Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjjoseph

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2013
Link doesn't work.

Anyone have a copy I could borrow?

I found it on GOOGLE and followed the instructions from the Beginning of this thread. Worked Perfectly.

Do this...
GOOGLE "HDMIAudio nvidia os x" Its the second link after this MacRumors discussion link.

andrejkw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Link doesn't work.

Anyone have a copy I could borrow?

Sorry about that. The link should be working now!

I noticed it doesn't show up under kextstat in 10.9.2 even though it is working fine. So don't think that was a good test. I assume it is something with my card at this point.

I'm still looking into your problem. I may need some additional diagnostic information. I will send you a PM with the details. Hang in there!

Liger Megatron

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
Hi all, newbie here making his first tentative post..

I have a 2012 Mac Pro + Sapphire HD 7950 Mac Pro Edition card installed. Same problem as everyone else; no hdmi audio output on the card to Sony Bravia TV:mad:

Phoned Apple tech support advising of this problem but have yet to hear back from them with a fix. Tried installing OS X 10.8.2 ML then driver on video card driver disc to no avail. Also reformatted HDD and did a fresh install of OS X 10.8.5 to begin with.

For those that don't know; OS X 10.8.5 has built in driver support for specifically for this card (supposedly!). If you try to install the driver from driver disc after fresh install of 10.8.5 you get a prompt advising its not possible to do so.

In addition to this are the comments on the manuf website confirming latest/only driver available for download is unnecessary if you're already running 10.8.5.

I'm happy to upload any screen dumps or log files for andrejkw (or anyone else) to scrutinise.

Hopefully my problem can be fixed and held up as a trophy to the legendary success of andrewjkw.

Regards,
Liger Megatron

P.S Ronindavid; love your response "Find out who this andrejkw person is and give him a job since he's already doing yours".:D

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
have a 2012 Mac Pro + Sapphire HD 7950 Mac Pro Edition card installed. Same problem as everyone else; no hdmi audio output on the card to Sony Bravia TV

I have this card, and I have a flashed 5,1. After contact Sapphire, they said driver is not their issue, must wait for Apple's update.

There is no offical audio driver for this card under OSX yet. But the driver provided in this thread should works perfectly.

Liger Megatron

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
Hi h9826790, thanks for the speedy response. Apple advised me today that they feel it is one of 2 thing; faulty Mac Pro or faulty Sapphire Card. I personally don't believe its either. I've followed the instructions in post one but still don't have audio, but am happy to concede maybe there's something else I need to configure.

Again, happy to upload screen dumps or log files (providing someone can tell me how:eek:)

regards,
Liger M

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I just try the 10.9.4. It still works.

Anyway, what do you have in system report -> PCI Cards?

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 23.50.14.jpg

The highlighted item is actually the audio part of the graphic card. Did you get a "YES" under "Driver Installed"

Liger Megatron

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
Hi h9826790 , thanks for your response. Yes, I do have an "installed" next to those 2 items in system report. I also have a new listing for HDMI audio in the audio report, but not in system preferances. It still lists the 3 options for regular audio output/input but not a 4th for HDMI. I may need to retry something from 2 days ago; remove the video card to gain access to press the tiny button (PRAM?) on the motherboard. Ditto the other button to the far left of the board too. To be honest I don't know what those buttons do or if they're connceted to my problem...

I've also connected my Macbook Pro to same Sony Bravia with same HDMI cable + Moshi adaptor. audio comes through no problems. Not looking forward to returning the sapphire card if it proves to be faulty; purchased it on Ebay from a reputable seller half a world away....

Regards,
Liger M

andrejkw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Hi h9826790 , thanks for your response. Yes, I do have an "installed" next to those 2 items in system report. I also have a new listing for HDMI audio in the audio report, but not in system preferances. It still lists the 3 options for regular audio output/input but not a 4th for HDMI. I may need to retry something from 2 days ago; remove the video card to gain access to press the tiny button (PRAM?) on the motherboard. Ditto the other button to the far left of the board too. To be honest I don't know what those buttons do or if they're connceted to my problem...

I've also connected my Macbook Pro to same Sony Bravia with same HDMI cable + Moshi adaptor. audio comes through no problems. Not looking forward to returning the sapphire card if it proves to be faulty; purchased it on Ebay from a reputable seller half a world away....

Regards,
Liger M

Let's try to figure this out.

Looks like I can't send you a private message? Instructions below.
I sent you a PM with instructions on how to export your IORegistry for debugging.

1. Open Terminal, located in the Utilities folder.
  2. Enter this command, then press the Return or Enter key:
    Code:
    ioreg -l -w0 -p IODeviceTree > dump.ioreg.txt
  3. There should now be a file named dump.ioreg.txt in your home folder.
  4. Email this file as an attachment to ondrej@exvision.net with HDMIAudio in the subject line.

Last edited:

Liger Megatron

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
Hello andrejkw, thanks for coming to my rescue:) Since your post I've reformatted HDD again (3rd time in as many days, sigh) and done the following;

Reload os x 10.8.2
Installed combo update 10.8.5
Installed your driver

Below are 3 screenshots for viewing. I've also emailed you at your private address the txt file as requested. To echo everyone else, I say a very sincere thank you for your good work and continued interest in the problems we're all dealing with.

