Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polzii

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Just ordered a knock-off vapor pro from the aliexpress site. $38 shipped from China. It'll be here in a few weeks so I'll put up some pics when I receive it.

Look forward to the pics, thanks.

I checked out the site, those look almost authentic, lol. Bet they will start showing up on ebay soon ;)

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
I have a pink and black for my wife and that case is PINK!!! I mean pink as hell and she loves it. I am using an all silver on mine I also had a orange and silver and it was also very good looking and it was very orange as well but I liked the silver better with my white phone. The only color I have not seen is the blue, but all the rest I think match the pictures very well. I honestly would be careful about buying knockoffs of this case! There is more than meets the eye with this one and I am sure that it won't work exactly like the real thing does. I could be wrong but I really doubt the quality is the same and I can almost bet the rest is not either. I am loving the black/silver and all black. My son has been bugging me for an iphone but he is still young so I am debating it. So someone buy a blue case so I can see it. I think it would look great with my white phone too.

Ookies

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011
I have a pink and black for my wife and that case is PINK!!! I mean pink as hell and she loves it. I am using an all silver on mine I also had a orange and silver and it was also very good looking and it was very orange as well but I liked the silver better with my white phone. The only color I have not seen is the blue, but all the rest I think match the pictures very well. I honestly would be careful about buying knockoffs of this case! There is more than meets the eye with this one and I am sure that it won't work exactly like the real thing does. I could be wrong but I really doubt the quality is the same and I can almost bet the rest is not either. I am loving the black/silver and all black. My son has been bugging me for an iphone but he is still young so I am debating it. So someone buy a blue case so I can see it. I think it would look great with my white phone too.

Your wish is my command... my blue case comes in tomorrow!

randallw

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
I honestly would be careful about buying knockoffs of this case! There is more than meets the eye with this one and I am sure that it won't work exactly like the real thing does. I could be wrong but I really doubt the quality is the same and I can almost bet the rest is not either.

http://us.aliexpress.com/snapshot/101152808.html

That's the link of the case I purchased. Looked pretty legit to me (it even ships with the element looking box and paperwork? heh). I would think that these guys are buying it from the same manufacturing plant somehow.

Anvil Image

macrumors member
May 17, 2011
What they ought to do is have a trade-in credit for Vapor 4 users who had too much signal degradation. Something like $50 voucher toward a Pro if you return your original Vapor. It would go a long way toward restoring confidence and good will in the brand. Note: I don't have the original Vapor, this is not to benefit me, I just think it would be a good idea...

I was on the EC support contact page and noticed that there is an "Upgrade Program" category in the contact form drop down...

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
True, I think this was the original design that would not work with Verizon phones, just at&t. Now they are not using the design at all anymore. So that may tell you something.
looks like it uses the original design with the smaller "plastic" piece

the.sheepdog

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
Central FL
Can I take it that the loss of signal issue with this case has been dealt with and is no longer a problem? The case is beautiful but who wants to spend so much money if the case kills the reception?

ashlodad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
hi can the owners of the pro Spectra with clear plastic insert have same rougher issue like the one of the owner have said, my is coming tomorrow and have little worry about that issue, thanks

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
I don't know anyone who has reported signal loss. It's actually been just the opposite which is hard to believe but several people including myself have seen it now.
Can I take it that the loss of signal issue with this case has been dealt with and is no longer a problem? The case is beautiful but who wants to spend so much money if the case kills the reception?

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
I have had 1 pro and 3 spectra's and no issue with the inserts.
hi can the owners of the pro Spectra with clear plastic insert have same rougher issue like the one of the owner have said, my is coming tomorrow and have little worry about that issue, thanks

ashlodad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
scelzifan, you have the Spectra, does the clear plastic insert feel rougher than the black one or the same on yours, thanks

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
Honestly, not really. They feel exactly the same to me. You really can not even tell its there by feel. If you were not looking down at it you would think its part of the case and not an inserted piece. All mine feel that way so I don't think that is a problem. I can not speak for everyone but mine are all ok and I am damn picky about little stuff.
scelzifan, you have the Spectra, does the clear plastic insert feel rougher than the black one or the same on yours, thanks

ashlodad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
Honestly, not really. They feel exactly the same to me. You really can not even tell its there by feel. If you were not looking down at it you would think its part of the case and not an inserted piece. All mine feel that way so I don't think that is a problem. I can not speak for everyone but mine are all ok and I am damn picky about little stuff.

thanks , are you plan to put something in the back of yours phone or leave original

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Just a response to a few of the above comments. I totally believe the guys who say it can improve reception. If you watch the Larry Grennburg review of of the pro he said he got two extra bars in his basement with the case on. I had 5 bars even with the Vapor 4 so I haven't seen a difference yet with my new Pro Spectras . I imagine it will come in handy the next time I'm in a elevator or in an area with a lot of concrete. Conceding rough edges on the clear plastic inserts it could have just been an Isolated inccedent with mine. Maybe that part of my case around the screw holes misses final polish. The two black insert Vaopr Spectras I have are smooth and feel great. I have bought a lot of cases for my IPhone 4. I've owned 7 Vapors alone not counting all the others. It is hands down the best case I've owned and I really love it. I won't be buying anymore IPhone 4 cases. for once I'm completely satisfied.

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
I am leaving them both naked. I don't really like the felt backing. I live the way the apple on the back shines with the case, especially my all silver case!
thanks , are you plan to put something in the back of yours phone or leave original

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
Why do I have a feeling that not alot of people is having that lighting gap issue with this case?

I have highlighted the area in an attached picture here. Picture is from scelzifan, I just highlighted it. Like Rhino/white said, he doesn't find it obstructing, but what about everyone else? I found it really annoying and had my vapor returned.

People who owns a vapor pro spectra, please comment.

Attachments

• Screen shot.png
    Screen shot.png
    411 KB · Views: 212

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Why do I have a feeling that not alot of people is having that lighting gap issue with this case?

I have highlighted the area in an attached picture here. Picture is from scelzifan, I just highlighted it. Like Rhino/white said, he doesn't find it obstructing, but what about everyone else? I found it really annoying and had my vapor returned.

People who owns a vapor pro spectra, please comment.

I find it so unobtrusive It doesn't occur to me to worry about it. It fits well. You have to look for things to worry about to be upset with this. it seems to me if it fit any tighter it may contact the antenna and detune it. It doesn't shake or feel loose. if you try to make it shift, it can't be done.

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada

I threw on my Black/ Silver and placed a powerful flashlight behind it. As you can see in the pic the clear insert is lit up and light is coming out around the outside edges of the phone. The only part of my case that will let light through is the headphone slot at the top. No light shines through anywhere else. Also you can see in the rest of the pics that there is more space along the edge of the top of the case than the bottom. I really think this will fix it self with normal compression of the foam over time.
I hope this helps.........Dam this black and silver is growing on me......don't think I can sell that one either.

Attachments

• DSC_1199.JPG
    DSC_1199.JPG
    811.5 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_1204.jpg
    DSC_1204.jpg
    731.1 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_1206.jpg
    DSC_1206.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_1208.JPG
    DSC_1208.JPG
    839.1 KB · Views: 92

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
In my picture I did notice that I had some light showing up by the headphone jack but honestly did not even see the other spot. Now that everything seems to be settling I have no light showing except the spot up by the headphone jack. I agree that once everything starts to settle it should go away but I honestly don't even notice. I guess its not that big of a deal to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.