and is as well protected as I wanted.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Why don't you send it back to e13ctron? As far as I know, they will gladly refund you if you're having reception issues. It'd be better than taking a beating selling it on eBay.

Here is an update...

I got my case and... SIGNAL degration -.- so much so that my battery drops 20% in like 30 minutes. I had a feeling this was going to happen as soon as I took the case out of it's package, it looks just like the sword case which also almost complete drops all signal reception.

So it seems it's a crap shoot, if you have your phone in an area that has strong signal ALL the time then I am sure you will not notice much but as soon as you move into an area that has low signal your phone will keep on trying to connect (or do something) and drain your batt down quickly (I have an iPhone 4S so might have something to do with the battery drain as well idk).

The only case so far that has not degrated signal is the vapor cases, and I am sure that is due to the fact that this case has slots on one side and the polymer bridge which does not make the case a full faraday cage.

Bummer!!! for the e13ctron is a nice looking case :(, Good luck to you future owners, putting my on fleabay.

safarime

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
Why don't you send it back to e13ctron? As far as I know, they will gladly refund you if you're having reception issues. It'd be better than taking a beating selling it on eBay.

Sorry wrong topic, I actually got a "knock off" (even though the words "knock off" is debatable since almost everything is manufactured in china now a day, but that's another topic) so yeah not going back to el3ctron, no big deal.

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Decided to order the e13ctron again after trying out the Vapor Pro, COMP, and BookBook. Should look nice with the black Trunket back piece. :D

phydiux

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2011
This is my first post here - I registered here to share my experience with my e13tron Hybrid Acetal Hybrid case:

I purchased this case directly from e13tron's website. Shipping took 7 days from the day I placed the order to the electronic shipping notification.

I chose the graphite/black plastic combination, which I think looks great. I think the case is well built. The fact that it's CNC'd Aluminum and Acetal plastic is a plus for me - it has a great look to it and feels solid.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the unlucky few who are experiencing reception issues with my case. I have an iPhone4S on AT&T service. While my signal strength only indicates a modest drop (checking out the signal db loss in the field test), I end up with a phone that is nearly unusable with the case on my phone. Calls don't come in, I am unable to check voicemail or receive voicemail notifications hours after they are left for me and my data connection speed drops severely or is entirely unavailable.

Checking my connection speed using the speedtest.net app, when the case is on the phone, even though the phone is showing 3 bars of service, the data test will stop completely. With the case off the phone, I have a reasonable connection. Is anyone else having these sorts of issues with their case?

Video of data speed test

Why don't you send it back to e13ctron? As far as I know, they will gladly refund you if you're having reception issues.

Yeah, It's been two weeks since I emailed the company through their customer service stuff on their web page to ask whether or not I can send this case back. I haven't received any response from them. How can I send it back when they won't reply to my customer support inquiries? If they're not servicing their customers through their own customer support options, then what options do I have? Just throw it in the mail and hope for a refund? Right.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Checking my connection speed using the speedtest.net app, when the case is on the phone, even though the phone is showing 3 bars of service, the data test will stop completely. With the case off the phone, I have a reasonable connection. Is anyone else having these sorts of issues with their case?

Yeah, It's been two weeks since I emailed the company through their customer service stuff on their web page to ask whether or not I can send this case back. I haven't received any response from them. How can I send it back when they won't reply to my customer support inquiries? If they're not servicing their customers through their own customer support options, then what options do I have? Just throw it in the mail and hope for a refund? Right.

WOW... I'm using the E13ctron hybrid with my AT&T 4S and I haven't had any issues with it at all. Maybe it's dependent on your location and the cell towers around you? No idea...

I would try to either contact them on their Facebook page or call them at 559-981-5269 ... they seem to respond more promptly at these two sources... best of luck

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD

Pick up the phone and call them. Most likely your email slipped through the cracks. Hell after 3 days you should have picked up the phone, let alone two weeks.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Ordered mine Dec 1st, got it shipped to Sweden to Dec 5th - amazingly fast!
Fits amazing on the iPhone 4S and looks great! Here are some photos(although not the *best* quality):

photodec09194743.jpg

photodec09194809.jpg

photodec09194819.jpg

photodec09194833.jpg

photodec09194840.jpg

photodec09194850.jpg

White iPhone 4S(with Power Support Anti-Glare HD Film but I doubt it's visible)
Chrome top piece
Black Acetal bottom piece
Ugly green desk

/ Extremely happy swedish customer!

