Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troyman11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Hello, Mac community.
I just starting using this new product called hamachi. I was wondering which internet it used. My host computer of the server is on a pc at my house. I take the mac with me to school but most of the websites are blocked. So if I use Himachi will these websites work because---its using my home network that doesnt have restrictions or is it still using my school one. Thanks

darkcurse

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2005
Sydney
If I'm not mistaken, the concept of Hamachi is that it allows you to create a "LAN Connection" over the internet so that you can share files, and play networked games. So in that sense it is not a proxy server and will not allow you to bypass the restrictions in your school.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
no matter what you do, you wont be able to "bypass" the proxy server settings at your school because they are required to go externally to the interwebz.

if you can somehow find a proxy server that cna be connected to from your school, then and only then will you be able to go to other websites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.