Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SwitchMonkey

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2003
in the thick of it
Re: Re: Bully for Gateway

I said specifically that their brand was stronger these days.

Their business, however, has been hurting for some time. You're just breaking old news, old man.

Gateway has also admitted this week to mistating their profits by almost half a billion, which could accelerate any demise.

But back to my point, which was, you gotta respect a company that has actually improved and innovated their product, even in this punishing PC sector.

But in your case, perhaps, just perhaps, you don't respect very much outside of your Apple-cosm. Oh, well...

"Jes' kill 'em all! Let Steve Jobs sort 'em out.."

Originally posted by MacQuest
Umm...I'd hate to be the one to break this to you, but...Gateway will most likely be out of business by this time next year:

SwitchMonkey

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2003
in the thick of it
Re: Re: Microsoft "Agile Business"

The Apple Stores are more geared for the consumers, prosumers and perhaps small business owners.

My point was a wish to see Apple beef up its attention to business and enterprise sales to lend more credence to its product. It's hard enough sneaking them in the door at businesses, it would be nice if Aple did more.

Apple does have a few reps focussed on media, publishing, education and biotech sectors, but these are relatively smaller markets.

I think the Apple brand these days really zooms-in on the educated, affluent prosumers-- and seems to skip the business world.

I'm not saying that that's awful or anything, but I'd like to see more healthy business market share for Apple.

Anyways...

Originally posted by MacQuest
Have you been to an Apple Store lately?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.