Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Let's see...HP2110 all-in-one, big suck. Then the Epson scanner which went back two days later and (you get what you pay for) Canon Z70 camcorder (went back same day). That's about it as I read about everything way more than I used to do. Almost forgot Netgear router, as I thought my iBook at the time was bad (a day old) called AppleCare and spent 90 mins. on the phone with three different people trying to get it working (never did).

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
lilstewart92 said:
Epson Stylus 740 Color printer :mad:. Thing drove me nuts -- wouldn't play nice ever with my iMac G3 333MHz. :eek:

Now it's just collection dust :D

I had a Stylus 740! (I think that was the model number). :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It never worked right, and then one day it just didn't turn on. :rolleyes:

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
OutThere said:
I had a Stylus 740! (I think that was the model number). :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It never worked right, and then one day it just didn't turn on. :rolleyes:
Are you guys crazy?! (no offense) That's like the best printer ever, seriously, it works better than any other printer that I've ever used/own. It was cheap, and it still works perfectly. I've printed a few photos with it, and they're still shinny. Its ink cartridges last a lot, and they aren't that expensive (I used a Canon with cheap ink that lasted just a few week each cartridge). It works perfectly with PCs and Macs, and I haven't had problems with drivers. A b/w page prints like in 15 secs which is fast enough for me.

I could do a commercial about the 740 :p

Your guys are just bad luck for that printer :D

See this good reviews (most of them)

yuwing

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2005
bought Sony MD walkman. the software was ******** - very buggy, heavy on resources and slow. after a few years, the player crapped out and couldn't record anymore @_@ for some reason. maybe becuase it's the software running on xp... cuz i recently switched from 2000.

The player itself was okay, but i didn't like the fact that i had to convert everything. Why not just ****ing burn the mp3 on the disk and let it play! god!

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
I got this cool thing that you are able to switch the computer's boot drive by simply powering off, pulling out one HD and putting the other in. It works perfectly.

But, when we first removed the HD and put that in, my HD recieved a shock and is dead, along with all my files and everything.

But it all worked out because I got a 300 Gig HD instead of an 80 gig one (300 gig was on sale for $130), and I have another 80 gig just for Linux.

Linux also is annoying because its incompatible with every thing I own. I can't even get online with it. And its slow and buggy and impossible to install stuff. Yeah, its bad.

And finally, while its amazing and I never regret it, my Logitech MX1000 laser mouse's battery life is only like 3 days, and I use my computer whenever I'm home, so I always need to find another mouse and use that for like 4 hours while it charges. But once its charged its awesome.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Compaq SBW500o Series dekstopwfteveerposjunque gave me trouble from day one. Booted up my wife's Dell laptop from her work tonight...pos takes forever to boot, find wifi card, connect to my Airport Express. Well, it's just f'in Windows in general. Good grief what junk!

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
I can't remember what it was exactly, but it was some kind of e-book reader believe it was from Franklin but wouldn't swear on it... Hated it. Used it once.

After I switched, started to hate working with Windoze.

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
My first "real" computer...a Compaq something or other Pentium 3 pc. From the factory it was loaded with spyware, the modem was not attatched properly, the list goes on. I wasted so much time on problems that shouldn't have existed in the first place. I realize I was one of the unlucky ones who just got a bad piece of equipment, and the computer itself probably wasn't horrible, but I hear the name Compaq and I just shudder. See? I just typed Compaq and now I'm shuddering!! Oh! Oh! Look! I did it again!!
Yeesh...

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
dotdotdot said:
And finally, while its amazing and I never regret it, my Logitech MX1000 laser mouse's battery life is only like 3 days, and I use my computer whenever I'm home, so I always need to find another mouse and use that for like 4 hours while it charges. But once its charged its awesome.

Small tips: Put it in the charger when you're not using using it. ;)

But, yes, it can be annoying. Sometimes I forget it, and then I have to another mouse while it's charging.

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
1994 Ford Taurus

Worst car I ever owned. What took me over the edge was the transmission went out at 64k because of some nylon gear gave out. Of course they wouldn't cover it since warranty ran out at 60k. Never again am I buying a Ford.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
A 27" TV by APEX. Man is that thing a P.O.S.

In hindsight I think my dad easily would have spent the extra $50-75 to go with a better manufacturer.

EDIT: Also a 900 mhz. Thinkpad T31. That thing was alright for a few years but good lord did it have more problems than a SAT.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
I'll add another vote for the Epson Stylus 740... mine worked fine at first, but after a few months the prints became a big streaky mess - even after changing print cartridges.

I'm also starting to despise GE phones. I've had two now, where certain numbers on the number pad wear out. The one I have now I have to press "9" really hard to get it to work... my previous phone had a few numbers that just stopped working completely (even though the phone wasn't used that much).

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
Another for Nokia cell phones. I had two, they are easy to use but they are way behind in design. Mine was a size of a brick and weighed like one too!
Not really gear, but the biggest mistake in my life was purchasing
baseball cards and comics expecting a great fortune when I got older (dont mean to bash those that do still collect but mine is sitting here losing its value and sentiment) I think I will dust off my bike and shove a card or two in the spokes to rattle...like when i was a kid.

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
I hated the Powerglove for the NES. It was difficult to use and was so overpriced. Damned movie (The Wizard) made me believe.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
OnceUGoMac said:
I hated the Powerglove for the NES. It was difficult to use and was so overpriced. Damned movie (The Wizard) made me believe.

YES!!! This thing was damn hard to use, especially because I'm a lefty. Freaking Nintendo.

Now the Superscope 16 on the other hand...that thing kicked ass...too bad only like 3 games used it.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I DESPISE my Gateway 400SP laptop. What I hate more is that I paid over $2000 for that POS.
NOISY
HEAVY
ILL CONSTRUCTION
DEFECTIVE POWER CORD
OVER HEATING

Went into service center 8 times! Nothing but a bad memory.

DonBot

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2005
I hated my Gameboy Color, pretty worthless IMO. I've also been through a Sharp cellphone that looked nice, great camera, great screen but no battery. No other bad things I can think of.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
I hated my old semiens mobile phone. Useless piece of crap kept turning off on me and the 1cmx1cm (jk, but it was ****ing tiny) screen scratched really easily.

I also despise my PC with a passion. My Norton Antivirus doesn't work anymore and the thing is full of viruses and pop ups galore. :mad:

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
SOmetimes i hate my Sony Ericsson K700i cos the thumbstick will occasionally decide not to work.....deeming the phone pretty much un unusable for a while,

Shadow

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
2000 vw jetta that lost reverse at 28k miles, and pretty much went to crap afterwards.

2 canon 10d's that backfocused immensely.

and a nikon 24-85mm lens that collected dust like a mighty good maid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.