Foam covers for earphone buds

Discussion in 'iPod' started by PixelSmith, Nov 22, 2006.

1. PixelSmith macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Probably a dumb question but here goes: Does anyone know where you can acquire the little foam covers that fit over the iPod headphone buds? I can't find anywhere that sells them separately to the earphones themselves and I don't really need new headphones, just some new covers... cause mine are ahem, very manky.

Thanks in advance,

Pixel

2. Bali Cockfight macrumors regular

They sell them in the apple store. They're $6 a pair, I think. After I found out about the price, I decided to go bareback on my earbuds.

3. Heath macrumors regular

Another possible solution

You can wash them if they aren't to the point of having holes etc.
    Just a dab of dishsoap, wet them and rub between your fingers for a bit, rinse and ta-done!
    I would prefer that to shelling out $6 I think.

4. Bali Cockfight macrumors regular

Mine have BIG holes. :mad:

5. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

I might have some extras that I could drop in the mail for you. I'll check when I get home from work. PM me and we'll work out the details.

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I think they go for more than $6, but you get 5 pairs or so, different colors.

7. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Who says that PixelSmith is a man?

9. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

radio shack carries just the covers- also, many authorized resellers- (not Apple Stores) sell them. I know my local mac shop does.

Did you do an online search...here

I am sure the headphones are not worth much- but there are covers for 1.49.
    and here

This thread says they are around a buck at Radio Shack! Thread

10. PixelSmith thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, my first post in ages on this forum and an overwhelming response. On some other forums I use (for subject areas other than Mac) I would have had this sort of query ousted by the moderators as unworthy.

...why on earth didn't I think of washing them? I must be low on lateral thinking lately. I appreaciate the alternative options served up by the rest of you guys - I will keep them in mind for when the covers really do develop holes;)

Just hope it doesn't look like I'm in position to wash the dishes, may conjure up some false expectations.

Thanks!

Pixel

11. appleman123 macrumors newbie

I have some extra pairs that i could let go for about $2 a pair shipped and im sure if you posted this in the market pl;ace you would get a lot of freedback! Let me know if you want it, not trying to make any money, just trying to cover my costs and shipping and help someone out!