Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Oh, I wasn't trying to squash your hopes. It's going to be out very shortly I believe. I was talking to the guy who said he ordered it on July 4 and it shipped. Now that's funny.
No worries I still have hope :D Hopefully by the time I get to order the option will be there.

josephrojas

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
Oh, I wasn't trying to squash your hopes. It's going to be out very shortly I believe. I was talking to the guy who said he ordered it on July 4 and it shipped. Now that's funny.

Order #395*
Order Date: 4th Jul 2010
Recipient: joseph

This order is marked as Shipped

You chose to ship this order with USPS PRIORITY MAIL
Your Order Contains the Following Items:
1 x Vapor Case
(Carbon Option: Yes, Color: Gunmetal/Blue**)

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Order #3957
Order Date: 4th Jul 2010
Recipient: joseph rojas

This order is marked as Shipped

You chose to ship this order with USPS PRIORITY MAIL
Your Order Contains the Following Items:
1 x Vapor Case
(Carbon Option: Yes, Color: Gunmetal/Blue**)
How do order it if it's not an option? Just email them?

josephrojas

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
How do order it if it's not an option? Just email them?

Yes email them and ask them to change our order. They said that the shopping cart still needs to be updated that's why all the new colors aren't showing up. He said blue orange green pink gunmetal silver and red will be coming soon and different back plates I think he said white and silver back plates??

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
No I'm not "pulling it" my order is number39** i sent them an email last week asking what colors were available and that's when they said gunmetal was available. I was going to change my order from red/black to silver/blue until they told me the gunmetL was coming. So I asked them if I could get the gunmetal color with blue and they emailed me back and said yes so I changed it. I paid for priority mail so it should be here Friday. I will post pics of it. Just checked my tracking number and it says it was processed and left San fransico ca tonight. I can't wait. I'm thinking these two colors together will look great. I opted in for the carbon fiber but not 100% sure I'm gonna use it.

If you are being honest ( I'm not calling you a liar )than you could be the straw that broke the camels back. If Element is sending out currently unavailable colours to customers before they ship orders in the limited 2 colours they were offering people who order before you than I call that a hugh load of *****!
If this is the case than I am done with this company period!

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Yes email them and ask them to change our order. They said that the shopping cart still needs to be updated that's why all the new colors aren't showing up. He said blue orange green pink gunmetal silver and red will be coming soon and different back plates I think he said white and silver back plates??
Sounds good, I'll just wait till I am able to order then. Now I'm deciding between gunmetal/gunmetal or gunmetal/black if that is even option.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Hi guys! I'm from eerythingicafe and have literally following everything about this case day and night, including the posts on these forums (yes that log one too that got closed down). Simone just posted this on our forums, very interesting http://www.fusionwerkz.com/iPhone4_Case.html as soon as I see reviews on it, I'll be ordering it

Fusion Sabre is actually the little known Herpes 4 case ...

Note the non-removable hex bolts and tool ...

Once it's on, you can never get rid of it.

josephrojas

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
If you are being honest ( I'm not calling you a liar )than you could be the straw that broke the camels back. If Element is sending out currently unavailable colours to customers before they ship orders in the limited 2 colours they were offering people who order before you than I call that a hugh load of *****!

I'm not exactly sure when they will be available in the shoppin cart. I kept emailing them everyday until I got a response. Once they responded to my first email they were pretty promp at getting back with me on all the others. I tried calling as well but no answer. I think I just got really lucky. I will def post pictures of it as soon as I receive it.

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
I'm not exactly sure when they will be available in the shoppin cart. I kept emailing them everyday until I got a response. Once they responded to my first email they were pretty promp at getting back with me on all the others. I tried calling as well but no answer. I think I just got really lucky. I will def post pictures of it as soon as I receive it.

I think it's great that you could change your colour option. It would be nice for the other 2000 people who ordered one to have the same option. I don't get it. They introduce a product in two colours. 40 days later people still don't have shipping notices. They change design halfway through and are now announcing a new back plate that wasn't available in July. By this logic there was no point or advantage for anyone who ordered early. People who ordered over a month later will have new options that early orders didn't have and get them the same time. Does this seem totally effed up to anyone else???
Sorry for the rant but nothing about this whole transaction has been good from the get go.

josephrojas

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
I think it's great that you could change your colour option. It would be nice for the other 2000 people who ordered one to have the same option. I don't get it. They introduce a product in two colours. 40 days later people still don't have shipping notices. They change design halfway through and are now announcing a new back plate that wasn't available in July. By this logic there was no point or advantage for anyone who ordered early. People who ordered over a month later will have new options that early orders didn't have and get them the same time. Does this seem totally effed up to anyone else???
Sorry for the rant but nothing about this whole transaction has been good from the get go.

I'm thinking they were only going to release it in a few colors at first and then realized that everyone wanted other colors. When it was first announced,they said black black/pink and black/red

ryans428

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
This is the exact set-up I'm considering, given I actually feel good about ordering given the reception issues. First, chromatics on front I think looks bad, IMO. The clean black is best. Second, I was hoping for the Vapor in silver and blue, but that doesn't appear to be available yet, given the emails from some pre-orders. Silver on silver looks great, too.

I'm not sure if the 'blazin blue' chromatics will match the Vapor blue. I would think the odds are not good. Then I think the safer bet is the silver on silver with either blue, SGP carbon fiber, or just plain black on the back.

My $.02.
You could always just order a zagg skin in whatever color you want and you can add whatever you want and they claim the it helps with "attenna woes" I got it because it creates a barrier so the metal of the case never touches the attenna

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008

Why not email them and ask for gunmetal instead then?

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Why not email them and ask for gunmetal instead then?

