Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumblebritches5

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2012
Michigang
Something's wrong when a parody is better than then real thing, and when Woz looks like a parody in the real thing, srsly what the **** was going through their heads?

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
i just want something that is believable and true to jobs' life

You better wait for the Sorkin movie then, or watch any of his live interviews. ;)

----------

Nice Justin Long. Bite the hand that fed you. Hardly anyone knew or cared who the Eff you were until Apple put your face on commercials and made you famous. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the real world. :)

----------

Now THIS is a Steve Jobs movie that I am actually interested to watch!

The others seem like mere retellings of familiar stories, with nothing new or interesting or insightful about them.

I have high hopes for this one.

You actually know almost nothing about any of them, but thanks for sharing. :)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
uh... ok

is this suppose to be funny, coz i ain't laughing .. :mad:

This looks nothing nothing like Steve Jobs...

The hairs all wrong.

This is almost as bad as the that movie :p

wolfshades

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I'm not one of those "OMG I LUV STEVEJOBS!" types, but making a movie to "make fun of" a man who died two years ago is really, really insensitive. Not to mention the fact that the joke is that they didn't even research his life before making the "biopic."

I hope it's in good taste.

Of course it won' t be in good taste. It's Funny or Die.

Which means it'll be hilarious. Can't wait to see it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I dunno -- I get the feeling it's going to be an hour of iCliches that were original when they first hit YouTube years ago.

Likely scenario on the Jobs flix -- one movie that's suppose to be funny and isn't and another thats suppose to be serious and is laughable.

Beerstalker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2011
Peoria, IL
Nice Justin Long. Bite the hand that fed you. Hardly anyone knew or cared who the Eff you were until Apple put your face on commercials and made you famous. :rolleyes:

You're kidding right?

By the time these commercials started he had already been in around a dozen movies, and a couple TV shows. In a few of the movies (Dodgeball, Herbie Fully Loaded, and Waiting...) he was one of the main characters. He also starred in Accepted, which filmed before the commercials started airing, but was released to theaters shortly after.

If anything I think him being a recognizable actor from movies and TV made the ads more noticeable at first.

jasvncnt

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
I'm not one of those "OMG I LUV STEVEJOBS!" types, but making a movie to "make fun of" a man who died two years ago is really, really insensitive. Not to mention the fact that the joke is that they didn't even research his life before making the "biopic."

I hope it's in good taste.

Oh just let it go already. Get over it. Yes, its a shame he died. Just like when any other person dies.
Im excited to see this one!

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
In the same year, 2 Steve Jobs movies are released, and the one starring Ashton Kutcher is not the comedy.

Has the world gone mad?

----------

Anyone else think he looks like Don Cheadle in whiteface makeup?

Looks more like Seth Green to me.

alfonsog

Contributor
Jul 17, 2002
Cape Coral, FL
Justin Long is a nice guy, I met him a few years ago in New York at a small piano bar where he he came up to me and a friend and introduced himself... "Hi, I'm Justin." He attempted to sing some songs... badly. He's been in quite a few movies. I'm sure this project will be more funny than fact!

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
You're kidding right?

By the time these commercials started he had already been in around a dozen movies, and a couple TV shows. In a few of the movies (Dodgeball, Herbie Fully Loaded, and Waiting...) he was one of the main characters. He also starred in Accepted, which filmed before the commercials started airing, but was released to theaters shortly after.

If anything I think him being a recognizable actor from movies and TV made the ads more noticeable at first.

Before the Apple ads, never heard of him, never noticed him and I'm a big movie buff. I'm not a fan of that type of comedy. I never said he was an out of work actor or was a loser before Apple. Be honest about it, and you know this, he was much more iconic after the Apple ads. You can defend it all you want but it's the plain truth. Funny how people are quick to defend Justin Long but Ashton Kutcher who's face is the media much more than Justin Long is kicked to the curb here in regards to the Jobs movie.

----------

Oh just let it go already. Get over it. Yes, its a shame he died. Just like when any other person dies.
Im excited to see this one!

Easy to say, but how would you feel if it was someone close to you from your family that died and after just a year movie studios are ready to do a movie (that most likely won't be accurate) about them. Especially in this case where it's suppose to be a comedy? To the public and the media it's entertainment, to the close family members it's a kick in the stomach.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Before the Apple ads, never heard of him, never noticed him and I'm a big movie buff. I'm not a fan of that type of comedy. I never said he was an out of work actor or was a loser before Apple. Be honest about it, and you know this, he was much more iconic after the Apple ads. You can defend it all you want but it's the plain truth. Funny how people are quick to defend Justin Long but Ashton Kutcher who's face is the media much more than Justin Long is kicked to the curb here in regards to the Jobs movie.

----------

Easy to say, but how would you feel if it was someone close to you from your family that died and after just a year movie studios are ready to do a movie (that most likely won't be accurate) about them. Especially in this case where it's suppose to be a comedy? To the public and the media it's entertainment, to the close family members it's a kick in the stomach.

1. YOUR experience. YOUR opinion. You don't think Justin was known or recognizable. Other people differ in opinion.

2. How close were you with Steve? Because it sounds like you're taking personal offense to this as if someone is "kicking" you in the stomach. Unless you're a family member - it's almost offensive you would put yourself in their position about this and have this visceral of a reaction.

Seriously?

Last edited:

nofear1az

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2003
AZ

Then that's just YOU! I've personally heard of Justin Long...long before the Apple ads. I've seen him in the TV show 'Ed', i've seen him in Jeepers Creepers, Dodgeball, Accepted, Drag Me Down to Hell... and he's been in plenty more of that. So, I wouldn't say he was only famous after the Apple ads but it sure has probably helped him to become more well known than prior.

Just because you don't know about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :eek:

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
LOL. I'm watching this!
Is there going to be a scene where Steve Jobs convinces Justin Long to do the I'm a Mac commercials?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.