Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
I got my Vapor Pro today! I'm pretty happy with it so far - I tend to have a fair amount of buyers remorse, especially when it's something this expensive. But I'm just looking at it as an investment. Will give impressions in a few days once I've had a chance to get used to it.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
I got my Vapor Pro today! I'm pretty happy with it so far - I tend to have a fair amount of buyers remorse, especially when it's something this expensive. But I'm just looking at it as an investment. Will give impressions in a few days once I've had a chance to get used to it.

What colour did you get? :)

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
Got my Black Ops case as well! Some initial impressions. Like all of Element's products, the build quality is top notch. I have an Extreme Metals case from them and and like that one, this case is prefect in its every physical aspects. Every cut out is spot on and the satin finish feels great on the hand. Like White/Rhino pointed out, there is no gap issue with my case aside form the headphone slot near the top.

Very impressed with the packaging which is very different from what they use to have. It does feel somewhat premium when your case came inside a case. :)

No issues what so ever with reception, wifi etc.

My only bone to pick is GPS, my biggest concern before the purchase, has been somewhat inconsistent during the two trips I've made. There were more then a few occasions when Navigon was a few seconds (50 meters) late in tracking my turns. Will give it more through testing before reporting back.

hohohong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
My only bone to pick is GPS, my biggest concern before the purchase, has been somewhat inconsistent during the two trips I've made. There were more then a few occasions when Navigon was a few seconds (50 meters) late in tracking my turns. Will give it more through testing before reporting back.

Same here,....

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
What colour did you get? :)

I got the Black Ops version. Wasn't sure I'd like the amber/yellow polymer area, but it's grown on me. I haven't had the opportunity to test GPS yet as I removed Navigon a while back since I rarely use it. That space is filled with music now. Once I trim my music collection back, I'll throw Navigon back on and take a few trips around town.

lucyna

macrumors member
May 22, 2011

Where did you get it?

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
I have to say after some time with my new Vapor Pro I'm really glad I bought it. I love the in hand feel much more than my Vapor 4. This case is much less edgy and more comfortable to hold. I love the finish and looks of the case and the fact that it looks bad ass. Performance wise it is awesome and I don't have any need to remove it like my Vapor 4 due to accessories not fitting of my GPS putting me miles away. I ran a network DBS test with mine and my GF's iPhone 4, hers with her pink/black Vapor 4 and I was -10-15 below hers and that's Hugh signal improment. I wouldnt give back my case or exchange it for anything else out there at this point. I'm very happy I traded up from my Vapor 4.

Just my thoughts.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Got my Pro Spectra

Received my black/silver Pro Spectra today. What can I say, oh... my... gaaaaaaaaawd...

Installation: wonderful. I love the wrench, the screws just slide right in.

Appearance: stunning - both the black and silver match the phone perfectly, and the clear insert looks great - perfectly transparent. Looks really sharp with the matte back/side protector I have (Ghost Armor).

Fit: Pieces line up great. No wiggle/play for the phone. There is a slight gap all the way around, but that is what is keeping the aluminum off the antenna I assume. Doesn't bother me.

Feel: Awesome in the hand. Thin (thinner than the e13ctron or atomic) no sharp edges, really light. Sleep button is really nice. The mute switch is a little hard to get to, but that is OK for me.

Reception: 0 change in decibels with case off/on/off/on. I mean not even 1 db. Wifi same. GPS lock is essentially instantaneous - that has always been good for me.

Edit: -77 db right now. Never seen my phone better than -80 in my house before...

I really loved the e13ctron, and I don't know why it wouldn't work for me, but this case is so far beyond the competition it's scary. I am not touching another case until the iPhone 6.

Here are a few pics.

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

coolca1028

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
alright, I have a huge issue with this...
I recently bought the Silver on Silver case... (doesnt really matter...)
The problem is, I work out a lot listening to my iphone and I was thinking about getting an armband for this and now i obviously cant...
I was thinking... are there any good armband "cases" out there so could just slide my phone in? (element case attached...)
I dont think it would be fun to screw in and out every time i want to use an armband to workout/jog...

TEHi

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Any words on the knock off version? Not that I'm a fan of counterfeit, just don't want to spend $150 for something that may not work. My average signal is 3 bars

Anvil Image

macrumors member
May 17, 2011
Easy solution:

Go buy an iPod Shuffle instead. Try running with an iPhone in a loose pair of shorts and your nuts will thank you for replacing it... :D

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Silver/Silver came in yesterday! (nice, but GPS a little funky)

My case came in yesterday. Very nice feel, high quality, and surprisingly light. I did not notice any change in 3G signal, which is great.

I do, however, have an occasional GPS anomoly. Much of the time it's right on, then, out of the blue, it will be off by a 1/2 block or so. I don't use GPS too often, so will keep this case in my rotation, but if I am heading on a trip and need to rely on GPS I think I will switch to one of my plastic cases . . .

