Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddiewouldcode

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
I've tried everything, the damn thing just won't connect. Why the iphone won't provide any feedback when you input your password, it seems to take anything you throw at it.

ljp

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
It's actually told me wrong password a few times when I clearly typed it wrong when trying to enable the wifi. My problem doesn't seem to be a password issue. I can get to the router when I type the address into the bar on the iphone. Its just getting beyond the router that's the problem.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
It's actually told me wrong password a few times when I clearly typed it wrong when trying to enable the wifi. My problem doesn't seem to be a password issue. I can get to the router when I type the address into the bar on the iphone. Its just getting beyond the router that's the problem.

Some poeple have reported success with inputting your ISP's DNS address manually into the iPhone, rather than using the one that DHCP assigns you.

Mathartguy

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Restoring internet connectivity

Initially, I was fine, but as of this morning had lost connectivity. My laptop still worked fine, using the WiFi from my Apple Aiport base station. I wasn't able to fix it from my iPhone. However, unplugging my base station and plugging it back in fixed the problem.

michelle21

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Wierd little set up issue,

using wep , in the password field I had to change the value from password to hex/ascii

maybe thats your problem.

schuylerc

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
got it working finally

i had an issue, but just got it sorted out. i could use EDGE, but not wifi at my house. i have a Belkin router, and the network was working fine for everything else, with WPA security turned on, firewall turned off.
here's what solved it, in case it helps anyone else:

Under settings>wifi, the iPhone has a space for the DNS server. Mine was filled in with three addresses - the router and two others. (the router is set to auto-detect the DNS server). I deleted the router's address and left the other two, and everything started working properly.

good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.