Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
I signed up to be notified about the service a while back. Haven't heard a peep, until this article. Not a very encouraging start...

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Can HBO Now be on a monthly contract basis like Netflix and cancel anytime you want?

redbill2

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
It is a monthly subscription, you can cancel at anytime.

----------

The subscription is through iTunes, the device doesn't matter.

now if I can get DirecTV to actually let me cancel it from there service, I may try it.

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Anybody seeing the HBO now app on a gen 2 Apple TV? I'm holding out for a new model. Or can the HBO now app AirPlay to my gen 2? Thanks in advance!

Ben1980

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2013
Working fine on an iPhone from the UK using Unblock US VPN.

Free month up and running and in app purchase set up for a USA iTunes account that has no card details registered.

Will log in on Apple TV later and make use of free trial but not sure how it can continue unless I can redeem USA iTunes gift cards?

Saying that I have Sky Atlantic which is what Sky claim is the 'UK home of HBO'

Last edited:

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Anybody seeing the HBO now app on a gen 2 Apple TV? I'm holding out for a new model. Or can the HBO now app AirPlay to my gen 2? Thanks in advance!

It is on mine (Gen 2)

----------

Working fine on a iPhone from the UK using Unblock US VPN.

Free month up and running and in app purchase set up for an USA iTunes account that has no card details registered.

Will log in on Apple TV later and make use of free trial as not sure how can continue unless can redeem USA iTunes gift cards?

Saying that I have Sky Atlantic wich the what Sky claim is the 'UK home of HBO'

Did you receive any registration errors? I keep getting "something went wrong" trying to sign in using the IOS app.

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2013
If you have HBO Go, does this work still? Or do you have to subscribe specifically to HBO Now?

It's separate. HBOGo is for people who have HBO through their provider. This is for those of us who don't . Now we can watch all the content you've had access to for awhile now.

Ben1980

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2013
It is on mine (Gen 2)

----------

Did you receive any registration errors? I keep getting "something went wrong" trying to sign in using the IOS app.

Nothing at all sorry - very smooth set up to be honest

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
I hope they sort out how to merge HBO Go / HBO Now. It's going to be hard for people to remember the difference.

Maybe they could rename them
HBO You Have Cable
HBO You Don't Have Cable

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
stupid thing says my login is wrong, i literally just set it up and got the confirmation email too. weird

MacinJosh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Finland
I'm getting weird **** right now. Apple TV won't play any video; "Video Error - No feed available."

iPad app won't sign in with my newly registered email. Says password is wrong. I try reset, no email. I do the same on my Mac, I get an error.

In short, nothing works except I can navigate the app on the Apple TV. I suspect their servers are wonky right now.

ross7777

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2014
MN
So we pay for this through iTunes? So it would use iTunes credit I loaded from gift cards? I often buy those at 15 to 20% off.

danrad

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2008
A bit of a cluster at the moment. Tried to set it up through the Apple TV, and get hung up on the "Accessing HBO Now." Downloaded the app and registered, but got an error — immediately followed by email confirmation of my registration. Tried to sign in using the login information I used to register, but I get another error message. Clicked on "Forgot password?" to try to reset it, but the promised email has not shown up.

Ben1980

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2013
Now I am receiving a region error on the iphone.

This is through the VPN setting on the 4G signal. Will try on WiFi later.

I know Unblock US support HBO Go so surely this will be solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.