Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technicsdj

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that you just completely made that up. Your not helping the rumor war we got going on here. December isnt likely, doesn't give consumers enough time to review the device for those holiday shoppers we have out there. Anything for the holidays will be released a month or two before.

Yea I know. Why the hell would Apple release the iPhone at the end of the quarter? That would be a dumb move.

Castiel

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
This is honestly getting ridicules. We are supposed to have this phone in our hands this month or next month, yet we don't know jack **** about it.

How can Apple expect to keep this up? They will eventually loose customers if they keep this up.
Apparently you missed the part in this article about 150k units a day? :p

technicsdj

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
I have read pretty much all replies. I do have to say that Apple doesn't set trends. They basically distinguish themselves from everyone else. Why would Apple be suing Samsung over patents if they wanted them to follow their trend? Most of the people say if Apple does ____ or ____ then they will convert to Android. Thats horse sh**. Every Android phone I have seen has horrible and I mean HORRIBLE battery life. I admit I use my iPhone a lot. But I dont charge my iPhone nearly as much as people do with their Android phones. Oh it won't even affect Apple if you do go to Android. Apple sells millions of iPhones in short periods of time. Apple will deliver and will always deliver the best products in that specific category.

Waiting to Pre-Order the new iPhone!

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
As much as I want the iPhone 5 to finally be announced by Apple, and I REALLY want this to happen. My iPad 2 is just begging for iOS5, and some split keyboard action!

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I have read pretty much all replies. I do have to say that Apple doesn't set trends. They basically distinguish themselves from everyone else. Why would Apple be suing Samsung over patents if they wanted them to follow their trend? Most of the people say if Apple does ____ or ____ then they will convert to Android. Thats horse sh**. Every Android phone I have seen has horrible and I mean HORRIBLE battery life. I admit I use my iPhone a lot. But I dont charge my iPhone nearly as much as people do with their Android phones. Oh it won't even affect Apple if you do go to Android. Apple sells millions of iPhones in short periods of time. Apple will deliver and will always deliver the best products in that specific category.

Waiting to Pre-Order the new iPhone!

I charge my iPhone every day. That's not something I want to do.

technicsdj

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
in all honestly Im still waiting on what apple has to offer for the new phone, but am very scepticle as to if it will be up to snuff...

1) have had ios 5 beta 7 installed for a while and really, not much new or exciting, imessenger is the same as texting, twitter integration a absolute waste of their time, the new notification system is cool but boring when you have had it since ios 3.1.3 jailbroken... Nothing new but needs new specs

iMessenger is pretty much the same as texting. But, with iMessenger you can dump texting on your cell phone plan. That is huge. Also, you can message over WiFi as well as your network.

----------

I charge my iPhone every day. That's not something I want to do.

So what do you want? Do you want the iPhone to have a massive battery so you dont have to charge it daily? Then everyone would complain how bulky it is.

ModerateFKR

macrumors member
May 10, 2011
I don't know about Foxconn, but MacRumors seems like it's hitting 150,000 Rumors per day. Can't we consolidate all of these into a single "We have nothing really of value to say, but let's post it anyway" tab ?

Seriously, at this point, the iPhone 5 is a 2.5" device with a 5" screen, it has a tapered and very slim design that is the same as the iPhone 4's case with a LTE world chip available in seperate GSM and CDMA models with only HSPA+ running off a single core Cortex A8 processor that is the A5 found in the iPad 2.

(Yes, I know none of that makes sense... kind of the point of what I'm trying to say).

It's to the point where it's not even rumors anymore, it's just idle speculation about everything, nothing and anything Apple could do.

What part of this report didn't you recognise as just what t is? Rumours are by nature subject to a degree of speculation. Apple is famous for being a ship that doesn't leak from the top.

However, I've learned a great deal from this article. But then I don't walk about with plugs in my ears, blinkers on my eyes, a sour expression on my face and my finger up my nether passage, as I extract pointless trollbate...

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I used to charge my 3GS once every other day. With my iPhone 4, is it everyday.

I probably only use the iPhone maximum of 3 hours every day in total of a 24 hour period.

podiki

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
Lagovouni
My next company phone will be an iPhone 5. Already told my company I want it without knowing specs or capabilities. ;)

Have to pay the gap between the standard phone and the iPhone 5 myself, but hey, still nice.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
iMessenger is pretty much the same as texting. But, with iMessenger you can dump texting on your cell phone plan. That is huge. Also, you can message over WiFi as well as your network.

----------

u were able to do this since day one ... its called "Whats App" and is also platform independent and no iOS only bs

Don't buy a smartphone then.

yet the same people don't want amazing features like LTE to safe battery life. who seriously can care about battery anymore when u have to charge it every day anyway. i rather have great features than a battery that lasts 1,5 days instead of 1

junjunior

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2011
iphone 5 or 5s may will looks like this..

iphone 5 or 5s may will looks like this..
progressing thicknes and bigger touchscreen
:)

Attachments

• iphone5s.jpg
    iphone5s.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 61

yrsued

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
Peoria, AZ
As i mentioned in another post, i think apple may not do the usual press invite and media event. I can see them doing a "direct from infinite loop" streaming event. They don't need the press there, everyones on the edge of their seat waiting for any kind of news anyway.

I think you might have a point there too.

We have a new CEO, new way of thinking.

With the state of the economy, they might not want to spend lots of money on a Keynote Speech they could do live from HQ and save tons of money.

yrsued

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Every Android phone I have seen has horrible and I mean HORRIBLE battery life.

And that is due to the horrible Android OS that comes jam packed with Bloatware Apps that start on their own, even after you turn them off and you can't delete them from the phone unless you root the phone and void your warranty. I have a Droid Incredible and I can't wait to get rid of it, NOW!!

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I sure hope this is everything we want it to be. It's headed to Sprint and VZW with their 4G networks... The iPhone 5 needs to really hit a home run. Steve stepped down and the next product to come after him should really be a "WOW! Everything we wanted!!!" kind of product. At least from a business and stock perspective.

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Yes, a bigger screen is a big feature in 2011...for those who actually want a bigger screen. But we don't all want that. I don't, nor does my wife, or any of our other friends with iPhones.

I don't doubt that you need the larger screen and believe it to be necessary, but you act as though most people agree with you. I doubt that you would even have a majority of MacRumors members who would agree with this, much less the millions of average users out there who don't post on tech forums.

OK so you can get the 4s with the rinky-dink screen and we will get the iPhone 5 with the 4 " screen.;)

voonyx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
And that is due to the horrible Android OS that comes jam packed with Bloatware Apps that start on their own, even after you turn them off and you can't delete them from the phone unless you root the phone and void your warranty. I have a Droid Incredible and I can't wait to get rid of it, NOW!!

With Android all you have to do is turn off wifi, bluetooth, GPS, autosync, auto brightness, 4G and widgets and you will have good battery life.

i hope moto/google start making a phone together...hardware/software integration is a must.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.