Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kiirk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Until all these REPORTED problems popped up, making me paranoid and convincing they are real? Scaremongering IS scary!

I mean, I found nothing wrong until I see these problems and I need to go and recreate them to see if mine is faulty too...

I have to get my hands in a weird position to recreate an antenna problem, which only works in about 1/20 attempts.

chriskzoo

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2005
Pretty much the same here. Then again, I don't really expect my cell phone (or any wireless device) to function properly 100% of the time. I don't live on my cell phone (and rarely get dropped calls), but if a call drops, no big deal, I just call back.

amtrucker22

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2008
Until all these REPORTED problems popped up, making me paranoid and convincing they are real? Scaremongering IS scary!

I mean, I found nothing wrong until I see these problems and I need to go and recreate them to see if mine is faulty too...

I have to get my hands in a weird position to recreate an antenna problem, which only works in about 1/20 attempts.

I am with you... Great post!

gloomcookie1

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Same here...I was able to sort of reproduce it at home which is by an airport but here at work I get full bars and grasp the phone completely in my hand and it doesn't do jack.

I'm happy :)

c5ride

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Agreed, I'm not an Apple fanatic, but I did love my 3GS and I really love the 4. I have had ZERO reception issues or any other issues for that matter. I may be one of the lucky ones, but seriously, no issues what so ever. Oh, and my phone has no bumper.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
I totally agree with you guys. I have to have the phone in a awkward position to recreate the loss of signal. I think my phone is perfect so far. I think my bedroom walls are made of titanium or something that makes it a deadzone for anyone who dares to make a call from it...lol...but I'm satisfied with the product. It does what they advertise it to do except being white so far..lol...I'm loving it

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
I think a lot of it has to do with the ambient signal strength in your area. In my bedroom, where I can see an AT&T tower just off in the distance, I can only reproduce it some of the time.

Everywhere else in my town where I usually see 3-4 out of 5 3G bars, it's 100% reproducible, to the point where the phone isn't even usable without a case. Just reaching in my pocket and sliding it out is enough to knock the service out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.