Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Just_Kyle

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2023
Wisconsin
I always thought that USB-A made the USB ports on the back of the monitor work with the computer hanging from it. That's how it used to be, I thought. Since my MacBooks no longer have USB-A, I haven't used that cable anymore. Never been a problem.
Your #2 needs to draw power from the USB-A in order to work.

rorydaredking

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014

Christian Evers

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2020
Sweden
Hello,

I will be purchasing a new MacBook Pro M3 Pro this summer, for using 2x Eizo CG303W screens over 2x separate Dual Link DVI cables.

Do I understand it correctly that it can be done in the following 2 ways:

Apple USB-C ---> MiniDisplayPort Adapter
connected to
Apple Mini DisplayPort ---> Dual Link DVI Adapter MB571Z/A

Is it needed that both USB-A ports of the Dual Link DVI Adapter are connected ?
Eizo screen have USB-A ports, so there it can connect.
But MacBook Pro M3 doesn't have any USB-A ports... how is this meant to be solved ?

Will it be possible to run double sets of above cables, to get 2x Eizo CG303W displays running with the MacBook Pro M3 ?

Cable Matters Display Port ---> Mini DisplayPort
or
connected to
CalDigit TS4 dock
connected to

Since CalDigit TS4 dock only have 1x MiniDisplayPort outlet, is it then not possible to run the 2x Eizo CG303W displays with this solution ?

Last edited:

rorydaredking

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

I will be purchasing a new MacBook Pro M3 Pro this summer, for using 2x Eizo CG303W screens over 2x separate Dual Link DVI cables.

Do I understand it correctly that it can be done in the following 2 ways:

connected to

Is it needed that both USB-A ports of the Dual Link DVI Adapter are connected ?
Eizo screen have USB-A ports, so there it can connect.
But MacBook Pro M3 doesn't have any USB-A ports... how is this meant to be solved ?

Will it be possible to run double sets of above cables, to get 2x Eizo CG303W displays running with the MacBook Pro M3 ?

Cable Matters Display Port ---> Mini DisplayPort
or
connected to
CalDigit TS4 dock
connected to

Since CalDigit TS4 dock only have 1x MiniDisplayPort outlet, is it then not possible to run the 2x Eizo CG303W displays with this solution ?

It's now back to working as it always has with the club3d USB-C to DL DVI adapter - make sure it's the one with HDCP off

Just make sure you're on Sonoma 14.4.

That being said, I think your option 1 will work - but you'll need some USB-A power for the DL DVI adapters.

Option 2 I don't really understand, if you are using the USB-C adapters then the 1x MDP isn't a limitation. Option 2 would give you the USB-A power you need for option 1 though.

Genuinely, the club3d adapters are great, no extra power needed and single adapter.

Christian Evers

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2020
Sweden
Thanks for clarifying !

Eizo CG303W specifications informs that one of the DVI-ports are HDCP, though that one seems to be the Single Link port.

For using the max resolution it will be needed to use the Dual Link port, and that one seems to have "HDCP off".

I will try the Club3D adaptor, it seems as the smoothest way to do it.

Will it be possible to use 2x of these Club3D adaptors, for running 2x Eizo CG303W displays + the internal MacBook Pro display simultaneously ?

Attachments

• eizo 1.jpg
    eizo 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 10
  • eizo 2.jpg
    eizo 2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 9

Christian Evers

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2020
Sweden
Thanks for clarifying !

Eizo CG303W specifications informs that one of the DVI-ports are HDCP, though that one seems to be the Single Link port.

For using the max resolution it will be needed to use the Dual Link port, and that one seems to have "HDCP off".

Will it be possible to use 2x of these Club3D adaptors, for running 2x Eizo CG303W displays + the internal MacBook Pro display simultaneously ?

rorydaredking

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Thanks for clarifying !

Yep, have always used 2 of them plus internal

dr.zeissler

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2018
very annoying!!!!!
M1 and Serpent Canyon (ARC770m) work 100% with 30" produced early 2006 regardless if 1510 or 1510-A.
M1 and Serpent Canyon (ARC770m) do not work with 30" produced 2008 regardless 1510 or 1510-A (flickering lines).

I think I have to put the 2008 to the trash!

I was planing to buy a M3-mini if this thing ever comes out...but then it's over...I had bought M3-iMac but only if Apple had released a model with a bigger screen. 24" is too small for my eyes sorry apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.