Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Shotglass said:
Nano? Where?
I think the poster meant this pic.
IMAG0055.jpg

Coops46

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2006
Of course it's a case! But i never use it anymore because my first nano became sooo scratched using it, my 2nd one [due to screen] has just stayed in it's cloth case and remained near scratch free!

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Coops46 said:
Of course it's a case! But i never use it anymore because my first nano became sooo scratched using it, my 2nd one [due to screen] has just stayed in it's cloth case and remained near scratch free!
It doesnt need to be a case. I know quite a few people who have painted their's, with varying degrees of success.

ID008

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2006
WOW. EVERY ROOM in this thread is super clean and tidy. Mine looks like a hurrican just passed by. Socks in my desk, shirts in my tv, McDonalds bag from last weekend still somewhere on the floor. 20 dirty unused cups, soda cans, and etc.

I don't think anybody here would care to see it but mine actually looks like a teenager's room although it is a little above that I would suppose.

Either you all have maids or you're not really a normal teenager. None of the people I know have such tidy rooms like these. The only thing that is common is our mothers yelling at us about cleaning the room. I doubt any of you have ever heard that from your mother.:eek:

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
ID008 said:
WOW. EVERY ROOM in this thread is super clean and tidy. Mine looks like a hurrican just passed by.

Do you live in New Orleans? that was a cruel joke, won't happen again

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

To the OP, that is an awesome room! I love the ceilings and it is super clean. I love the lack of clutter. Is this a converted attic?

CompUser said:
Cause all the elders around here will be like. Why is your room bigger than mine, why do you have a bigger bed, why do you have your own bathroom and a bigger closet. Blah Blah Blah. You all are so spoiled, when you grow up and meet the real world, you are going to suffer and waste all your money on frivolous purchases.
That is a crappy way of speaking generally about everyone over 18. I am an elder as you like to refer to it and I do not have that thought at all. Frankly my dear, I do not care what your parents buy you or don't buy you. Don't lump everyone under the same close-minded idea. Isn't it ironic that you gripe about what the "elders" will say while producing your own generalization of people all on your own? It's just bad form really.

I do not find you spoiled if you have a lot of nice things...you're no better or worse than anyone else. What you have in life doesn't define you, it's how you use it that will. So make me one of the few that doesn't think you're spoiled and let the kids have fun.

C

CompUser

jessica. said:

To the OP, that is an awesome room! I love the ceilings and it is super clean. I love the lack of clutter. Is this a converted attic?

That is a crappy way of speaking generally about everyone over 18. I am an elder as you like to refer to it and I do not have that thought at all. Frankly my dear, I do not care what your parents buy you or don't buy you. Don't lump everyone under the same close-minded idea. Isn't it ironic that you gripe about what the "elders" will say while producing your own generalization of people all on your own? It's just bad form really.

I do not find you spoiled if you have a lot of nice things...you're no better or worse than anyone else. What you have in life doesn't define you, it's how you use it that will. So make me one of the few that doesn't think you're spoiled and let the kids have fun.

I am just basing that on what I have seen from the 18 and under post your set up thread, and lots of other threads. If you have not looked at that thread, read it and see where i am coming from. I am sorry if I offended anyone by saying that.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
dscf4545sz0.jpg

View from the door.

dscf4546lm7.jpg

"Entertainment area."

dscf4547vz6.jpg

Work area.

dscf4549oq6.jpg

Movies/Games.

dscf4548mv3.jpg

Fridge.

dscf4552kd6.jpg

Bed/Sofa.

dscf4551ge1.jpg

Sutff that makes me "sex-a-fyed."

I'm 14.

UPDATE: I took a trip to walmart today, and I have some updated pics...

dscf4562in7.jpg

I put up the clock I got from Ikea today.

dscf4561qi7.jpg

I got an area rug (6x9) from Walmart for $40!! It looks so nice!

dscf4563uh7.jpg

Some storage that I can put school work/School suplies/nicknacs/ in.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
I like what you've done with the place, Wes. Here's an idea. How about everyone posts before and after pics, if they have them?

I think I'll be submitting mine when my Exilim comes back from London.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Caitlyn said:
Killyp, I really love the look and feel of your room! :D

Thanks! I've changed it a TINY bit, but I'll take pics tomorrow. I'm bit of a perfectionist. Got to go now, I need to vacuum!!! :rolleyes:

falcon1

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
Georgia
DJMastaWes, why do you have a little fridge in your room since you 14 and live with your parents? lol i'm 17 and I don't have one.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Have you tried walking downstairs to get a fifth lager?

falcon1

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
Georgia
Killyp said:

I don't know what a lager is but yeah I walk downstairs to get stuff and its not that big of deal to have your own fridge in your room.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
falcon1 said:
DJMastaWes, why do you have a little fridge in your room since you 14 and live with your parents? lol i'm 17 and I don't have one.
For the simple fact that.. it's pimp.

EDIT: I updated my first post with some stuff I got at Walmart today.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
I like the rug.........but somehow, it makes your room darker. but if you can live with it, what the hell. And having a fridge is indeed 'pimp'.
Wes said:
But for a 14-year-old, I think it's pretty chill.
some dude said:
Chill? Are you sure you're the coolest 14-year-old at school?
Wes said:
Oh yeah, I'm cool.
My favourite quote :D

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Shotglass said:
I like the rug.........but somehow, it makes your room darker. but if you can live with it, what the hell. And having a fridge is indeed 'pimp'.

My favourite quote :D
Lol, were those quotes me? When I made the "My room" thread? Haha.

I like the rug.

The photo was taken at night with the lights slightly dimmed, so that's probebly why.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Killyp said:

I thought this was an under 18 years old thread?

Drinking lager at such a young age...<shakes head and mumbles something about the youth of today...>

;)

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
I don't drink Lager, but I drink Beer. And I'm not 15 years and 11 months old. (Legal age is 16 over here). But don't tell anyone.

And Wes, you made that comment in the setups thread. Something like "dunno the specs for the imac, they're sucky, but for a 14-year-old, i think it's pretty chill"

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Do you guys all live in your rooms? I know I do. I have everything I could ever want up here. I like how I can still have my lights, tv and stereo still on without my parents hearing when they are sleeping.

I normally leave for food and goin out with friends. Otherwise i chill up here. How bout you guys?

Coops46

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2006
I have everything I could possibly want in my room, minus food!
I've made my lights turn off/on and dim using my TV remote and once my macbook comes next month, I'll even have a remote computer! Never mind leaving my room, more like my bed.

Noooooice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.