Best Regards,
Liger Megatron

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.55.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.55.53 PM.png
    470.7 KB · Views: 323
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.58.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.58.32 PM.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.59.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.59.22 PM.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 301

filmjames

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2014
I found it on GOOGLE and followed the instructions from the Beginning of this thread. Worked Perfectly.

Do this...
GOOGLE "HDMIAudio nvidia os x" Its the second link after this MacRumors discussion link.

That would not work as it is an OLD version and for 10.9.1 not 10.9.3.

But thanks, next time I will try to use this google you speak of, it sounds like it could be the next WebCrawler.

filmjames

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2014
Sorry about that. The link should be working now!

Thanks so much for getting it back up.

It didn't work though. Similar problems as Hennesie2000 if that helps. Let me know if you need me to dump any files.

I have 3 of the MacPro 1,1 machines, two have the 560Ti. I am going to test it on the other and let you know the results.

Liger Megatron

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
Ok, further update on my situation;

Did another reformat and installed OS X 10.9.2 on my Mac Pro. Then installed the hdmi audio driver. SUCCESS, I have audio coming through my Sony TV:) This is a huge relief as I can rest easy knowing there's nothing wrong with the card or mac:D

However the problem is I wish to run 10.8 as my OS, not 10.9 so I'm still stuck..

regards,
Liger M

Liger Megatron

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion h9826790, but if a way can be found to get it working with 10.8 I'd rather run this os.

Regards,
Liger M

Liger Megatron

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
I purchased the Server version/app of Mountain Lion and plan to use my Mac Pro as a multi-function server. Yes, I know there's also a server version of 10.9 Mavericks but I've been using 10.8 for a while and am comfortable with its setup.

Liger M

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Stopped working after 10.9.3 with my GTX 460, so I ended up going back to optical audio. :(

Liger Megatron

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2014
thats awful Fuchal :( Another reason why I'm sticking with 10.8.5; i don't have to worry about repeating the driver install process every time Apple release an update to Mavericks…

Regards,
Liger M

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Stopped working after 10.9.3 with my GTX 460, so I ended up going back to optical audio. :(

There seems to be an issue with Nvidia cards after the 10.9.3 update. The developer of the kext is working to try and resolve the issue though. If you need HDMI audio, just reinstall Mavericks 10.9.0 overtop of your existing install (it won't change anything in your home folder) and then use the 10.9.2 combo update.

----------

thats awful Fuchal :( Another reason why I'm sticking with 10.8.5; i don't have to worry about repeating the driver install process every time Apple release an update to Mavericks…

Regards,
Liger M

The driver install takes less than two mins, it is hardly a reason to not run Mavericks. Any third party software or driver could have issues after an update to the OS, that is the nature of 3rd party and the reason for beta releases to developers.

jjjoseph

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2013
That would not work as it is an OLD version and for 10.9.1 not 10.9.3.

But thanks, next time I will try to use this google you speak of, it sounds like it could be the next WebCrawler.

Of course your welcome, and sarcasm is always appreciated. I will teach you more about the GOOGLE someday, but I can tell, your not ready yet.

johsavi

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2014
10.9.3 Issue

I'm having an image/audio issue through mini displayport to HDMI to TV from my Mac Pro.

I have the early 2009 Mac Pro and the ATI Radeon HD 5770 (Apple Version). I was not getting audio until I used the "HDMI Audio 1.0." I started with 10.9.2 I did the update and I'm unsure if it's related to the update or maybe this hack doesn't support my ATI card completely.

I'm getting a random audio and video flicker, I have tested the HDMI cable, ran several different cables length 10ft, 30ft, 50ft. Everything is pointing to the software or the video card itself.

Anyone else having an issue with static flicker, and actual image and audio randomly cutting out? I'm not an expert with these things but I'm trying to do everything I can before having to re-install EVERYTHING. Thanks for all your help guys!

Also any plans to add support for OS X 10.10 in the future?

Last edited:

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
I'm having an image/audio issue through mini displayport to HDMI to TV from my Mac Pro.

I have the early 2009 Mac Pro and the ATI Radeon HD 5770 (Apple Version). I was not getting audio until I used the "HDMI Audio 1.0." I started with 10.9.2 I did the update and I'm unsure if it's related to the update or maybe this hack doesn't support my ATI card completely.

I'm getting a random audio and video flicker, I have tested the HDMI cable, ran several different cables length 10ft, 30ft, 50ft. Everything is pointing to the software or the video card itself.

Anyone else having an issue with static flicker, and actual image and audio randomly cutting out? I'm not an expert with these things but I'm trying to do everything I can before having to re-install EVERYTHING. Thanks for all your help guys!

Also any plans to add support for OS X 10.10 in the future?

This driver should have nothing to do with a video flicker and I haven't experienced that at all. Have you tried just uninstalling the driver and seeing if the problem persist?

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
This is going to sound crazy but this works with OS X 10.10 DP1 for me when it will not work with 10.9.3. I am running 10.10 on my Mac Pro 1,1 using Chameleon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.