Last edited:

RonnyK

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2007
Any words on the knock off version? Not that I'm a fan of counterfeit, just don't want to spend $150 for something that may not work. My average signal is 3 bars

Mine is en route. I will post a review when it arrives.

acssprez1

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Thanks to all!

I have been monitoring this thread for months now because I love the design of the Vapor. Just wanted to take the time to say thanks to everyone for their reviews and inputs of the case. After reading everything, I decided to take the plunge and buy three cases for my iPhone 4, and my wife's and brothers phone as gifts. I must say, that the cases are nothing short of awesome, and performance is everything I expected. I would not have made the purchase of these expensive cases if it had not been for everyone's involvement. Actually i think Element should be thanking you all :) Thanks again to all! :D

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA

Just for the heck of it, I ordered a knockoff Spectra to compare side by side with the actual legit Vapor Pro Spectra, and should have the knockoff by the end of the week. I'll post a comparison complete with photos.

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Well, I sold my Black/Silver Vapor pro to a friend. I wasnt planning on selling it but I thought what the heck. I really love the orange black and dont see myself taking it off. I'm now 5 bucks ahead and my orange/ black case was free because I sold the other two and my old Vapor 4. I love free stuff

Zord

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

So, I just got my Vapor 4 and really like the case. But when it's on my phone it's killing my signal! Any suggestions on how to help this problem??

Thanks!

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

So, I just got my Vapor 4 and really like the case. But when it's on my phone it's killing my signal! Any suggestions on how to help this problem??

Thanks!

The best advice would be to start back on page 1 so you can see all the fun we had tryin to make the signal better. Then when you have done that box up the Vapor 4 and send it back after you order a Vapor Pro. Problem solved............next!

Zord

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
The best advice would be to start back on page 1 so you can see all the fun we had tryin to make the signal better. Then when you have done that box up the Vapor 4 and send it back after you order a Vapor Pro. Problem solved............next!

LOL! Nice!

I think I'll do the latter and just order the Pro. Thanks!

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
LOL! Nice!

I think I'll do the latter and just order the Pro. Thanks!

Good call. A lot of people kinda of got the vapor 4 working where they could live with it but that is not the ideal solution. I like my pro 100 times better than the Vapor 4. 1 of those reasons is I dont need to keeping taking off my case if I'm in a bad signal are and all my accessories now fit. I've said it a few times over this thread and I will say it again. The pro is an excellent product and I recommend it highly. The money you save on the Vapor 4 isn't worth the hassle or signal loss. This is the best case I've see to date and it will take a lot to get me to take it off.
Let us know how you like the Pro when it gets there and please post pics.

Zord

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Good call. A lot of people kinda of got the vapor 4 working where they could live with it but that is not the ideal solution. I like my pro 100 times better than the Vapor 4. 1 of those reasons is I dont need to keeping taking off my case if I'm in a bad signal are and all my accessories now fit. I've said it a few times over this thread and I will say it again. The pro is an excellent product and I recommend it highly. The money you save on the Vapor 4 isn't worth the hassle or signal loss. This is the best case I've see to date and it will take a lot to get me to take it off.
Let us know how you like the Pro when it gets there and please post pics.

Thanks Rhino! I'll be sure to post some pics up when I get the pro. :)

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
Just came back from dinner at a location that's about a 20 minutes drive away. Half the journey is on the expressway. Navigon tracked me fairly well on my way there apart from the occasional blip. However, it was all over the place on my way back. It was so off that it was asking me to make u-turns throughout while I was on the expressway. That was kind of dissapointing.

All in all it is a beautiful case and I no longer use my GPS as much as I use to so I'll be keeping it. However it certainly is not a case for everyone, especially if you someone who is highly dependent on you iPhone GPS for direction. From my experience, the case does make the GPS fairly eccentric.

Zord

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010

Black Ops Edition on eBay! The bid is at like $90 right now. . . Decisions, Decisions.

Lano1o

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
I have been monitoring this thread for months now because I love the design of the Vapor. Just wanted to take the time to say thanks to everyone for their reviews and inputs of the case. After reading everything, I decided to take the plunge and buy three cases for my iPhone 4, and my wife's and brothers phone as gifts. I must say, that the cases are nothing short of awesome, and performance is everything I expected. I would not have made the purchase of these expensive cases if it had not been for everyone's involvement. Actually i think Element should be thanking you all :) Thanks again to all! :D

Been lurking here myself. Design of the case. of the case looks amazing! Was gonner order it myself. Just unsure about the color combination. What are the ones you got?

Just came back from dinner at a location that's about a 20 minutes drive away. Half the journey is on the expressway. Navigon tracked me fairly well on my way there apart from the occasional blip. However, it was all over the place on my way back. It was so off that it was asking me to make u-turns throughout while I was on the expressway. That was kind of dissapointing.

All in all it is a beautiful case and I no longer use my GPS as much as I use to so I'll be keeping it. However it certainly is not a case for everyone, especially if you someone who is highly dependent on you iPhone GPS for direction. From my experience, the case does make the GPS fairly eccentric.

That is such a pity. I do use gps farily often. Would luckylab's wrap help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.