Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
How would you compare it to Fallout 4?
It plays like Outer worlds but using the Fallout 3 engine. Your decisions open up or close off options, more so then in Fallout 4. The epilogue like outer worlds is someone talking about what happens afterwards, i.e., the NCR, the legion, etc. The more side quests you do, the more the epilogue plays.

I think Fallout NV is a nice game, similar in many respects to Fallout 3. both are not really open worlds, in the sense of Fallout 4 and skyrim, but they're open enough. I do prefer FO4 over NV and 3, the graphics, the story, the character development are all better in FO4

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
anyone see Todd Howard's hints about two unnannounced fallout projects? seems likely one is F3 remake, hopefully a remake and not a lazy remaster. And the other? unlikely to be FNV but could be...

"We look at what we're doing with the franchise and then we say, do we still feel good about--and I can't reveal it now--but here's our runway for the Fallout franchise: season two happening, what are we doing on mobile, what are we doing in 76?" He went on to hint at what may be unannounced Fallout projects, adding: "What are we doing with this thing, what are we doing with this other thing, and when are these landing?"

"If I could snap my fingers and have them be all out and ready, I would," Howard added. "But the main thing is how do I deliver these at a high quality level, that's always most important."

When discussing the possibility for collaborating with other studios, Howard said "we've always had those conversations." He continued to speak on the Prime Video TV show as one example, saying: "We did a lot of things for the show. It may seem like, hey, there isn't a big new game out, but we added content into 76 for the show, 76 has a really great map expansion that's coming this summer with Skyline Valley."

Reactions: Huntn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
hopefully a remake and not a lazy remaster. And the other? unlikely to be FNV but could be...
If I was a betting man, I'd say its only going to be remaster, but even a simple remaster with better graphics isn't lazy imo. While it would be disappointing, the work needed to rework a 16+ year old game is going to be sizable. Yes, I'd like to see something more but I don't think that will be the case.

As for New Vegas, I'm of the mind that Todd Howard (and/or Bethesda) hates NV because they didn't create it. Obsidian produced a great game and they got the credit not Bethesda.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
If I was a betting man, I'd say its only going to be remaster, but even a simple remaster with better graphics isn't lazy imo. While it would be disappointing, the work needed to rework a 16+ year old game is going to be sizable. Yes, I'd like to see something more but I don't think that will be the case.

As for New Vegas, I'm of the mind that Todd Howard (and/or Bethesda) hates NV because they didn't create it. Obsidian produced a great game and they got the credit not Bethesda.

main thing for me would be versions for PS4/5.

Reactions: maflynn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Now that last part makes me want to play it, which I have not, but have a copy of it. :D

Reactions: madeirabhoy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.