Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
doofy said:
i made a little remeo plugin its not great but it works..
im trying to find out how to use the little joystick on my phone to browse trough the menu's

anyway here's my romeo plugin for frontrow

What's a Romeo?

Can I set up my BT Moto e815 phone as a remote? I thought the iMac remote was IR?

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
doofy said:
romeo is a programm for the mac to use your mobile phone as an remote
check it out http://www.irowan.com/romeo/

ohh ok cool. So how do I make that script you wrote work with my phone?

edit-- romeo finds my phone but won't connect to it. Is this b/c Verizon disables most of the OBEX profiles?

lpshean

macrumors regular
May 30, 2005
Daveway said:
But, damn it can be slow to load some stuff. I think it has to launch the app to load content from it.

Anyone have trouble playing music? I keep getting an error.

Yeah... why cant mine play music?? I get an error! And yeah, its alright to use it with a keyboard.

Edit: IT WORKS! Haha. Restarted my iTunes and it works perfectly. I love the sound effects when you launch the music icon.
Edit2: It doesnt work anymore. Damn. Wonder why.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Lacero said:
It appears Apple worked hard to make this program difficult to copy, by hiding it in all sorts of odd places no normal person could know.
Doesn't that sound like Microsoft? ;)

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
A friend of mine is running it on a 17" iMac G5 1GB RAM 1.8GHz. Everything works fine except DVD Player. I may try this on my 12" PB when I get home. I have a new 1.9GHz iMac on the way, now I'm more excited to get it and play around with Front Row.
My friend can't seem to access video_ts files though....it would be nice if you could go into DVD player and look for these files instead of a DVD disk so you can save lots of movies to your hard drive and access them when you want them.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
fowler. said:
heh, hit esc

Somehow, I got front row working without moding my system at all.

Someone sent me a zip that said don't install the framework, so I just dragged the App to my folder, opened it. Then, it idled. It said I could only activate it with a remote, so I pressed every key on my keyboard, and ESC activated it!

Here's pictures attached!

Attachments

• PA220005.JPG
    PA220005.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 172
  • PA220004.JPG
    PA220004.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 166

celebi23

macrumors regular
May 31, 2004
CT
attatched is a really helpful guide i found on the unofficial Apple Weblog

Attachments

• guide.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,245

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
ITASOR said:
Somehow, I got front row working without moding my system at all.

Someone sent me a zip that said don't install the framework, so I just dragged the App to my folder, opened it. Then, it idled. It said I could only activate it with a remote, so I pressed every key on my keyboard, and ESC activated it!

Here's pictures attached!

those are lovey pics u got there

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Sorry... no links on how to download this or requests to send it to you.

arn

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
not on my v3

fowler. said:
anyone have luck with salling clicker?
Yeah, it doesn't support the V3, and i checked out the forums. The creator said he isn't supporting the v3, v600 and basically all the motorola phone except for 3 of them. sucks.

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
Can someone send me their frameworks? The folder tat you had to replace, I accidentally replaced it and didnt back it up. And i already deleted Front Row, can someone please send me their normal frameworks? (Not the one that came with front row)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
celebi23 said:
attatched is a really helpful guide i found on the unofficial Apple Weblog

NO! You don't have to do all that. I can't say ANYTHING on here, because I don't want to get in trouble. DO NOT edit your framework files and stuff. Here's just a little run down on what I did.

Open Front Row
Click on it in dock
Press ESC

That's IT. This must be a special version or something crazy, I don't know. It had no instructions or anything, I just figured that out by pressing tons of keys. Of course space works for play/pause in the music part and stuff too.

Programs runs SMOOTH on my iBook and EFFORTLESSLY on a Dual 2.3 G5.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
it seems there are lots of versions loose on the internet - (and downloadable by many respectable websites)

maybe this may force apple to put front row out as a offical download ?

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
zen.state said:
mplayer, iphoto, dvd player and itunes give you everything and more..

its just eye candy without the remote.

Functionally, it's just a skin for those applications -- a UI that weaves them together.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Apple probably released this and included a worm to slowly eat through your system, thereby destroying it and requiring you to buy a new iMac. :)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
xli_ne said:
man this hack came out quickly

so where is the photo booth hack too?:D

Photobooth apparently works on any Mac with a video camera.

arn

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
"a cracked version of Apple's Front Row application is being distributed over the internet."

Doesn't seem like news to me.

We KNOW Apple has SOME plan for Front Row. Maybe not a huge one, maybe not something we've thought of. Maybe it will spread to other Macs. This crack doesn't tell us anything more.

And we KNOW the app could run in theory on other Macs, if Apple chose. Nothing new there.

So all that's new here is the piracy. It's Apple's work, and it's Apple's right to choose WHEN and for HOW MUCH $ they will sell that work. Or if they wish to give it away. Up to them.

I hope it becomes part of iLife, and that the remote is added to more Macs in future. But I have no interest in promoting cracking the software before.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
I think this is interesting;
OS X 10.4.3 users: Just run Front Row.app or copy to /System/Library/CoreServices/ and reboot.

OS X 10.4.2 (and older?) users: Copy BezelServices.framework to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/, reboot, run Front Row.app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.