Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I hope you realize that this photo was a leak prior to the actual device being released...this past April. You can get a look at the real deal now if you'd like. :D
Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Gold-Platinum..jpg

That's the one I have, and hands down, the most beautiful smartphone I've owned. Case-less too. I just have XTreme guard skin protector on the back, and a standard screen protector up front. The skin on back gives me grip, yet still allows the device to be seen in all its glory.

I just have to make sure I never ever drop it.

Reactions: jamezr

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
That's the one I have, and hands down, the most beautiful smartphone I've owned. Case-less too. I just have XTreme guard skin protector on the back, and a standard screen protector up front. The skin on back gives me grip, yet still allows the device to be seen in all its glory.

Not a gold/champagne fan myself but can certain recognize a nicely designed phone. I'd love to see the black one with a slate gray trim and have the same effect as the black iPhone, where you can't see the bezel with the screen off. I know the older Galaxy S models has some weird faux texture on the bezel--I can't recall since I haven't looked at one in person in while, does the S6 have this same type of bezel?

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Do I chance trading my S6 Edge for an S6 standard to see if it is any better memory wise ?
I don't see how that would make a difference, unless the software for the side gestures is severely bloated. Have you tried disabling those?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I don't see how that would make a difference, unless the software for the side gestures is severely bloated. Have you tried disabling those?

Probably wouldn't but seeing as I have an edge sitting on the shelf it's seems a waste to not be using it and it's just someone offered me the trade.

Thing is I likely would get an extra €100 difference when reselling the edge over the standard model so if this didn't change my experience I would lose potentially €100 by trading.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Probably wouldn't but seeing as I have an edge sitting on the shelf it's seems a waste to not be using it and it's just someone offered me the trade.

Thing is I likely would get an extra €100 difference when reselling the edge over the standard model so if this didn't change my experience I would lose potentially €100 by trading.
In that case, it might be best to just sell it and put the money aside for the next phone release. The next Moto X, Note 5, iPhone 6S, and Nexus are coming soon and when they start coming out your resell value will start dropping.

Reactions: MRU and jamezr

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
In that case, it might be best to just sell it and put the money aside for the next phone release. The next Moto X, Note 5, iPhone 6S, and Nexus are coming soon and when they start coming out your resell value will start dropping.

Yeah probably very sage advice :)

Guess it's just a case that I've not a new phone in a few weeks and I'm getting itchy feet :p

HappyJB

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

I got a white one and I am loving it. I tried a couple of tempered glass front, but hollowing effect around edges killed it. So, I went for Armorsuit brand full body protection, the one you spray soapy water and squeez. And yes, that included back and all sides as well. Hard to install (especially all sides) and you will loose slight clarity on the screen, but it is very worth. That film provides perfect grip and I am using s6 without case. (installation tip: use hair dryer)

Reactions: epicrayban

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
I hope you realize that this photo was a leak prior to the actual device being released...this past April. You can get a look at the real deal now if you'd like. :D
Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Gold-Platinum..jpg

LOL... warp speed!

This is a sweet looking device. I have to say though... It does resemble and iPhone 6 a lot...

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Not a gold/champagne fan myself but can certain recognize a nicely designed phone. I'd love to see the black one with a slate gray trim and have the same effect as the black iPhone, where you can't see the bezel with the screen off. I know the older Galaxy S models has some weird faux texture on the bezel--I can't recall since I haven't looked at one in person in while, does the S6 have this same type of bezel?

None that I can tell.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I've been running bare since I got mine but I was browsing Amazon last night and see that there are now curved glass ones available.

Anyone ever tried these ?

I've been browsing screen protectors on Amazon as well. All of them have mixed reviews. I think I'm just going to order one and see for myself. One with a dry installation instead of a wet install.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I've been browsing screen protectors on Amazon as well. All of them have mixed reviews. I think I'm just going to order one and see for myself. One with a dry installation instead of a wet install.
Yeah I have never had any luck with wet install ones plus they have a weird sticky / spongey feel after they are applied that I detest.

I am going to order Spigen's new one for the edge - it wasn't available when I got my device but I swear by spigen cases and their glas.tr range

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Yeah I have never had any luck with wet install ones plus they have a weird sticky / spongey feel after they are applied that I detest.

I am going to order Spigen's new one for the edge - it wasn't available when I got my device but I swear by spigen cases and their glas.tr range

You have an S6 Edge?? I thought you sold yours.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
You have an S6 Edge?? I thought you sold yours.

I was going to sell, but the sale fell through - I simply lost trust in the person who agreed to buy it when they refused to give me their mobile telephone number (it was on a classified adverts website here in Ireland) so its remained mostly in its box, i did unpack it when 5.1.1 was released just to try and then put it back in the box once more. So yeah it's ready to sell / move on to a new home - but I'm not in a desperate rush for the cash and there is no other phone out at the moment I want which is why i'm not jumping to offload it.

I am waiting to see what Moto X 2015 is like and price and then I'll see if I'm interested to get that and trade around / sell off.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I was going to sell, but the sale fell through - I simply lost trust in the person who agreed to buy it when they refused to give me their mobile telephone number (it was on a classified adverts website here in Ireland) so its remained mostly in its box, i did unpack it when 5.1.1 was released just to try and then put it back in the box once more. So yeah it's ready to sell / move on to a new home - but I'm not in a desperate rush for the cash and there is no other phone out at the moment I want which is why i'm not jumping to offload it.

I am waiting to see what Moto X 2015 is like and price and then I'll see if I'm interested to get that and trade around / sell off.
Why don't you sell it on sellmymobile.com

That's where I'm selling my note 4, gear S and iPad 2

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I think I'm right. It's chrome causing the home screen refresh. Can anyone else experiment or keep an eye out for it? After using chrome for a period of time, going home causes a home screen refresh where everything redraws.

Anyone else? I've started noticing this more and more. I can't remember if it's only been this way the whole time. Linking it to chrome is something I've only noticed recently so can't be too sure. And it doesn't seem to always happen per se nor do I know how long you have to be on chrome to make it happen...

Still a bit of a mystery but if anyone can pay attention next time, let me know. Thanks.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I think I'm right. It's chrome causing the home screen refresh. Can anyone else experiment or keep an eye out for it? After using chrome for a period of time, going home causes a home screen refresh where everything redraws.

Anyone else? I've started noticing this more and more. I can't remember if it's only been this way the whole time. Linking it to chrome is something I've only noticed recently so can't be too sure. And it doesn't seem to always happen per se nor do I know how long you have to be on chrome to make it happen...

Still a bit of a mystery but if anyone can pay attention next time, let me know. Thanks.

It happens occsionally on mine and I uninstalled chrome completely as I prefer Samsung stock browser as it doesn't use as much ram as chrome even with same tabs open.

Speaking of which - I will be using my S6 Edge as my primary next week as my iPhone 6+ has to be returned / replaced as the camera's OIS died yesterday and now it won't focus.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
T-Mobile today announced rollout updates for the GS6 and GS 6 edge that improves battery performance.

Oops, didn't see post above me but I can't delete it here...which is weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.