Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enivree

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
182366ed2a9644eef0f21ab0331b3b39_original.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-finish-impact-protection-case-fo/description

Looks interesting, might be a nice alternative to Apple Leather case if you want more bottom protection. I wish they can have more colour choices like Saddle brown.

What do you think?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I love a good leather case, and this seems to be the play proof with some grip
pleather.... though it does usually hold up better than leather

I kicked in my 21 euro monies thingy points though

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
An Evutec Karbon clone for half the price...? Sounds good to me.

Hopefully grip isn't an issue.

The bulk of leather products is made from hides from animals raised for food...which would otherwise go wasted if discarded...so that bit is a little thick.

Reactions: dellaster and rcjr

rcjr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
An Evutec Karbon clone for half the price...? Sounds good to me.

Hopefully grip isn't an issue.

The bulk of leather products is made from hides from animals raised for food...which would otherwise go wasted if discarded...so that bit is a little thick.

I thought of the same thing in regards to the Evutec Karbon. I sent a message to Evolutive Labs specifically asking about grip, so I suppose we'll see.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I think the main difference is this will be rated at nearly 3 times the drop height of the evutec.

Reactions: rcjr

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I backed it as well. I have heard we are supposed to receive a questionnaire this week where we select our preferences.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
I was going to, but since they were well on their way to being funded, I decided to wait until the reviews come in and it becomes available normally. Also wanted to avoid the shipping charge and currency conversion ;)

Already have more cases than phones...

rcjr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
I somehow have a feeling that we may be receiving the surveys tomorrow. It will be the one week marker since having the project fully funded so it would make sense...but that also may just be my wishful thinking ;)

Everyone already know which variety they will be ordering? I was going back and forth between carbon fiber and black leather but I've decided on the black leather version. I think it will look nice and I'm pleased that they have addressed the grip issue that plagued the Playproof line.

Reactions: AE14

rcjr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
I visited the Kickstarter page this morning and Evolutive Labs had expressed that surveys should be going out on Friday, 4/29, "if everything goes well." I'd say it's been going well, so send 'em! :p

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I ended up doing the 3 pack after they said you could pick the Iphone 7 version. I think I will go 1 for the 6 and 2 for the 7.

rcjr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
I got my survey this am, and already completed it.

Same here. Got it around 8:15am, promptly filled out and submitted one for me and another as a gift. Looking forward to receiving the finalized product!

Reactions: AE14

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
How can u get one?

Well, you read the kickstarter page link above, for one. I think it's closed now so you'll need to wait until they are available on their website for the general public if you can't join the kickstart campaign.

I ordered mine this morning, black leather. Really hoping it's a substantially better grip, like the evutec case. Even if it's not I'll probably still use it a lot, my playproof and my apple leather are the only 2 cases I switch between and this will definitely be at least a little better than the playproof.

Reactions: rcjr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.