Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniels

macrumors member
May 13, 2006
Honestly, all I want is better 3G reception, fewer dropped calls, no more SMS and contacts lag.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Honestly, all I want is better 3G reception, fewer dropped calls, no more SMS and contacts lag.

I have noticed that the SMS lag comes from leaving the iPod app running. After I pause my iPod app, it seems to slow things down. Whenever I see the slow SMS typing, I switch to iPod and hold in the button until the iPod app quits. When I switch back to txt, the lag is gone...

stevearm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
Just keep your hopes down. My expectations are:
  • iTunes 8 with new visualizers
  • iPod shuffle color change only :rolleyes:
  • iPod nano as rumored
  • iPod classic price drop only
  • iPod touch price drop only
Anything more is a (really good) bonus.

I'd agree with that + 2.1 software. I'd imagine the ipod touch has a new shell + GPS. There's also that rumoured 'grid view' for itunes, and and...

oh hang on ;)

JRomero

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2006
Am I the only one here who could really care less about new visualizers for iTunes?

It's like "whoop-dee-doo" for me.

Oct 31, 2005
Yea, I don't get all the hype either. I don't think I have used the visualizer more than once... ever.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Just keep your hopes down. My expectations are:
  • iTunes 8 with new visualizers
  • iPod shuffle color change only :rolleyes:
  • iPod nano as rumored
  • iPod classic price drop only
  • iPod touch price drop only
Anything more is a (really good) bonus.

The touch will also see a slight redesign, and, I would guess, the end of the 8 GB model.

I think the classic could be killed off, but probably not unless a 64 GB touch is ready.

I also think a mac mini update that same day, but without any fanfare at the event, is possible.

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I'd settle for works as advertised .... ie. works as quick/smooth/seamless as it does in the ad's ... or failing that ... like it used to in <2.0

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I have noticed that the SMS lag comes from leaving the iPod app running. After I pause my iPod app, it seems to slow things down. Whenever I see the slow SMS typing, I switch to iPod and hold in the button until the iPod app quits. When I switch back to txt, the lag is gone...

Ooo hey, that worked great; thanks for the tip!

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

aross99 said:

Yeah, I found the iPod app works best on its own - no multi-tasking. When I listen to music, everything else is painfully slow. I wish Apple hadn't been so cheap with the amount of RAM on this thing.

robhedin

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2006
Likewise, push wouldn't be a "surprise" because it's bloody supposed to be in there!

Yes, but notification services (i.e. "push") was pulled from beta 4 (the last one) with the note "removed for further development". If this is included there will be no developers prepared to make use of it for a quite a while, and hence few (if any) apps. I suppose they could lock it to a few of the big guys (AOL and the like), but with the issues they've had with 2.0.x (and MobileMe) I'd think they'd really prefer a larger test base.

Personally, I'm expecting 2.1 to be mainly a bug fix release to stabilize the platform.

rob.

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
gives me money
cooks food
cleans my room

Those are sub features of an iLife add on, their are 3 different versions;

iGirlfriend; this is a cheap add on generally can cause drama and is known to uninstall it self if you are caught looking at iPr0n to much or @ the newer iHottie. Is upgradable to iWife with some $$$

iWife; Generally more stable then iGirlfriend, often comes with iBaby already installed. Good value overall. HOWEVER can interfere with iSports unless you install iShopping w/Friends extension.

iParents; Most YOUNGER people are familiar with this package. Generally you out grown this package by 21 years of age. UNLESS you still play WoW in the basement @ 30~years of age :eek:

maxrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
Jakarta
Some of what I think are the more outlandish rumors (doesn't necessarily mean they're incorrect or less likely to be true) and speculation are:
  • Mac tablet (~13")
  • Mac mid-tablet (~9")
  • iPhone OS mini-tablet (~5.5")

• People really need to get over this tablet crap. It will probably happen someday, but it's not going to happen for a long time. You people have been drooling over the idea for what, for or five years now?

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
mainly bug fixes....that's all you're going to get....
new designed ipod touches and nanos and other design changes... which Iphone users don't care...

iphone users waiting for "new features" will be very disappointed. I'll come back to this thread and say " I told you"....

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
^i REALLY hope your wrong..i want some new cool features :rolleyes:

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Of course their is gonna be an "Amazing Feature", but i think the secret behind this is so everyone updates. People are still on 2.0 when att/apple practically begged for use to update to 2.0.2 to help atts cell sites, now with an update that's worth it they will get all those people to update. I think that we will have apps with Push abilitys and the ability to run apps in the background so kids can drop there sidekicks and get a real phone.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

A much quicker SMS lag fix is to open Safari, then hit the home button, then open SMS. Works every time for me.

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
Flhusky,

The main problem with iWife is that uninstalling requires iLawyer ($$$) and even after uninstall, will still be a drag on your system resources.

Personally, I'm hoping for more cowbell.

Steve Jobs: "And one more thing. That thing we showed you when you first saw the new iPhone 3g, that push e-mail thing. Yeah, that's finally working...maybe. Thanks everyone, see you at MacWorld."

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
Flhusky,

The main problem with iWife is that uninstalling requires iLawyer ($$$) and even after uninstall, will still be a drag on your system resources.

Personally, I'm hoping for more cowbell.

Steve Jobs: "And one more thing. That thing we showed you when you first saw the new iPhone 3g, that push e-mail thing. Yeah, that's finally working...maybe. Thanks everyone, see you at MacWorld."

haha, yeah - "And one more thing. PUSH! (hold for applause) Oh wait, we already told you it was going to be there didn't we? Whoops. :eek:"

<End Keynote>

:D

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
the only way your getting anything iPhone related on the iPod touch would be if it plugged into the dock connector (ie GPS or SIM slot for data on the go) but i would doubt that.
They couldnt add MMS because of att right?? its not included in the plan? (go optus AU:D) i have never yet needed C&P as of yet but im sure i will use it if it is there

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
iPod Visulizations?

That would be a cool feature when the iPod Touch/iPhone is in the dock. :cool:

Just going to throw that out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.