Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
Guys, I really cannot understand what your problem with Kutcher and his role in this movie is... really. I saw him just once in Butterfly Effect in which he acted pretty well IMO. ...Noah Wyle doesn't look at ALL like Steve.

Ok - I think it's probably more the movie itself grabbing my attention, but yes, I didn't mind Kutch in that role. Thing about him is, every movie he "acts" in, he acts Asthon Kutcher.

Noah had more resemblance than Kutcher... I'm sure he tricked plenty when he pretended to be Jobs at MacWorld 99...

waldobushman

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Post production big time

Compared to the last preview they sent out earlier this year, this trailer is much better. How can that be?

1) Did they bring in Kutcher to voice-over his own dialog to make it less Kelso?
2) Did they hire a voice actor to voice-over Kutcher's part?
3) Did they finally find a few cuts from the movie that seemed tolerable?

Ram27

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
Obviously typeface isn't a pressing issue.

They should've used Helvetica or Myriad Pro.

It looks pretty good though, much better than that ****** parody one.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
looks alot more promising than the teaser that was released back in the winter . then again I watched "Killing Them Softly" last night and that film completely sucked but the trailer was killer.

beaniemyman

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
wow, looks a lot better now, this will definitely prove a true blockbuster. the music is awesome by the way.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
it's better to watch than read. and by the way i'll do whatever i want.
lol ok no need to take it so personally it's just a suggestion considering you want to learn about his challenges and successes you'd be better off with a biography as opposed to a movie with a unique story.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Compared to the last preview they sent out earlier this year, this trailer is much better. How can that be?

1) Did they bring in Kutcher to voice-over his own dialog to make it less Kelso?
2) Did they hire a voice actor to voice-over Kutcher's part?
3) Did they finally find a few cuts from the movie that seemed tolerable?

Honestly though? Go watch Jobs when he was younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEQc_LhurUk

Kutcher even SOUNDS like Jobs when he was younger. It's kinda creepy!

Digital Dude

macrumors 65816
At first I was a bit skeptical in that Ashton Kutcher sucks as and actor on 'Two and a Half Men'. His performance is soOoo bad that I couldn't see him doing anything more than a ShamWow commercial. However, the movie trailer does look pretty good so I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

zoetmb

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Looks like a good flick. Definitely not a summer block buster though.

That's because to be a summer blockbuster, it has to have robots, zombies, lots of explosions, tons of CGI, an illogical yet simple plot and a teal color palate.

People always talk about whether a film is a financial success. I couldn't care less. I only care about whether a film is good, not whether some hyperactive idiot went to see it or not.

In the end, I doubt whether this film will be good in the sense that it probably won't teach us anything about Steve that we don't already know. But it will probably have enough of the signature moments to make us nostalgic. Just seeing the old character-based display of the Apple II and the old rainbow Apple logo at a trade show made me smile. I do however agree that Kutcher was not enough of an actor to modify his speaking style one bit to sound more like Steve. Also, while I can picture Steve seething with rage, I picture that as a slow burn, not an actual outward scream as you see in this trailer. That seems to me as if Kutcher could not express the emotions needed in a more subtle way.

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Obviously typeface isn't a pressing issue.

They should've used Helvetica or Myriad Pro.

It looks pretty good though, much better than that ****** parody one.

Apple's been much more than just those two typefaces you mention. Garamond? Chicago? Helvetica Neue Extra Light?

I didn't mind that the trailor didn't parrot any of Apple's choices. The typeface used seemed fresh and clean enough, which is what Apple's choices have always been about to me.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Love the Trailer, can't wait for this one. When I first heard about it I thought they would just be doing the early years but it looks like it goes up to the iPad launch, maybe further.

Pirates of Silicon Valley is a good movie, for it's time.

It will be available on blu-ray?

Over Steven dead cold... oh wait :lol:

I would be fitting to be released on iTunes first.

nikaru

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2009
I dont like it. It dosent seems right. Steve was a iconic figure and they must push harder in order to achive even a bit of similarity. I wont watch it. I prefer to conserve his image as I knew him when he was alive instead of replacing him with the face of Ashton. I know everything I need to know about SJ to not have interest in that movie. When the times come for a better movie and not just a fast wow production, I may change my mind. Maybe in 20 years someone will remember his legcy and make a good movie, but inspired by that legacy and not the possability to make a profit with the image of someone who passed away so recently.

topper24hours

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
I wouldn't necessarily like to see the story up to his cancer battle.. but 2000 seems premature. I feel like the next decade saw him his most driven, dynamic, almost megalomaniac.. certainly most outspoken, powerful, and interesting. Am I wrong, here..??! =/

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
I dont like it. It dosent seems right. Steve was a iconic figure and they must push harder in order to achive even a bit of similarity. I wont watch it. I prefer to conserve his image as I knew him when he was alive instead of replacing him with the face of Ashton. I know everything I need to know about SJ to not have interest in that movie. When the times come for a better movie and not just a fast wow production, I may change my mind. Maybe in 20 years someone will remember his legcy and make a good movie, but inspired by that legacy and not the possability to make a profit with the image of someone who passed away so recently.

Watch it & hopefully enjoy it. That's what I'll be doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.