Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
I actually decided to buy a HP Touchpad Skinomi front screen which is going for $7 on Amazon, and I'll just repurpose it for the back of the Logitech cover.

floridonet

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2011
Irvine, CA
Can someone compare the keys to the Apple wireless keyboard in terms of tactile feel, etc??

I'm looking to replace my Apple keyboard because it turns on when in my case. I've been disabling BT on the iPad as a workaround, but this is somewhat of a hassle.

udonthaveasoul

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2012
Anyone get it shipped yet?
I don't even see a cancel button on that 'order details' page
Plus its keep showing the 'error' page every time i click on 'view invoice'
Do i have to call em to cancel my order?

Last edited:

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Anyone get it shipped yet?
I don't even see a cancel button on that 'order details' page
Plus its keep showing the 'error' page every time i click on 'view invoice'
Do i have to call em to cancel my order?

Call them and they will cancel it, specially since it hasn't shipped yet.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Call them and they will cancel it, specially since it hasn't shipped yet.

Yes. Their FAQ states that you need to call them to cancel any pre-orders that have not shipped.

I did that last night after I picked one up at my local Best Buy. (They had 4 or so on a shelf).

Love it so far.

Are any of you going to put any kind of bodyshield type protector on your iPad to guard against scratches? I take it that even the thinnest Feather cases will prevent the magnet from holding it securely...

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Yes. Their FAQ states that you need to call them to cancel any pre-orders that have not shipped.

I did that last night after I picked one up at my local Best Buy. (They had 4 or so on a shelf).

Love it so far.

Are any of you going to put any kind of bodyshield type protector on your iPad to guard against scratches? I take it that even the thinnest Feather cases will prevent the magnet from holding it securely...

Yeah, I bought a HP TouchPad Skinomi for $7 shipped on Amazon. I'll just repurpose it.

roguefury

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2010
[REDACTED]
SE Tucson Bes Buy has 2

Happen to be in Tucson on business, and found 3 at the SE Tucson BB by the airport.

I'll be cAncelling my pre-order

pekoe1111

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
Apple Keyboard Comparo

Very similar in feel, but Apple purists may disagree. One thing that keeps happening to me is my fingers keep touching the screen, putting the cursor in a different place!

Can someone compare the keys to the Apple wireless keyboard in terms of tactile feel, etc??

I'm looking to replace my Apple keyboard because it turns on when in my case. I've been disabling BT on the iPad as a workaround, but this is somewhat of a hassle.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Original poster
Here's a layout of the two keyboards....prefer the actual apple BT, of course, but the logitech ain't bad for a portable!

Definitely the same style of keys, but the apple kb's are a bit bigger and have more play, nicer to touch on (though I may just be used to it). Find a bit of error touch typing on it, but it's nice for a portable keyboard.

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 141

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Scored and cut the smart lock end off my i-Blason so I could use it with my new Logitech thin keyboard. The i-Blason was the thinnest back case I could find outside of a skin. I ordered a cheap HHI leather skin (http://amzn.to/IXaWVY) that I'm going to trim to fit the back of the Logitech keyboard. Should work nicely. Famous last words, I'm sure :)

Here's a link to my setup so far: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjz9sYYf

vjacques

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
any back cases that might possibly work without any cutting or i-Blason + manual cut is the best that can be applied here?

floridonet

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2011
Irvine, CA
Here's a layout of the two keyboards....prefer the actual apple BT, of course, but the logitech ain't bad for a portable!

Definitely the same style of keys, but the apple kb's are a bit bigger and have more play, nicer to touch on (though I may just be used to it). Find a bit of error touch typing on it, but it's nice for a portable keyboard.

Does it have brightness controls???

mobilebuddha

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
curious.. are these pictures before or after you cut the smart lock area off the i-Blason? Because that looks really nice!

Edit: 1 more question: Which i-Blason case is that?

Scored and cut the smart lock end off my i-Blason so I could use it with my new Logitech thin keyboard. The i-Blason was the thinnest back case I could find outside of a skin. I ordered a cheap HHI leather skin (http://amzn.to/IXaWVY) that I'm going to trim to fit the back of the Logitech keyboard. Should work nicely. Famous last words, I'm sure :)

Here's a link to my setup so far: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjz9sYYf

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
So it is working with the backcase on (and the required mod)? The iLounge review said it wouldn't work with any backcases so I dismissed it. If it'll work with a thin one, this is back in play.

They are wrong. Ha! I read that too. It works with the Incase snap back too, but it was thicker than the i-Blason, with less back/edge protection. I prefer the i-Blason. You might be able to find an i-Blason-like case without their smart cover lock edge. I tried, but couldn't find one. So far so good. I like that I can just pop it off and slip on my Apple Smart Cover if need be.

----------

So it is working with the backcase on (and the required mod)? The iLounge review said it wouldn't work with any backcases so I dismissed it. If it'll work with a thin one, this is back in play.

Also, see above. I already posted pics of it working.

bennyboo

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
Blue Lounge Design Kicks Protection Pads

This could be good for protecting the back of your Logitech Keyboard...its what I use and you don't have to modify it at all. Looks good too

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
This could be good for protecting the back of your Logitech Keyboard...its what I use and you don't have to modify it at all. Looks good too

Ah those are nice as well. Might give those a try as well.

Thanks for pointing them out.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Original poster
Slight flaw, and an easy fix

I put Ghost Armor on the back of my keyboard to match my iPad...and protect the bottom of the case against scratches.

It does that, but it also holds the logitech in place firmly against a smooth surface. When moving the case by grasping the magnetically locked iPad, I can see quite a bit of flex in the keyboard's magnetic rail.

The rail isn't held together too securely....looks like a it's held together with pegs and holes in the plastic. Drop of superglue in the peg that came loose, and voila, good as new!

And before you ask, I didn't want to go through the trouble of stripping the ghost armor off the first keyboard, exchanging it at BB and having the ghost armor reapplied to the replacement before trying a single drop of super glue.

Other than that, no trouble at all with the case. Again, I think moving the keyboard around with the ipad and rail, coupled with the stickiness of the ghost armor is what caused the piece to fail.

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Also, see above. I already posted pics of it working.

Yep, saw that, thanks!

So just to ask for a couple of details, does it still lock in the groove magnetically with the back cover on? Also, how are you finding the viewing angle? I've noticed back covers tend to push the iPad more vertical on stands.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Yep, saw that, thanks!

So just to ask for a couple of details, does it still lock in the groove magnetically with the back cover on? Also, how are you finding the viewing angle? I've noticed back covers tend to push the iPad more vertical on stands.

It's fine for me. It does push forward a tad, but not much at all. It did mores with the other backs I tried. Also, if you insert the open side, there is still some magnetism.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.