Qetsdub

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2011
Pls help

1. So I own a iPhone 4s from sprint, will the Aluminum e13ctron s4v case for Verizon (CDMA) iphone 4 & iPhone 4s fits my sprint 4s?
2. I am planing to get a matte top & polished bottom. Will this mix works? If so am I suppose to buy every parts Separately?
3. Is there any difference between the replacement liner kit: inner plastic case liners versus the original clear one??

ijha

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009

how would you rate your new e13ctron compared to the vapor pro. Actually, currently my 4s is on the vapor pro. but also thinking of getting e13ctron hybrid.

rpsmithii

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2010
Denver, CO
Ordered a hybrid case on 12/30 - still not shipped yet. Some issue with the cnc machine. Confirmed order. Hope get shipped soon - running unprotected.

eba

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2007
Ordered a hybrid case on 12/30 - still not shipped yet. Some issue with the cnc machine. Confirmed order. Hope get shipped soon - running unprotected.

I had the same experience. Ordered on Jan 1 but it shipped yesterday.

eba

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2007
Finally received my case today, and I'm very impressed so far. It looks great (chrome/black) and no noticeable signal loss so far. I think the case nicely compliments the iPhone's look.

I've been going caseless (with a Saddleback pouch) and I've liked that. The phone actually fits into the Saddleback pouch with this case on (though the fit is far too tight for regular use). I may stretch the pouch out a bit and see if I can use both.

Happy so far.

ijha

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
Finally received my case today, and I'm very impressed so far. It looks great (chrome/black) and no noticeable signal loss so far. I think the case nicely compliments the iPhone's look.

I've been going caseless (with a Saddleback pouch) and I've liked that. The phone actually fits into the Saddleback pouch with this case on (though the fit is far too tight for regular use). I may stretch the pouch out a bit and see if I can use both.

Happy so far.

Eba, Can you post a picture of it? I'm interested in chrome/black combo. Thanks,

speedyfv

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2010
Picked up one of these a few weeks ago. Got it in all black, its a great case although I personally found it to be a little bulky, especially when in your pocket.

eba

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2007
Eba, Can you post a picture of it? I'm interested in chrome/black combo. Thanks,

I’d post photos but my e13ctron story has a sad (and mostly ridiculous) ending.

So I got the case and put it on my phone. As I said earlier, it looked great and I noticed no signal degradation to speak of (and I live in a very low signal area). The case is certainly more bulky than a naked phone, but not bad overall. All good.

Then I reached for the Mute button on the phone and discovered that the case partially covered it, rendering it inoperable. After much grumbling about the incompetence of e13ctron for making an ill-fitting case, I looked back at the e13ctron website and realized that I ordered the version for the 4 instead of the 4s. The menu on the site is a bit confusing, but I really can’t blame anyone but myself. I misread it.

So I go to remove the case to return it. And discover that a screw is stripped. So the only way to remove the case is to pry off the composite back piece. Easily done, but the back piece is now kaput.

So, in the end, I learned two valuable life lessons:

1. I’m an idiot. (Others have hinted as much in the past.)

2. I’m really not a case guy after all. While I liked the look of the e13ctron case, I realized once I got it off that I like the feel and size of the naked phone better. I’ve tried a couple of minimalist bumpers, but they seem pointless. And bigger cases just add more bulk. What I really want is something to protect the phone when it’s in my pocket or briefcase. When I have it out, using it, I’m not sure that any case small enough to suit me is really worth the effort. I’ll just take my chances. (I am, after all, an idiot.)

So, having wasted $70 on a now-broken case, I’m off looking at pouches. (I had the Saddleback Gadget Pouch with my old phone and liked it – and can still use it with this new phone. And I’m waiting on an Ikonicedge, which is a bit thinner. Should be here soon.)

Thanks for hearing my confession.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.