Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, I don't see the point in arguing with a poster because they hate a certain company, really is their opinion going to change because of this? And why do you care so much?

As for "hating" a company, I can understand that to a point. I get hating a product or policy or service, and hating a company is fine as long as people don't forget that these large companies are comprised of thousands of employees getting paid to pay their bills.

I remember when Blockbuster was going out of business and I was there to pick up some cheap movies. There was another person there that was just ecstatic they were going out of business, they were talking about how they ripped off customers with late fees and how they put smaller mom and pop video places out of business and how the world is a better place without them. All the while completely ignoring the 5 employees there who lost their jobs.

I guess what I'm saying is hate the company to the point where you don't buy their products, but not to the point where you "root" against them and take glee in thousands of people losing their jobs.

Reactions: Klyster and MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I honestly don't understand the hate at all. Then I don't understand the counter of 'loving' a company and putting them on a pedestal either.

To feel so passionate that you would use the descriptors 'love' and 'hate' to describe how much you personally feel about a company, which is a dissipationate entity that exists solely to generate revenue for its owner's, workers or investors; just seems very odd to me.

I've had products fail from all manufacturers, I've had good and bad service from them all too. But even when I've had great service or lousy experience, I would never describe feeling such extreme emotions of 'hate' or 'love' ...

I find this all very strange.

Indeed where this thread has ended up going is even stranger. We've moved so far from the topic at hand it's baffling. Your literally arguing about nothing peeps. Absolutely nothing .....

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I could trade insults with you. But I won't.

Why would I stop using a device and platform that work for me because of a chip and a display? My iPhone is more than a list of components. It is a whole package that includes hardware and a platform. If Apple stopped using Samsung parts it would still create the same platform and device that I prefer albeit with a different part.

For those who look at a list of hardwares and benchmarks this is critical. For me, it is irrelevant. Because it's how Apple IMPLEMENTS their solution that I care about. Surely the Galaxy and the Note were all brimming with Samsung parts and they were 100% failures to me.

My experience with my device, inclusive of hardware, OS implementation, and platform is what I care about.

And I again WHY would I trust a company that has given me a dead freezer, a dead washer, and multiple useless after the first release devices? THAT IS daft. THAT would be stupidity. THAT would be hypocritical.

I'm reading here of people's refusal to return a virtual ticking time bomb, oooooooooo because it's a Note 7, and I'm being called daft and hypocritical. That's rich.

Look, choose Samsung until the cows come home. Let Samsung make tons of money. ButI won't give them one more little penny. They won't make their millions over my pittance of a contribution.

I'll go Apple.

And I'll continue to hope for a Samsung free phone.

I think what he is trying to say (in a much harsher tone) is that if you trust apple, then you should trust their decision to use Samsung parts.

Reactions: apolloa and MRU

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I honestly don't understand the hate at all. Then I don't understand the counter of 'loving' a company and putting them on a pedestal either.

To feel so passionate that you would use the descriptors 'love' and 'hate' to describe how much you personally feel about a company, which is a dissipationate entity that exists solely to generate revenue for its owner's, workers or investors; just seems very odd to me.

I've had products fail from all manufacturers, I've had good and bad service from them all too. But even when I've had great service or lousy experience, I would never describe feeling such extreme emotions of 'hate' or 'love' ...

Indeed where this thread has ended up going is even stranger. We've moved so far from the topic at hand it's baffling. Your literally arguing about nothing peeps. Absolutely nothing .....

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'm a fan of products, but not so much the companies. People always try to personify these companies, but they are just entities made up of thousands of employees, all of which are individuals with their own personalities and opinions.

One of my AT&T reps is actually a Verizon customer and one of the managers was talking about heading to the Verizon store during they're break to check out the Pixel. The "fans" on the internet actually feel more passionately about these companies then the actual employees. I'm sure there are many Samsung employees using iPhones, as well as several apple employees using Samsung phones.

Reactions: I7guy and MRU

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, I don't see the point in arguing with a poster because they hate a certain company, really is their opinion going to change because of this? And why do you care so much?

As for "hating" a company, I can understand that to a point. I get hating a product or policy or service, and hating a company is fine as long as people don't forget that these large companies are comprised of thousands of employees getting paid to pay their bills.

I remember when Blockbuster was going out of business and I was there to pick up some cheap movies. There was another person there that was just ecstatic they were going out of business, they were talking about how they ripped off customers with late fees and how they put smaller mom and pop video places out of business and how the world is a better place without them. All the while completely ignoring the 5 employees there who lost their jobs.

I guess what I'm saying is hate the company to the point where you don't buy their products, but not to the point where you "root" against them and take glee in thousands of people losing their jobs.

Nope. I haven't rooted for them closing. As a matter of fact I said they can exist and people can buy their products for all I care, I just won't be buying their products.

I *did* say that I'm enjoying the drama here from so many people who have made this a proSamsung Apple centric site having to deal with the fact of a flagship exploding all over the news. And THAT is because I'm dead tires of being challenged on an Apple centric site for preferring Apple products.

If I went to Android Central to say how I feel about Samsung, I understand the kind of backlash I get here. But here? Truly, this place is more proSamsung than Android Central, Android Forums, and XDA combined.

