Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
I am thinking about going to the Apple Store with a reservation for the  Watch. Has anyone done this before? How was your experience?

dmachine

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
I am thinking about going to the Apple Store with a reservation for the  Watch. Has anyone done this before? How was your experience?

That's how I got mine last week. Very simple, I got to my appointment and they allowed me to try on various combinations before I was sure what I wanted.

After I decided on the model I paid for it and they brought it out and let me do the unboxing then helped with the setup to iPhone which didn't take long at all.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
That's how I got mine last week. Very simple, I got to my appointment and they allowed me to try on various combinations before I was sure what I wanted.

After I decided on the model I paid for it and they brought it out and let me do the unboxing then helped with the setup to iPhone which didn't take long at all.
Great! I just reserved mine ;)

FellaMeLad

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2015
I reserved mine yesterday morning for a 4,pm slot. I was in I was in and out in 10 mins and was happy with the experience :)

Fella.

thaghost

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Winter Garden, FL
That is how I got mine last week. The entire process was great. I preferred buying it this way than having it delivered. They walked me through the pairing set-up and showed me everything I wanted to know about the watch. Definitely would recommend it for those who have availability in their area.

Reactions: !!!

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Yep after three faulty watches through online orders, I cancelled the third replacement and reserved at my retail store, picked it up an hour later and it was perfect.

ivxNinja

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2015
I had a positive experience as well. It was actually a good thing I decided to do it in store because I was able to try out the feel of the bands as well. I originally wanted the standard leather band but found that the Milanese band felt really comfortable to wear. I remember browsing the online store and really disliking the look of the Milanese and was happily surprised that trying it on made a difference.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I have done it successfully 3 separate times and bought 3 separate watches (returned 2). Third times a charm I guess cause i am finally sticking with this one. First got SG Sport, then went with SS with Milanese Loop, now got the SS with BSB. BSB is the most comfortable/versatile so decided to go with that one over the milanese loop, although the loop looks amazing, especially in the sunlight. (I may have to pick that one up eventually if I can find one for a good deal).

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I goy my 42mm SS Black Sport Band last week doing in store pickup. I went online at exactly 8am my time and reserved it at my local store. I went in a few minutes early and they seemed a bit confused. I just said I have a reservation to pickup a watch I reserved this morning and they said "You ordered a watch and are had it shipped here???" Or, "Do you want to see what we have in stock??" Eventually a more seasoned employee came over and showed the guy what I did and I had the watch and was out the door in 5 minutes.

Mac128guy

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2015
London, England
Did it last week. Easy once the reservation was made but boy does Apple put you through hoops to reserve the watch. Simply signing up for your reservation under your Apple ID isn't enough - you have to go through multiple hoops with a text and a special code entry in addition to using your Apple ID. Didn't really see the point in all the extra steps, but once it was reserved, it was really simple to walk in and grab it.

Lexical

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
I got mine through in store pickup, aside from the apple guy really trying hard to push applecare on me giving me horror stories about how expensive the watches are to repair, i was in and out within 5 minutes or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.