Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackArc

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
Orange County, CA
Eric, nice room -

First off, nice lax stick.

Second:

You seem like you want to improve your room. Maybe I could help, I grew up around design...

Loose the nick-nacks (move the tissues to your bathroom, get rid of unneeded things, like that christmas tree, white box under your desk, red thing above the window - less is more.)
Get a new lamp for your nightstand
Purchase a new office chair
New matching bedding (or at least dump the blue plaid blanket at the end of the bed)
Get rid of that unneeded wood chair next to the white bookshelf

Hopefully this will help. You already have a sick room as it is but the above should cost very little (and a trip to Target) and will improve your room greatly.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
Eric, nice room -

First off, nice lax stick.

Second:

You seem like you want to improve your room. Maybe I could help, I grew up around design...

Loose the nick-nacks (move the tissues to your bathroom, get rid of unneeded things, like that christmas tree, white box under your desk, red thing above the window - less is more.)
Get a new lamp for your nightstand
Purchase a new office chair
New matching bedding (or at least dump the blue plaid blanket at the end of the bed)
Get rid of that unneeded wood chair next to the white bookshelf

Hopefully this will help. You already have a sick room as it is but the above should cost very little (and a trip to Target) and will improve your room greatly.

(its erik cough cough lol)

I am thinking the same things- DEF new chair, new nightstand, new lamp definately, new bookshelf, ditch the corner thing and put in some type of "credenza" (I dunno if thats the word I am looking for) (with a nice LCD TV would be SICK). I also want to get rid of that little desk. I am planning on buying new bedding in a couple weeks.

The tissues are usually in my bathroom, but I have pneumonia right now, so they need to be close by lol.

I think we'll see some improvements shortly.

Do you play lacrosse?

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006

I KNOW how that grinds your gears Eric, but you'll just have to put up with it. I mean Eric is quite a difficult name to spell ;)

ahh I love you really :)

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
I KNOW how that grinds your gears Eric, but you'll just have to put up with it. I mean Eric is quite a difficult name to spell ;)

ahh I love you really :)

You would be amazed how many people get it wrong- that and my last name. Teachers, places where they have preprinted name tags, FRIENDS... And Killy*, the ignorance is horrifying.

* Oops I mean *Killé

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
You would be amazed how many people get it wrong- that and my last name. Teachers, places where they have preprinted name tags, FRIENDS... And Killy*, the ignorance is horrifying.

* Oops I mean *Killé

lol

My surname is actually what it is because of a spelling mistake on a marriage certificate many moons ago...

JackArc

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
Orange County, CA

I am thinking the same things- DEF new chair, new nightstand, new lamp definately, new bookshelf, ditch the corner thing and put in some type of "credenza" (I dunno if thats the word I am looking for) (with a nice LCD TV would be SICK). I also want to get rid of that little desk. I am planning on buying new bedding in a couple weeks.

The tissues are usually in my bathroom, but I have pneumonia right now, so they need to be close by lol.

I think we'll see some improvements shortly.

Do you play lacrosse?

I played in HS

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Well, since I am 18 until July, I still qualify to post in here! :) I am in college, and this is my room in my apartment I rent. I live in the upper part of a house. Its a tiny room, but I guess it works.

In the picture that you can see my room has closet doors instead of a real door... fun...

Sorry about the blurry pics, my camera is being dumb. I have my C2D iMac and my PowerBook G4 12" in view. :) In the second picture you can see my "stupid purchase" of an $800 TV when I worked at Best Buy. You can also see the autographed Abercrombie picture my roomie won. *eyeroll*

Yes, that is an HD antenna. Yes that is a DirecTV box. Yes it is HD. No, I don't have premium channels. Yes I have a 360. No I don't have a Wii. Yes I am looking for another roomate for next year.

Attachments

• DSC00160_400x300.shkl.JPG
    DSC00160_400x300.shkl.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00161_400x300.shkl.JPG
    DSC00161_400x300.shkl.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 137

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
Well, since I am 18 until July, I still qualify to post in here! :) I am in college, and this is my room in my apartment I rent. I live in the upper part of a house. Its a tiny room, but I guess it works.

In the picture that you can see my room has closet doors instead of a real door... fun...

Sorry about the blurry pics, my camera is being dumb. I have my C2D iMac and my PowerBook G4 12" in view. :) In the second picture you can see my "stupid purchase" of an $800 TV when I worked at Best Buy. You can also see the autographed Abercrombie picture my roomie won. *eyeroll*

Yes, that is an HD antenna. Yes that is a DirecTV box. Yes it is HD. No, I don't have premium channels. Yes I have a 360. No I don't have a Wii. Yes I am looking for another roomate for next year.
That TV looks like the westinghouse, now why was it a bad buy, for i plan on getting that one??

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
That TV looks like the westinghouse, now why was it a bad buy, for i plan on getting that one??

Oh no, it was an AWESOME buy! I love the TV... some of the menu controls are a little awkward, and it never remembers to automatically output to surround sound... but I can live with that! :)

Its just that I didn't have the $800 to spend when I bought it. ;) Overall, its a wonderful TV, albeit only 720p.

adamchase

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2006
sorry for the bad collage.... u guys have awsome rooms im jelous my room is where me and all my friends hangout on weekends before parties and stuff you can hardly see the couch in the pic but theres a couch there we pull in a few chairs and such. Ill get pids up after next weekend.. i just spend the say cleaning from the longweekend it was pretty gross/

sdsddsda3.jpg

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
sorry for the bad collage.... u guys have awsome rooms im jelous my room is where me and all my friends hangout on weekends before parties and stuff you can hardly see the couch in the pic but theres a couch there we pull in a few chairs and such. Ill get pids up after next weekend.. i just spend the say cleaning from the longweekend it was pretty gross/

Photo from above

Is that a Yashica FX-2?? I learned on that camera, no light meter or anything, went all by eye.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Some pics of my bedroom. It's been this way for about a year. Sorry for the bad image quality. I just took these with my RAZR.

0413071508fw4.jpg

The bed, front window, and night stand (with iHome). Yes, I know there's a teddy bear thing there. It's from my grandma and my mom insists I keep it out. I should've taken it away for the photo though. :D

0413071510ai2.jpg

My desk. There's a ton of useless stuff on it that I should clean out sometime. Hopefully a nice Macbook will be sitting there within the next year. :)

jordygreen

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
London, UK
@BigJohno - haha ohh ye IKEA is the worlds next greatest thing ever!!!

I have moved stuff around in my room and what not so when i have finally tidied everything up i will post some more pics :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.