Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foot56

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
I want you to try a couple of things based off what about to say. Today when I was around my house doing the normal everyday thing my phone at this time would have between 3-4 bars. As soon as I touched the left side slowly my phone dropped connection. (We all know this) Now the interesting part is today I was driving around and stoped by my local coffee shop. I looked at my phone and sure enough it was blue with full five bars. I tried every angle to touch the left side and guess what I could not get it to drop any bars. So I guess my point of this post is to see if people have tired this test in different spots just not around their office or home. I believe this issue is more widespread then customers are willing to admit or at least test.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
It's true, in areas that I have a full signal in the bars stay at 5 bars or drop just one. At home where my signal is much weaker, I have the problem.

michlc88

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
That's exactly how it was for me as well. At home, when my hand is on the bottom left of the phone, the bars would drop, but as I was driving to my local Apple Store to purchase a bumper, I tried to replicate the issue and my phone stayed at around 4-5 bars.

jb007clone

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2006
This has been known since yesterday. Average to weak signal reception exacerbates the issue.

paulisme

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
Charleston, SC
Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.