Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by WinterMute
Thats serious product placement, I wonder if they are still following the Good guys with Macs, Bad guys with PCs ethic that seemed to work in the first two shows?

I think that it is an updated version of the old Westerns when the good guy always wore a white hat and the bad guy wore a black hat.

Just very proud whenever I see a Mac in a movie or on TV. Much better that the Mac be represented by the good guy. Important to keep up a reputation!

Richter

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2003
FL
there was one episode of the Drew Carrey Show that dealt ith Drew wanting to get married. One scene was in his office all all the workers were using flat panel iMacs

:)

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
guys, guys, guys....

Apple products appear in TV shows and movies because apple pays for the product placement.

For the exposure they get in a single episode of "24," apple pays Fox more than any of our annual salaries.

It's just part of show biz.

If you were really looking carefully, you would have noticed the Dell laptops in that same office, as well...

That sort of govt. agency wouldn't use apples. If they did, we'd have a bigger share of the national computer market than the current 3.5%

They didn't put the G5 in there because it was cool. They put it in there, like the Dell machines, because they got endorsement money.

It's like being excited because they show the new F150 in the same show, when Ford paid HUGE money to get virtually exclusive vehicle exposure shots.

Everything you see in that episode is a ford, lincoln, mercury, or jaguar product...unless the brand logos and distinguishing characteristics are not visible on camera.

I personally would rather Apple spend all that money on better RAM and graphics cards for their computers. Why does the DP 2GHz G5 have what is considered last year's mid-level PC graphics card (9600 pro) with HALF the standard memory(64 instead of 128)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.