Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
SilentPanda said:
I just got a gmail account today. Is anybody else having trouble logging in? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I often get a javascript pop up telling me to try again later. I know it's in Beta so I'm not using it as my primary e-mail but is this a fluke of the day or is this how it's been since launch? Just curious.

I havn't noticed any popups, but sometimes it can't connect.
Another problem is the 'back' button doesn't work always. Suppose your are in inbox, you goto 'sent' folder, and then hit 'back' , it can't load the page.
But I guess it would be fixed once its stable.

cheers

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Yeah. It's not like a pop-up ad or anything. Just a javascript pop-up message. No biggie. It's just a kink and it's beta.

Off topic: Where is your avatar from? I think I've seen it but the only thing that pops into my head is the movie Ghostworld.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
Count me in. Almost anything has to be better than a 2 MB HotMail account. :( :eek:

Edit: Thanks to etoiles, I now have a brand spakin' new GMail account! :D :cool:

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado

Attachments

• Word Up.jpg
    Word Up.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 110

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Actually I think we shouldn't post invite links here, that leaves it open for lurkers to stop by and pinch our invites without ever contributing to the MR comminity, this shouldn't be about helping out people we don't even know!

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Account given. Thank you paperstreet! I will return the favor here as soon as I get my invites!

Lee Tom

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
edesignuk said:
Actually I think we shouldn't post invite links here, that leaves it open for lurkers to stop by and pinch our invites without ever contributing to the MR comminity, this shouldn't be about helping out people we don't even know!

I agree. The idea is to look at the order in which people posted asking for an invite. You are supposed to send your invitations to the first people that posted. After you have received an invite, edit your original post to say so, that way people know who to send invitations to next. Just posting a link in the forum completely ruins the whole idea behind this thread.

Paperstreet

macrumors member
I really don't want to post links either. The only reason I did is because it seems noone is updating their posts to say that they got invites.

If people were doing this, it wouldn't be a problem.

I've got a few more invites coming. So what do I do? Noone wants me to post links, so someone decide who's next on the list.

I've got 2 invites I think. Or at least one. Who gets it?

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Account given. Thank you paperstreet! I will return the favor here as soon as I get my invites!

Lee Tom

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
I'd love to be able to drop hotmail for gmail. A pre-thanks for anyone with extra invites. We have quite a community here. Keep up the good work.

toysport [AT] neo.rr.com
(Gotta try to keep the spam out :))

Update: I got an invite yesterday. Thanks to Mac Gal for the account! Now I just gotta wait until I start getting invites so I can give something back.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Could anybody post a pic of their gmail account showing an invite available for them to send out? I already have a gmail account but am curious as to what to look for. I don't anticipate being able to send invites any time soon but I'd hate to miss 'em when I can...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
SilentPanda said:
Could anybody post a pic of their gmail account showing an invite available for them to send out? I already have a gmail account but am curious as to what to look for. I don't anticipate being able to send invites any time soon but I'd hate to miss 'em when I can...
I don't have a pic, but I can tell you what to look for. In redwriting next to "Show*search*options**Create*a*filter", and under the search box, there will be a link to send out the invites, you can't miss it!

etoiles

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2002
Where the air is crisp
SilentPanda said:

something like this...

Attachments

• invite.jpg
    invite.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 126

kentd

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2003
Boston, MA
Thirteenva said:
I'd like a gmail addy too... to replace my hotmail one that is filled with unsolicited SPAM!

I have sent thirteenva and obeygiant invites already. Could you please edit your messages to say you got one?

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
etoiles said:
ouuuuu, I like riddles. It is...it is...Beatrice ? No wait, erm, Count Claudio of Florence ? Ursula ? Oh, I got it: Kate Beckinsale ! :D

No! Damn you! Don't screw with me! I'm far to gullible for such games. Do you get it? I dunno. I was in a weird mood - very Photoshoppy. Bah. Thanks again, darlin'. You're one in about 6.2 billion. :p :lick:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I just posted on a related thread a few minutes ago saying that I had no idea why people would want a Gmail invite.

Then I read a bit, then a bit more.

Darn it, now I want one! I feel like a PC user, discovering Macs for the first time. ;)

Please add me to the list, and I will send my invites to whoever's top on this list once I get them.

<Edit>Got one. Thanks, etoiles! I'll pass any invites along to this list....</Edit>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.