Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greatness

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2014
Lesson Learned: don't have your feelings hurt about a statistic that shows Mac users on average spend more online than PC users. Unless you are a PC user yourself, then cry and go on a one-man crusade (totally off topic, btw) while ignoring the basic concept of disposable income (it's a joke, relax).

what started off as a factual statement (that's all it was- the actual issue was in that the cookies in his browser resulted in a slightly lower cost on one computer versus another) spiraled out of control.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
They offered 185 for my wife's iPhone 5. I went through the process of on my mac and I'm somewhat pleased since the phone is 2 years old. I'm sure we'll get dinged by the poor battery and not see the full 185.

I agree with you on that some sites will alter their offers based on whether you're running a Mac or PC.

I read one of the travel sites offers more expensive rooms if they saw you connected to their site on OS X.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
That sounds a little unbelievable. Not on your part, but the situation in general. Why would anyone care what computer you use when the business in question has nothing to do with that? I think that's just a fallacy.

And you are......correct.

Finally we hear the voice of common sense :)

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
What I AM SAYING is while that information shows that people on Macs have spent a good amount of money on online shopping, it does not prove that's how people live their lifestyles on the norm. People using PC's may spend big money on cars which is generally not purchased through a computer. It IS BS if you're only going by how people shop through their computers.
I don't recall asking for your input in the first place. :rolleyes:

All I said was that certain websites WERE showing higher prices to the users of MACS.Not that Mac users spend more money.You're on a forum so I'm definitely going to put my input in but cool story bruh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.