Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I just REALLY hope we don't see a protruding camera.....make it thinner - but not that thin. IMO the "thinness" criteria should be based on the camera apparatus. If it sticks out, the phone is too thin.

TylerL

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
We'll see how things develop, but we wanted to test things out with a quick 3d print of the 4.7" one to compare against the case.

Would you mind posting the .stl file from your print so we can play at home?

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
OMG what is this the 80's?! I don't want to hold a brick up to my face to talk on the phone! How is this going to fit into anyone's pants!? People will look like dolts handling a phone that large! Phandroids can have their phablets!

*Takes photos at public events with iPad*

*Puts iPad mini into suit pocket*

I'm not against taking pictures with an iPad because it's hilarious. Imagine people at a wedding doing that. Yes, I've seen it. :D

iSteve-O

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
I wanted a larger screen but with the physical home button taking up all the space, it's ridiculously too big now.

Touch ID's durability and reliability is questionable anyway so just get rid of it and make on-screen buttons.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I wanted a larger screen but with the physical home button taking up all the space, it's ridiculously too big now.

Touch ID's durability and reliability is questionable anyway so just get rid of it and make on-screen buttons.

I think the home button will remain until the fingerprint sensor is integrated into the display. I highly doubt Apple will remove a highly touted featured.

williamwilson

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2014
I think we will see an iPhone 5SC with minor tweaks for those wanting a 4 inch screen as well as the iPhone 5C. The 5S will be retired as they did with the 5. The 4.7 inch will be the iPhone 6. The 5.5 inch device will either be a large iPod or small iPad with a full cellular option. That is, it will actually be marketed as a small tablet with a phone option.

Im betting the 5s and 5c will continue as is for those who want to stick with a small screen. The 4.7 inch is the iPhone 6 and the 5.5 will be the phablet Apple does not currently have but really needs.

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013
This should be a great release.The one handed people might freak out worse than the iOS6'ers

tonmischa

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2007
I really hope that 4,7" is not the smallest available phone from Apple...
I don't care about the best and biggest graphics, the longest battery life or the fastest processor.
I want a phone that I can actually use with one hand !

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Up next to that five, this mockup looks a bit too tall to fit comfortably in my pocket… I’m concerned. Could we maybe kill those top and bottom bezels a bit? If those were half as wide as they are, I’d be sold.

I agree, why can't they kill the top/bottom bezels? Do the earpiece and home button really need that much real estate? Makes it look like a 1990s phone, but at least it will be thin, which will make it stand out next to all the chunky android/WP phones.

JohnnyRockets31

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Really? Does anyone care about mockups of rumors?

This is really a waste of time for everyone. Apple will build what they think is best and they will ship it when it's ready. End of story. Mockups of rumors... Get a life.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
Boring..

Smaller is far more elegant - for realz...

I do all my phone calls via VOIP on free wifi through my perfect iPad Air with blue tooth headset, while getting mass work done. iPhone is cute and has it's place, purpose and what not, keep it the way it is, starting to look like those other android phones out there, people mainly play those rainbow blasting, color ball matching games any hoooo right? Like on the NYC metro, EVERYONE is playing the same color matching exploding balls tetris game?

I enjoy saving money.

Love you all! Spend my money too while you're at it hmm?!

xx oo

Last edited:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
oh look ... another row of icons on an OS that was intented for an 3.5 screen back in 2007 and hasnt really taken advantage of those bigger screens being it the iPad, iPhone 5 etc ever since. i know this is just a mockup but it will happen. kinda meh yet ill probably buy it .. -.- hate myself for it lol

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009

They can't. Google will sue them ;)

williamwilson

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2014
I really hope that 4,7" is not the smallest available phone from Apple...
I don't care about the best and biggest graphics, the longest battery life or the fastest processor.
I want a phone that I can actually use with one hand !

Then you can buy the 5s or 5c :)

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Really, other than case issues. I can't see why the home button could not be on the back of and iPhone in the future.

Your fingers are over the back of the device anyway, and it's easy to feel the indentation on the back to press or unlock.

Think it could be easy to use after a few moments getting used to it.

As I say it's just the case issue that would be something to work around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.