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
I think what he is trying to say (in a much harsher tone) is that if you trust apple, then you should trust their decision to use Samsung parts.

I trust Apple. But I'll never again trust Samsung products.

And I never trust a company unquestioningly. So I do question their decision to trust Samsung components. I'd be happier if they didn't.

Reactions: Hanzu Lao

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

It's utterly amazing just how much arguing over NOTHING has been done. Truly comical and I've really enjoyed the devolution. Enjoy your phones people.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
That's just hilariously inaccurate. You can't "invent" a size.

Never said they did. Point is they were the first on the market with large smartphone displays and they were even mocked for it

AMOLEDs have very serious longevity issues. They look better at first, but subpixel fading, burn-in, and a general inequality between the three subpixels makes it a very flawed design

Modern OLEDs do not have this issue .OLED displays have come a long way .The sub pixel issue is solved through higher resolution

But even if it were perfect, Samsung did not invent AMOLEDs anyway.

They are the only relevant supplier of OLED displays which is why Apple has them as their prime supplier for the 8

Non-Apple inspired eh? Ok then...
Showing me the base of the phone which can only be designed in so many ways.Sorry but the S7 and the iPhone look NOTHING alike

Last edited:

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Never said they did. Point is they were the first on the market with large smartphone displays and they were even mocked for it
This isn't exactly a selling point to the brand. Making things bigger isn't difficult.

Modern OLEDs do not have this issue .OLED displays have come a long way .
Yes they do. All of the display units for Galaxy S7s and S7 Edge devices in pretty much all cell shops around here have significant burn-in. There's a reason Samsung doesn't let you set screen timeout to "never."

The sub pixel issue is solved through higher resolution
No, it isn't solved. It's covered up by throwing more hardware at a design issue, which is something Samsung has always been famous for doing. You still have unequal subpixel counts, you still have the inherent fault that circles don't fill up as much space as squares, and you still have ridiculous burn-in, which I thought we'd solved when we moved away from CRTs over a decade ago.

They are the only relevant supplier of OLED displays which is why Apple has them as their prime supplier for the 8
They are not the only relevant supplier of OLED displays. Apple did reportedly choose Samsung as the OLED supplier for the next iPhone, but that doesn't mean it'll be similar to any of Samsung's own panels (just like how Samsung-supplied A9 chips are still lightyears ahead of Samsung-designed Exynos chips).

Showing me the base of the phone which can only be designed in so many ways.Sorry but the S7 and the iPhone look NOTHING alike
To you, not to me, or most other people. And that's why you're a loyal Samsung customer, and why I see Samsung for what they are - a cheap Korean knock-off brand with fancy toys to attract ignorant buyers (Hyundai/Kia comes to mind too).

tumblr_ntuo7onmoB1r3kdlto1_500.jpg

samsung-vs-iphone-design-625x300.png

Samsung-Charger.png

samsung-v-apple-trial-640x434.jpg

16052234684_5965b4e932.jpg

SAmsung+copies+Apple+iPhone+icons+proof+comparison+real+lawsuit+appeal.jpg

341166442.jpg

You literally have Samsung's own internal team documents going over how they can copy Apple's UI, and then you have people like Radon87000 still defending Samsung, claiming "these look nothing alike." Truly remarkable.

Last edited:

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
So you can't invent bigger but you can invent square with rounded edges (lol) and retrospectively claim green phone icons as your design idea, even though it was used for years before and so on.......

Samsung weren't the first with a massive phone screen, from memory I think Dell was but Apple were certainly wouldn't have bothered if Samsung hadn't persevered with the Note.

Apple saw some money in larger screened devices and went for it, good on them.

Samsung copy
Apple copy
They all copy...
They all don't care about you personally.
They all want your money.

Like someone else said, enjoy your phones and let others enjoy thiers.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
So you can't invent bigger but you can invent square with rounded edges (lol) and retrospectively claim green phone icons as your design idea, even though it was used for years before and so on.......
Rofl there's a lot more copied than just that. If those were the only similarities you saw in those pictures, then you really don't understand basic design principles.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I'm no even going to pretend to know about basic design principles, not my field really.

I do know I wouldn't mistake a galaxy for an iPhone regardless of my design ineptitude.

This **** gets boring really quickly and has absolutely nothing to do with the discontinued Note 7, which was an awesome phone apart from the obviously dangerous ability to catch fire or if we want to get carried away, explode.

But let's keep flogging the dead horse.....

Reactions: apolloa

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
I'm no even going to pretend to know about basic design principles, not my field really.

I do know I wouldn't mistake a galaxy for an iPhone regardless of my design ineptitude.

This **** gets boring really quickly and has absolutely nothing to do with the discontinued Note 7, which was an awesome phone apart from the obviously dangerous ability to catch fire or if we want to get carried away, explode.

But let's keep flogging the dead horse.....
It's ok, really

Internal Samsung documentation is the only proof I need, and thankfully it doesn't require being good at design (which goes both ways apparently)

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London

Modern OLEDs do not have this issue .OLED displays have come a long way .The sub pixel issue is solved through higher resolution

actually dell is credited with the first phablet not Samsung.

Reactions: Hanzu Lao

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
One of the best smartphones that died too soon...

Better its life than ours.

RIP Note 7 (August 19, 2016 - October 11, 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.