I don't really want gunmetal. I would like to have had the options in colour choices when I first ordered or have my order mailed already. Emailing these guy's is not a very reliable way to communicate. I sent my first email a week ago and called and left a voice mail as well and I've gotten no reply. Does one have to email them ten times a day to drive them crazy until they respond. If that's the case, that is sad. I don't believe a customer should have to resort to stalking to get the simple curtsey of a reply.
You would expect that a company who has failed so miserably in " Giving the people what they want" Would have maybe hired a few people to handle communications while they are " busy night and day ; )" making us cases. It seems like more people everyday are doing Paypal charge backs. How much money is a company prepared to loose because it's just to darn busy to talk to it's customers. Sorry I'm ranting again. I think I'm just gonna kill my order and move on with my life.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Awesome they got back to me regarding the gun metal color.

"no worries..when you pre-order, just put down any color as you can change it anytime and as many times you want...so long it has not shipped yet. Just send us an email saying you'd like to change your Vapor color.

We have some test samples in Gunmetal...but the color is not quite right so we're having to redo it. "

F1 Speed

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Day 3 with new Element Case V1

Note: This is not a reveiw. It is just general (early) observations thus far with daily use of this case.
I received my Vapor Case V1 on Monday and as of this morning I have NOT noticed any problems thus far with the new case. So far the case has met all of my expectations and here is what I have observed to some of the prominent questions and concerns that others have had.

* Incoming and Out going calls:
Observation: No differences between no case at all, w/ Apple Bumper and V1 Vapor Case. No dropped calls, good sound clarity both ways,

* Signal Stength (number of bars):
Observation: No difference noticed between no case, w/ Apple Bumper and V1Vapor Case. I live in a good signal strength area and also no differences noted commuting around town. These observations are with my wifi connection at home, my carriers signal and a couple local wifi hot spots that i visited while at lunch. I have not yet had an opportunity to perform any down load / up load speed tests yet and I anticipate there will be some differences in speed shown in these tests.

*GPS and Compas accuracy:
Observation: Same as above

* Case Fit & Finish: Black / Black w - Carbon Option:
Observation: The anodizing appears to be of high quality and has gotten any scratches through normal use thus far. The Carbon back is of high quality Carbon Fiber and looks fantastic IMHO. Case fitment is tight and I have not noticed any scratches to the phone after removing the case this morning for inspection.

* Head Phone jack connection:
Observation: I cannot report on this as I never use it.

* Dock Port connection:
Observation: The Apple USB cable works without problems however due to the depth of the bottom pocket on the case you have to be careful removing the cable. There is not much of the cable connector exposed to grab onto when the phone is plugged in. I do not have any docking stations or 3rd. party cables so I cannot report on thais aspect.

* Car Holder fittment:
Observation: I have a Pro Clip mount and holder for the iP4 w/ Apple Bumper and as I anticipated it does not fit the holder. I will need to look for another holder solution to work with this case in my Truck.

* Holster Case fittment:
Observation: I use a Maxpedition 5" Black Holster case for cell phones and it fits perfectly.

* Case Feel:
Observation: The case feels extreemly comfortable holding and using it making calls with my LEFT hand. It does not feel as secure or grippy as with the Apple Bumper but that is due to the differences in materials used. I do feel comfortable using this case on a daily basis.

* Drop Protection:
Observation: I cannot report on this as I have not droped it yet nor do I intend to. However, my personal opinion is that due to the material it is made of and the tight fittment, it will not absorb the impact of a shock as well as a bumper type case made of a different material that is better suited to absorb energy of an impact.

Overall observations: I am happy thus far with the case so far however this is just the start of the 3rd. day with the case. My personal oppinion is that the case is well worth the asking price for my usage and protection needs. I have not noticed ANY differences in the way the phone functions thus far using the V1 Vapor Case. I am curious as to what the advantages might be for my useage of the V2 though.

carbonfly

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
I just got email saying that both of my cases from ElementCase have shipped! Black/Red for me, Black/Pink for the wife. Yay!

Vapored

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
North Texas
After I sell / return mine I just might get that one. Why? This sold me on it:

"Fusionwerkz is a proud partner of Apple Products and an authorized Apple Licensee."

Last thing they would want is for customers calling Apple about the service. With EC there is nothing to loose but a few orders...

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
Just got a tracking number for a black/silver with carbon back. Now the real waiting begins.

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010

How unprofessional can a company get? Changing the design and still showing old design on website, and offering unavailable colors to those who email?
3 dudes in a garage I bet!

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
So is the vapor too big or too small for the proclip holder? Isn't the bumper version of the proclip adjustable? Proclip also have adjustable holder design for thinner case or phone with just skin. Perhaps you should give that a try?

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010
After I sell / return mine I just might get that one. Why? This sold me on it:

"Fusionwerkz is a proud partner of Apple Products and an authorized Apple Licensee."

Last thing they would want is for customers calling Apple about the service. With EC there is nothing to loose but a few orders...

Not nearly as nice looking as vapor, but a whole lot cheaper. Mehhh...

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
How unprofessional can a company get? Changing the design and still showing old design on website, and offering unavailable colors to those who email?
3 dudes in a garage I bet!

Yep, they are awful. As you say, they are basically selling a different product on their website than what everyone actually receives. It really doesn't take that long to update your website with current pictures / information / updates.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008

Yes this is how I feel exactly! I picked pink because it was the only color option at the time other than black and I thought I would get it sooner. Now people are getting the option to preorder again and are getting delivery of other colors and yet I still did not receive a shipping notice even though i paid them over a month ago.

I know they used our preorder money to fund production and I am ok with that but they are treating their early supporters like crap. These guys do not deserve my business.

I love the idea of this case but it actually felt great to cancel my order yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.