Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Oled

OLED Cinema displays anyone???

This would be cool...

flexible-oled-concept.jpg

That would be so neat and I don't even want to think about the cost?

sundayx

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Hong Kong
Here to say, I haven't been around since I posted my previous concepts a long while back. Here's what I came up with since then (the shuffle update today reminded myself that I produced a similar concept). Click to see more information.

See the rest on Flickr.

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
Here to say, I haven't been around since I posted my previous concepts a long while back. Here's what I came up with since then (the shuffle update today reminded myself that I produced a similar concept). Click to see more information.

Excellent!! :D
Might have some trouble with the physics of that cinema display, looks a little front heavy. Reminds me of the G4 iMac :)
Thanks for sharing!

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
This is gorgeous!

It looks like a render, do you have any more versions of it, higher resolution, different angles? :)

:apple:

To be honest with you... I found this on the web while researching OLED screens lol.

Here is another shot of it though... not sure what the whole projector thing means though.

horizon81.jpg

MacDaddy901

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2008

-snip

What program are you using to make your mock-ups. They look great.

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area

I saw this as a comment on your shuffle design.]
Made me chuckle.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 143

talkingfuture

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2008
The back of beyond.

Some of those concepts are brilliant, I love the shuffle and the Mini tower.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
In light of the recent iMac update, I found one thing extremely interesting and rather familiar.

iPhone%20copy.jpg

I originally designed this concept around the design of the iMac, and now it is tied in more closely than ever. When I read that the new iMac's WiFi antenna was in the plastic Apple logo on the back, I had deja vu. My concept is even more feasible than before, so here's to hoping

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
In light of the recent iMac update, I found one thing extremely interesting and rather familiar.

iPhone%20copy.jpg

I originally designed this concept around the design of the iMac, and now it is tied in more closely than ever. When I read that the new iMac's WiFi antenna was in the plastic Apple logo on the back, I had deja vu. My concept is even more feasible than before, so here's to hoping

Wow, you did a great job. That looks really good.

I don't however think we will see Apple releasing an iPhone made completely out of aluminum. The tactile feel just isn't there - it would be slippery and cold.

I'm curious what the Magic Mouse is made out of...I will see once mine ships. :rolleyes:

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA

I don't however think we will see Apple releasing an iPhone made completely out of aluminum. The tactile feel just isn't there - it would be slippery and cold.

I'm curious what the Magic Mouse is made out of...I will see once mine ships. :rolleyes:

I personally adored the feel of the original iPhone and had a terribly difficult time adjusting to the toy-like feel of the 3GS

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel

Top of magic mouse is glossy plastic, like the top of the MacBook. Bottom is nice cold aluminum.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A quick mockup I did awhile back of either a chinless iMac or a new ACD design (before the new one came out). I had an xMac mockup but it was really bad so I don't want to post it.

WOW! And I originally chastisized those that hated "The Chin" of the Mac. And just last week this mockup came to fruition!

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Great job on the mock up. I like the incorporation of the uni-body style case. However I think it does make the phone look harshly rectangular

Fantastic job though.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
Nothing drastic, just moved some ports around and copied another

(MMS in file name is Mac Mini Server. Not Photoshopped)

Attachments

• MMS-v2.png
    MMS-v2.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.