Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Yup, but it would be "sinful" of us to give you the correct sources. *ahem* ;)

I see what you did there!!! How sinful :p

----------

Finally got a single app downloaded from Cydia after retrying countless times. It's an app that lets me share my phone's gps to my iPad via bluetooth. Works perfectly. No need to buy those expensive bluetooth gps receivers.

App name or repo ?

LlamaLarry

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Northern VA
I finally got all of my apps/tweaks installed, including all the paid ones, except for My3G. It will download and then die with a substrate and dpkg error. The application icon appears but won't launch. Reentry into Cydia detects the failed install and warns me to force remove it.

Has anyone here gotten My3G to install? Intelliborn seems to be acting like it should be working fine, but others have tweeted them with the same errors.

iPhone 5 iOS 6.1

ryanromine

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I finally got all of my apps/tweaks installed, including all the paid ones, except for My3G. It will download and then die with a substrate and dpkg error. The application icon appears but won't launch. Reentry into Cydia detects the failed install and warns me to force remove it.

Has anyone here gotten My3G to install? Intelliborn seems to be acting like it should be working fine, but others have tweeted them with the same errors.

iPhone 5 iOS 6.1

Wondering if I should restore then try again?

Cancelled
Oct 19, 2011
POSIX: Connection refused
POSIX: Operation timed out

Really, guys? Really?
Cydia Repos are still getting hammered?
This is worse than with any other jailbreak before.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Is there any JB app that will let me set up a Kids mode? Eg

- can play selected games (no Doom for you!)
- can view photos WITHOUT being able to delet them (bloody kids!)
- can send text messages only to family members (not my boss or professional contacts!)
- etc

Cancelled
Oct 19, 2011
Is there any JB app that will let me set up a Kids mode? Eg

- can play selected games (no Doom for you!)
- can view photos WITHOUT being able to delet them (bloody kids!)
- can send text messages only to family members (not my boss or professional contacts!)
- etc

For 1) look for Locktopus.
2) and 3) - never heard of any packages for that, but doesn't mean such packages don't exist.

Freezerburnt

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Help!

Hello everyone,

I tried Evasi0n last night on my iPod Touch (4th generation), and made the mistake of trying to launch Cydia when the servers were overloaded. It froze, so I went to reset the device and it's stuck on the Apple logo...

I've tried a hard reset multiple times, recovery mode, restore through iTunes, even TinyUmbrella - nothing seems to work.

Is there a way to restore the iPod to factory settings again?

Thank you so much for your help.

iPhoneVic

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
Anyone JB the IP3 yet?

I'm ready to wipe it clean and install 6.1...Just wondering if
anyone had any problems... Thanks vicsiphone

jomarr

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2011
Hello everyone,

I tried Evasi0n last night on my iPod Touch (4th generation), and made the mistake of trying to launch Cydia when the servers were overloaded. It froze, so I went to reset the device and it's stuck on the Apple logo...

I've tried a hard reset multiple times, recovery mode, restore through iTunes, even TinyUmbrella - nothing seems to work.

Is there a way to restore the iPod to factory settings again?

Thank you so much for your help.

Try pressing both the home button and power button. Idk that worked for me before :D

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
What's that hiding in my app drawer? :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 247

cmathis

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2012
What's that hiding in my app drawer? :D

I'm having a problem where the Auxo app cards intermittently disappear, then when I close/reopen the switcher, they're back. Yours doing this?

----------

I've tried this as well - iTunes tells me that it's unable to restore. Thanks though...

How long did you give it before you gave up on it? Mine would get hung at the Apple logo the first few times I rebooted, but each time, a Lock + Home button hold until the Apple logo disappeared/reappeared fixed it. Now I'm not having that issue anymore.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
For 1) look for Locktopus.
2) and 3) - never heard of any packages for that, but doesn't mean such packages don't exist.

Thanks for the suggestion. Had a look at Locktopus, but seem I would need to lock around 50 apps to make my phone 100% kidproof, then I'd need a password every time I wanted to use one of these apps myself.

Still, the signs are there that one day someone will create user profiles for the iphone. It's feasible now & the demand is there.

cmathis

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2012

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
a question regarding itunes.
If i jailbreak, am i still able to use itunes as i always have, installing apps, and synching?

For the most part, yes. Jailbreaking alone does not affect the way you sync with iTunes. However, if you were to install a "tweak" or "hack" that involves modifying the way the iDevice syncs with iTunes, then you may notice a difference. So far, the only tweak I've used that may change the way it syncs is "Appsync" and that does not break or interfere with iTunes. My understanding is it just allows iTunes to sync pirated/cracked apps to and from the iDevice.

My advice is to be careful with that it is you install through cydia and make sure you read the descriptions or search online for more information before you install anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.