Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanni10

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2013
How to Get Sky Go working on Jailbroken iphone 5 ios 6+

Sky Go Not Working on Jailbroken iphone??

Well this is how to get Sky Go Working on Jailbroken iPhone 4 or 5 with any IOS 6+

First of all remove your Sky Go App already installed then follow these instructions:

1. Download Xcon 38 Beta 1 - Zippyshare.com - Xcon 38 Beta.zip

2. Add repo.hackyouriphone.org/ to Sources on Cydia and load Xcon Alias 33

3. Load AppSync on Cydia

4. Download old Sky Go Files and Unzip to any folder - Zippyshare.com - skygo.zip

5. Download ifunbox from their website and Click on Install App - Search for Sky Go downloaded folder

6. Voila! Sky Go will appear on your iphone. Log in using your Sky account details

Anytime+ wont work for some reason, but hey you got Sky Go working!

NB: Do this all at your own discretion. I can not be held liable for anything that goes wrong! (Not that it should)

khenryashley

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2013
Skygo on JB iPad stop working.

I believe sky have patched the skygo app to stop working on JB iOS.
(Keeps telling me my user name and password are incorrect) even though it is.
It had been working great until mid March. I was able watch sky through my Apple TV on to my tv.
Looks like that's the end of my peaceful life of retiring to spare bedroom to watch the football.
Hope someone comes up with solution.
Cheers
Ash

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Even with the recent xcon beta updates its not working yet.

These guys are not Uk based so they dont have the resources to play with sky go !

gbu

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
Oh thought was only me that ws having this probelm.

Has anyone got it working at all yet?

gbu

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
Any updates on this yet, now the footy season nearly here again would like this working lol

Atlantean

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I was trying a while back - still no joy though :-(

It is so annoying! What gets to me is that I pay SKY €115 a month and I can't get something that is supposed to be available to me!

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I was trying a while back - still no joy though :-(

It is so annoying! What gets to me is that I pay SKY €115 a month and I can't get something that is supposed to be available to me!

Its Apples way of saying if you jail-break you wont get all the goodies !

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
This is what I remember.

Just having a read on the sky site help forums and seen this answer to an android user complaining :-

Hi androidsky,

Unfortunately we are unable to support rooted devices as this breaches the contractual agreements we have with our content providers. This also goes for Apple devices which have had their software modified.

Thanks,
Garry
Sky Knowledge Advisor

gbu

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
I take it by the lack of replies that still no one has got this working, much needed now new PL season has started lol

adammacleod

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
I take it by the lack of replies that still no one has got this working, much needed now new PL season has started lol

Nothing yet. However for the football I use the Sky Sports app then it allows me to watch all the sports channels through that

gbu

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
Nothing yet. However for the football I use the Sky Sports app then it allows me to watch all the sports channels through that

So you can watch the games on a jb phone?
Which app is it?

Nevermind i have just got it work via the older app and playing fine woohoo happy days :)

gbu

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
Has anyone got this working on latest 7.0.4 whether its iPhone 5 or iPad mini?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.