Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dzigg

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2007
Tried the game yesterday. Superior to the Xbox 360 on a hackintosh with 6850 Radeon. Everything set to max, 4xAA and High graphics went smooth. Having just ordered a 17 inch MBP, I hope it can retain the same settings.

If you're looking for a controller I highly recommend the Xbox 360 controller for Windows
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...N600/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317388800&sr=8-1

Driver for the controller
http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

You can also access the game from your Origin account, and download it through the Origin software for Windows, just like with Steam games.

Is this true?? so if I buy this through gametreemac, I'd get the windows version through orgin? how does this work exactly?

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Rooney, Donovan, and ???

I hope it's not a second ranked game.

Rafael Marquez, former Barcelona defender. Now plays for New York Red Bulls. They put a different cover on the game for different regions.

Got the game yesterday for my PS3. Man the new defensive system is hard!

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Rafael Marquez, former Barcelona defender. Now plays for New York Red Bulls. They put a different cover on the game for different regions.
Indeed – Rooney seems to be on all the versions, paired with a different soccerballer or two depending on the region. As you'll know, on the UK version he's alongside Arsenal's Jack Wilshere.

Zombie football.
That reminds me, there's an England international a week tonight...

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Wait until you see Scotland trying to break down Liechtenstein next Saturday. Then you'll know what zombie football is all about :)

Haha, could be a buzz kill after the 7th October..

Not holding my breath for any miracles though, especially after how crap Lithuania played against us.

pezasied182

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
Which game pad are you using then? I really want to use my PS3 wireless controller. I guess if it will not work any other way I might try to map the keys with controller mate IV. I use that program to program hot keys for online poker and other games.
Would much prefer it to work without controller mate though since it takes so long to set it up and even longer to get it just right.

Controller mate should be able to work, setting up the buttons is such a pain though. I did it for Portal 2.

And I am using a wired Xbox 360 controller, be forewarned that if you go that route though I was only able to get the official Microsoft controller to work, and not the MadCatz one.

marrzie

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
Controller mate should be able to work, setting up the buttons is such a pain though. I did it for Portal 2.

And I am using a wired Xbox 360 controller, be forewarned that if you go that route though I was only able to get the official Microsoft controller to work, and not the MadCatz one.

Ya controller mate is a pain. I usually have to run a youtube video or 2 constantly skipping back and forth trying to figure out what to do next. Even with a video tutorial its really hard. Well at least its possible. Ill give it a go and if nothing else I will just buy the xbox for windows controller. I hope the wireless one will suffice. Thanks for the tips.

pezasied182

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
Ya controller mate is a pain. I usually have to run a youtube video or 2 constantly skipping back and forth trying to figure out what to do next. Even with a video tutorial its really hard. Well at least its possible. Ill give it a go and if nothing else I will just buy the xbox for windows controller. I hope the wireless one will suffice. Thanks for the tips.

It can't be a wireless one unless you buy the receiver for the controller, which isn't Mac compatible so you have to tweak it a bit. Get a wired one, they're cheaper anyway.

josh88

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2009
Can you connect two controllers?

Is it possible to connect two controllers and play multiplayer with a friend? I'd love to be able to do this.

ydaf

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
I have the MS 360 wired controller and not all the buttons work. The left and right triggers don't work and the right analog stick doesn't either. I have the driver installed from tattiebogle and all the buttons and sticks work when I test it through that app. Even if I change button settings in the FIFA menu it doesn't work.

Does anybody have a fully functional 360 controller working under FIFA? If so, how did you get it to work properly? Thanks.

ivanhoe888

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
I have the MS 360 wired controller and not all the buttons work. The left and right triggers don't work and the right analog stick doesn't either. I have the driver installed from tattiebogle and all the buttons and sticks work when I test it through that app. Even if I change button settings in the FIFA menu it doesn't work.

Does anybody have a fully functional 360 controller working under FIFA? If so, how did you get it to work properly? Thanks.

I second this question...the specs only mention keyboard & mouse (which is silly, I think), so does any gamepad work with this? I have the wired 360 pad, by the way.

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
Do we really need a thread everytime a game is released for OS X?

If you're not interested in the subject of a thread, don't click on the thread and post in it.

I for one like to learn when a major game is released for Macs. It's not like this happens everyday. Most of the games for Macs to this point are for kids, so when something aimed at adults comes out, that's great for everyone.

pikathunder

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2011
I bought this game but its not running in my MBA 13" late 2010. It lags from the beginning, where I choose language, no matter how I change the settings.

4GB ram, Geforce 320M, Core2Duo 2.13GHz.

I don't expect the game would run smoothly, but it satisfies the system requirement.

Any ideas?

dzigg

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2007
I bought this game but its not running in my MBA 13" late 2010. It lags from the beginning, where I choose language, no matter how I change the settings.

4GB ram, Geforce 320M, Core2Duo 2.13GHz.

I don't expect the game would run smoothly, but it satisfies the system requirement.

Any ideas?

That's strange.. I would've thought it would run better on 2010 MBA's with its Geforce GPUs.. I have MBA 2011 13" and it run really good, my settings are 800x500 windowed, rendering set to low, MSAA off, basically the lowest setting on all, lol.. but hey, it runs pretty good,very playable.. tho there's seems to be a glitch with the grass rendering..

Vip

macrumors regular
May 8, 2008
Hmmm

So why is it not available via AppStore? Surely Apple would want this on there? Or is this something dodgy :rolleyes:

dakshjuneja

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
FIFA 12 now also on iOS

FIFA 12 has developed the game simultaneously for iOS also

Last edited by a moderator:

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Tried both the Mac version and the PC version.

Mac version is just a Cider port, and had trouble getting my USB controllers to work properly. Performance wasn't great either - it worked, but nothing special. Shadows on the pitch caused a great strain.

Running the PC version via Boot Camp, performance was far better and had no issues at all with my USB controllers. Still had to turn things down to get it to run smoothly, but could get away with higher quality than the Mac version.

Get the PC version and install it via Boot Camp. It is a bit of a pain having to reboot to play a game, but it'll run far better.

Tailpike1153

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2004
Bellevue, WA
Holy Hannigan! EA releasing a game for the Mac!!! I'm really happy that a big studio can take interest in the platform. Wouldn't mind if Bungie would remember its roots but that's a rant for another day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.