Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rxmxsh

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Irvine, Ca
the only way your getting anything iPhone related on the iPod touch would be if it plugged into the dock connector (ie GPS or SIM slot for data on the go) but i would doubt that.
They couldnt add MMS because of att right?? its not included in the plan? (go optus AU:D) i have never yet needed C&P as of yet but im sure i will use it if it is there

Good point on the plan thing. I'm sure they could add it, and everyone who's been whining for it would pay without hesitation. I know I don't need or use it though.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
If jobs gives up MMS and copy and paste he can have my wife.

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
MMS
Cut & Paste
Functional GPS
Functional 3G
Apps w/Push abilities

Better battery life
no SMS lag

That should cover it all for now

I agree with all, except 3G works great already. I think the problems are very specific to a few people or locations

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
it's going to be big...ohhhh big big big big big BIG

Even if all the rumors came true, still wouldn't be big of a deal...

The only big thing I can think of is the fully functional GPS app....that's about it

all this hype will be for nothing...you'll see...

Oh Apple fixed 3G problems
Oh Apple introduced "copy and paste" ohhh wow!!
Oh my gawd, now we can have push for apps....

They should have been there since the first day..Nobody's buying apple's hype anymore....pffft..

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
If jobs gives up MMS and copy and paste he can have my wife.

The new update will include copy but it will not include paste. :D
You can copy all you want. Heck, if you have the 16GB, you can copy 16GB worth of text from Safari !!! Wooohooo! :D You just won't be able to paste anything. :confused:

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
I want to be able to save files into folders and be able to attach files to emails and upload attachments when posting on forums. Also, a wordpad/notepad program (like on Win XP) would be very useful.
Heck, a word processing program that can open ".doc" files from MS Word and allow BASIC editing would be awesome! and it would be a HUGE selling point to business customers.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
good point

I just came to a startling discovery! Maybe PUSH actually WILL be enabled in 2.1 on Tuesday... You know how I know?

AIM's servers stopped working on the iPhone AIM app today... maybe they're preparing for the big PUSH update that will be announced on Tuesday and a new version of AIM will be released with it. Why else would AIM be down right now?

Good thinking. I've had AIM on and off for a few days now.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
My predictions are / What I really want it to include:

- "Talking" GPS (Yes please)
- Copy/Paste (YES PLEASE)
- Send/Receive via Bluetooth (I really hope)
- No more keyboard lag (PLEASE!)
- MMS (would be good but don't really care for it)

Most of all I hope its something worth all the hype

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
We'll get a preview of 2.1 and then it will get a release date of the last day of September, possibly October if we use Apple's delays as our guide.

As for secret features, I'm not getting my hopes up. PUSH isn't a secret feature. They announced that months ago. I'd be happy to see iChat native app built in with PUSH, but I suppose AIM will be the same once it gets PUSH. MMS would be nice, but I just want better battery life and 3G reception that works.Copy/Paste would be nice, but I'm not expecting it.

Overall, I expect we see no new features except PUSH and it'll be release late September.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I have noticed that the SMS lag comes from leaving the iPod app running. After I pause my iPod app, it seems to slow things down. Whenever I see the slow SMS typing, I switch to iPod and hold in the button until the iPod app quits. When I switch back to txt, the lag is gone...

That might be true, since I never use the iPod function, and I've also never experienced the SMS lag that people complain about.

As for my predictions: my three greatest hopes for 2.1 are

Copy/paste
MMS
Add SMS functions such as delete parts of a conversation, not just all or none, and forwarding.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Quality?

Seriously, I'd be happy with just that. The new iPhone OS really stinks.

iPhelim

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
I'd really love iWork edit support, video recording and perhaps something being done with bluetooth. It'll be nice to see how well this 'push' feature works. Probably either be awful or so good and consistent that it will drive me mad and I'll have to turn it off.

I really do wish they would explain why there is no option to utilise bluetooth. That would be my number one question to ask someone high-up at Apple, perhaps they're worried about it being a port for malicious software etc...

sibruk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
UK+US
iPod Visulizations?

That would be a cool feature when the iPod Touch/iPhone is in the dock. :cool:

Just going to throw that out there.
What is it with excitement around visualisations?! If that's the big announcement on Tuesday, I swear I will never get excited about an Apple event again.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I'd really love iWork edit support, video recording and perhaps something being done with bluetooth. It'll be nice to see how well this 'push' feature works. Probably either be awful or so good and consistent that it will drive me mad and I'll have to turn it off.

I really do wish they would explain why there is no option to utilise bluetooth. That would be my number one question to ask someone high-up at Apple, perhaps they're worried about it being a port for malicious software etc...
No, they don't want users to be able to send/receive music and apps they haven't paid for.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
What is it with excitement around visualisations?! If that's the big announcement on Tuesday, I swear I will never get excited about an Apple event again.
QFT.

Although, I could care less about ANYTHING new - all I want is a 2.1 release that brings speed and stability to the iPhone 3G. I'm sick of having to wait 19 minutes to install/upgrade apps; with 80+ apps installed, it now takes 19 minutes to install a new one or upgrade an existing one. I have three apps waiting to be updated right now, but I don't have time to sync for an hour to do it (19 minutes x 3 apps) ...

Anyway, it would be GREAT if Apple would fix what they've already released instead of just adding more buggy features onto such a flawed base.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.